Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$86
US$57
US$395
US$288
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$120
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$474
US$336
US$331
US$241
US$658
US$406
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$449/night.

US$293
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$510
US$256
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$429
1 159
1 077
1 159
1 077
All reviewssports barcourtyard viewbuffet stylemain buffetquiet poolsteakasian restaurantnachosevery other dayfoam partyliquor dispensernew sectionspecialty restaurantsscuba caribean adults only resorthot dogsa la carte
80 - 85 of 3 185 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I like Riu, I have stayed at them all over the world. This one is Ok. The rooms are nice the resort is well maintained and very large. Has some nice features like the water slide and beach grill but.....

I expect more from RIU, the service was not what I expect. I usually get a gift a room upgrade or at least a high floor room like I request. I got none of those here, in fact I got a room on bottom floor with a broken liquor dispenser, missing extra blanket for bed and it was right behind the nightclub and stage. A far cry from the top floor with view I requested. The food was very average, the Spanish place “Olé” was very good but the rest of it was not so good. Especially the steakhouse, had to wait an hour just to sit down and had to ask for everything. I ordered the rib eye there and it was terrible. I would not recommend staying at this resort and I would not go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank yorosey
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Republica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to RIU Hotels & Resorts and for sharing your experience with us. As a global brand, we strive to maintain consistent levels of quality in all our hotels.

We are glad to hear that our property and the guestrooms were to your satisfaction.

In regards to the room upgrade or the request, you might know as a repeating client that it is always subject to availability. Unfortunately, during your time of stay, our hotel was booked to its capacity, and therefore we were unfortunately not able to provide your request. At the same time we are very sorry to read your comments on the assigned room which we have passed to the involved department in case our standards have not been fulfilled at some point.

Since for RIU gastronomy is a very important aspect, we are sorry to learn that we were not able to meet your taste with our wide range of food served in our restaurants, but we are glad to know that your enjoyed the food in our spanish theme restaurant. However, we can assure you that we strive to improve our service daily in order to offer all our guests in house and future guests a pleasant stay. Certainly, we will forward your comments to our Chef and Maître D'.

We sincerely hope you will choose to visit one of our worldwide available hotels again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Republica
Online Reputation Manager

Hello,

I was a guest at the hotel from June 17th to June 24th, 2018. I stayed in room 3093.

Upon arrival at the hotel around 1h30pm my room was not ready. I understand the check in at 3pm. I was assigned a room in the new part of the hotel (1135 if I remember correctly). Unfortunately, when entering the room around 3H30pm my room was not cleaned! It was a disappointment. I went back to reception and explained the situation. They quickly assigned me a new room in the older section. I am a repeat guest. I prefer the older section because it’s closer to the beach.

I want to thank the following employees for making my stay memorable:

- Marino (at the buffet in the older section) an all his colleagues who worked with him during that week including management. They were professional, polite, engaging and I received excellent service from them;

- Dona (waiter) at the pool. He is always smiling. He is working hard to please you. He is quick to bring the drinks around the pool;

- Mr. Boss Bonny (animation). He is professional, the best entertainer, he is very talented and very engaging;

- Bernie 6… (animation) – He has lots of energy, he is engaging and he is professional;

- The Boss of the animation team who always supervise the employees to ensure they offer you the best performance and animation;

- The cleaning ladies who took care of my room during my stay;

- All the staff located beside the sports bar;

- The staff at the Spa I went twice during the week. They are amazing!

- Clarissa (spa) – She is caring, patient, professional, she will take the time to explain all the different service offered.

Pros:

- The hotel is very clean;
- Good guest service at bar areas/food service;
- Good variety of food;
- I like the staff they work very hard to please you;
- Shows were excellent, entertainment staff were especially engaging! The Beach Party (Sunday night) was a success and was fun. Animation Excellente!!!
- Felt very safe because I travelled alone;
- Strong wifi connection all over the resort;
- Nice quiet beach;
- Good drinks.

I am a repeat guest. I love the hotel mainly because of the staff. The have many restaurants (Asian, Spanish, Indian, Italian, Steak House). The two buffets are amazing and open until 10 pm. The steakhouse is book solid every day I suggest you go there early if you want a seat.

Overall, I have an amazing week! Please remember to tip $. The employees are working very hard to make sure you enjoy your stay.

Cheers, Salute!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank Lynne D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to this hotel june 18th we had a amazing vacation, the hotel is excellent , the food and the drinks are great. The have many restaurant that are buffets ( asian, spanish, indian, italian, steak house) theirs two buffets that are amazing open till 10 pm. Our favorite restaurant was the asian one they had many delicious sushis , teriyaki chicken and many more! The only negative part that we didn't like was the indian restaurant, we expect to have more food they have a little buffet not a lot of choices, we were disappointed. For the entertainment i expect to have alot of activities during the day and more music. They have 5 pools some are quiet and theirs one if you want to party near the garden parc, it can get very crowded. The beach was fantastic, but there was seaweed.
I recommand RIU HOTELS, they are truly the best.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sandra Z
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I honeymooned here from June 18-25. The staff is good, some friendlier than others. Food is good, wide range of options. Like many others I enjoyed the Jerk chicken on the beach. The rooms and amenities are good. Not the best I've ever seen, but comfortable and covered our needs. This resort is busy, but found a few quieter places, such as the beach bar beside "The hard rock". I noticed a few comments about the kind of people this resort attracts. I try to be opened minded and live and let live, but my major issue wasn't with the resort, but the rude customers. When eating at the buffet go early, had the misfortune of going later and it was like a cattle call. I do prefer smaller more intimate resorts, won't make that mistake again. The Riu is just to big. One last issue why are people playing there own music when there is already music playing. Very annoying. Leave the Bluetooth speaker at home and enjoy what's being provided.

Room Tip: Upgrade over looking pool. 2053, 2052, 2051
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iMac-canada
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place would awesome! Although it was a little party-ish for couples or older people, it was a lot of fun!

PROS:
-Very clean!
-Good guest service at bar areas/food service
-Good variety of food
-Shows were excellent, entertainment staff were especially engaging!
-Strong A/C in rooms
-Felt very safe
-Strong wifi connection all over the resort
-Nice quiet beach, very few “outside” vendors
-Strong drinks!
-We didn’t get sick at all!
-Slides!

Cons
-People at front desk are not very friendly, seem annoyed by any questions. Also inconsistently give information (gave us no info when we signed in, luckily we overheard someone else!)
-Food is not terrible, but not amazing. We didn’t get sick, so for a resort it wasn’t bad. But food is very very bland, also likely not a good idea if you have any food sensitivities. I did not see any milk alternatives/“main” dishes for vegetarians, there were rarely labels so you didn’t really know what you were eating.
-House keeping comes at very irregular times. Sometimes as early as 8 in the morning..as if some people wouldn’t still be in bed..
-Restaurants don’t take reservations, so be there right at 6:30 to get a seat.

Overall although there were certainly negatives to our experience, overall we had a great time and would recommend other people go here. Many of the “cons” are simply something that is inherent to all resorts!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple