Reviews (4 634)
2 457
1 351
2 457
1 351
All reviews caribbean street pool bar krystal restaurant palm trees el patio dominican republic jacuzzi suite thomson rep steak a la carte restaurants animation team evening entertainment main restaurant plenty of sunbeds relaxing holiday an adults only resort other resorts
547 - 552 of 4 634 reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is pretty good but the food was not very good. Breakfast was the best part. When we arrived we were given an upgraded room. It's a nice room but me and a friend shared a room and the shower is glass. So when you're in the room you can see into the shower because it's all open see photo. Nice for couples but I don't want to see my friend naked lol. Clean. All inclusive. Activities. Pools. Friendly people and staff. Adults only is a plus. I would give this hotel a 3.5

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank April_Rain412
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Macao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

For RIU, gastronomy is a very important part of the guest experience. We regret to read that we were not always able to meet your taste with the food served at our restaurants, but we are glad that our breakfast service fulfilled your expectations.

We are also disappointed to read you did not agree with the distribution of the room and the bathroom. We would like to inform you that the design has been though out in order to make the rooms brighter and a more modern. The toilet is in a separate, closed area in order to provide the necessary privacy.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 7 days with 4 other couples in early June 2017. I had a good time but this resort is not my style. If you've paid more to stay at nicer places you will immediately see that the Macao is good 3 star resort and nothing more.

Pros (for me)
The beach/sea is gorgeous.
Good breakfast and dinner buffet
Good food at Japanese and Krystal
Most of the staff tries hard to please.

Cons (for me)
Check in-we were spoken to as a group standing at the front desk, handed a drink and given a wristband, a regular key with your room number on it (don't dare lose it). No ride to the room.

Room was nice but white white white. No warmth to it. All 5 couples were given rooms with construction view. We were put on a list and moved two days later.

No bottled water or ice. I have a strong stomach. Never any issues ever! Been to five other all inclusive in Mexico and punta and never an issue. My husband and I have had bad a stomach for a week since we've been home.

Room service menu is very very minimal.

Lunch buffet..... ew! Go to Krystal.... yum!

All three pools were so warm that it was not refreshing. And I like a warm pool! These were hot! Couldn't enjoy swim up bar. Too small and hot and I'm sure full of pee.

Wristbands and towel card.... not for me.

No brand name alcohol.

Theater smells like moldy basement. I only saw 1 1/2 Performances - I hate to say they we're not good.

I made the best of it here and enjoyed myself and my friends but I will not return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is my second year back at the Macao and yet again this hotel did not dissapoint. On arrival the reception team were more then welcoming and friendly . We were put in one of the new buildings which were great , room was very spacious and spotless , clean towels and bedding every day as well as a very clever display of animal towels .
Mini fridge is stocked up everyday .
Staff at this hotel cannot do enough for you and a dollar tip occasionally goes along way .wheather your round the pool or on the beach you are being served drinks throughout the whole day .
The only negative I have regarding this hotel is I would like to hear more music in the drinking lounge area , one evening they had a violinist the whole evening ,good but not the whole evening. Others were saying the same thing .
The bar men tip and Danny were great waiters and did a great job .
Food here is amazing enjoyed every bit of it , there's somthing for everyone I only tried the steak house for a main meal which was lovely I didn't feel the need to try any of the others cas the buffet is WOW
I did try Krystal for lunch which is worth trying just for the setting the food was lovely .
Entertaintement is ok lots of dancing , best show was the Michael Jackson show .
this hotel certainly doesn't deserve all the bad reviews I will def be returning again

Room Tip: A dollar tip goes a long way
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ernie163
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Just returned from two week holiday and cannot believe people have moaned about this hotel think some people just need to moan and give negative comments all the time. Could not fault hotel so clean and as previously said rooms are often cleaned twice a day and beds turned down every night. Went with friend and her birthday when there and the bedroom was decorated lovely for her. Food excellent deserts amazing. Waiters come round pool and on beach serving drinks which is great. Small quiet pool lovely and warm. You don't have to get up early to put towels out so many sun beds and even if you go on beach later in the afternoon or return to pool easily get sun bed. Beach is lovely and you can go for really long walks on beach and feel safe. All the staff were so helpful and friendly and we have to mention the animation team excellenty

Room Tip: It in room much only to shower and sleep. We had ground floor 2030 overlooking grass area and Caribbean street which was fine for us.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, I cannot believe some of the recent bad comments. Riu hotels are pretty similar in design this one is no exception. The staff are really helpful and friendly and will accommodate your needs, drinks on the beach or if there's any issues they will resolve them. Just remember to take plenty of tip money not that they expect it but they give excellent service and most of the time deserve it. The rooms aren't basic and have everything you need including iron and ironing board just in case (not that I used it) the beds are large and comfortable, the bathroom was large with his and hers wash basins and a big walk in shower. The maids were excellent and cleaned the room twice a day if needed.
The hotel was nice inside very clean.
The entertainment wasn't really to my taste as it was mainly dancing and the room were the they held there evening entertainment was really cold.
The food was excellent... again not sure where other bad comments came from. There was enough variety of food for the two weeks that we stayed there and the desserts where amazing. The 3 pools were ok not much natural shape to them and the were a little warm so we mainly used the beach and the sea which was amazing. There was never any problems getting sun beds by the pool or beach. Would recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple