Reviews (1 318)
1 318 results
All reviews green pool don pablo johnny bravo blue section privilege club construction site a la carte restaurants room facing the pool lobby bar brazilian restaurant towel game sushi bar garden grill el olivio chateaubriand closer to the beach air transat
64 - 69 of 1 318 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We just came back from our anniversary/vacation/Honeymoon #... and it was a visit to paradise. I was a little scare because of some reviews, but forget it. The people who said bad things about this place, I think they went to other hotel, not Luxury Bahia Principe Amber Green. THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING!!!! As soon as we arrive we have a very warm welcome at the lobby. Towels to clean our hands and right after an amazing drink, that I still thinking about this flavor (frozen coconut mint) I was drinking this almost twice a day during my stay. Employees are super friendly, always with a smile, and always ready to help. My husband and I still talking about the bartenders at the lobby(Caito, Ruben and all of them) we ended every night sitting at the bar taking a therapeutic laughter. Thank you to Enrique at Las Olas always ready to helping us with our request. All of you guys are ROCK! We fall in love with this place and we will be back next year for sure!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tourist422790
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Aquamarine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate all your comments, which have been taken in the highest consideration. It is a pleasure to know that during your first visit to Punta Cana your trip went very well.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

We invite you to contact us for any additional assistance info.ambargreen@bahia-principe.com

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

What can I say. This place is beautiful with outstanding attention to ensure the customer has a fantastic holiday. All staff are pleasant. They are what makes this resort exceptional. Bahia should congratulate their staff front and back, cooks, gardeners, cleaners, maintenance, Jorj who drives one of the buggy carts around the resort , Rosy the pool side waitress, all entertainment staff at Amber Green and lastly the management Geoffrey and team. Everyone made our holiday fantastic.

Beautiful room, very clean and the butler service and turndown service was super. Restaurants offered beautiful good-looking something for everyone. It was great to see staff enjoying their work and to see management out with the customers ensuring the holiday was 5 star.

Maria and Kaz

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maria A

Dear Maria,

We are very glad to know that we have achieved our goal with you. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed a great experience with us. We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you once again at Luxury Bahía Príncipe Fantasia.

King regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is my third time in a row coming back to this resort and it exceeds my expectations more and more every year!

2 years in a row I stayed at the Blue, but it is under renovations at the moment so I stayed at the Green. Let me start off by saying both are beautiful, but the Green pool is MUCH better in terms of entertainment & the ability to always find chairs by the pool.

The entertainment staff (shoutout to Willy & Jordan) were amazing - always smiling and making for a great day full of games. The bartenders both at the pool and lobby were amazing - always shows going on in the lobby every night.

The food is 1 of the many things that keep me coming back. The buffet is different every night and the food is amazing. I only ever do one or two a la cartes because of how amazing it is.

Yes there is construction, but it does not bother you in any way!

Really I can't say enough great things about the resort. The people who say negative things are insane, and are clearly the type of people who only complain to try and get stuff for free.

Will be back next year and can't wait!

-Brittany

Room Tip: Pool facing if possible - but they are all beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Brittany M
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Aquamarine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Brittany,

We are very pleased to know that you experience a great trip during your last vacations. Your suggestions will be appreciate for all readers.

It is wonderful to know that you are considering coming back to our Resort. Please be assured that it will be a pleasure to welcome you once again.

For a future assistance please contact info.ambargreen@bahia-principe.com

Always at your disposal,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

After doing thorough research and going through countless reviews on different websites, my wife and I decided that the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue would be the place to have our wedding.

Throughout our 7 day stay, (May 6-13, 2018), we were shocked and very disappointed for the most part and this was due to many reasons.

First, when our group of 50 first arrived at the airport, there was much confusion about getting everyone to the right bus in order to take us to the right resort.  We did have 4 families who came with their children (ages 3mths – 15 years old) and they were to be taken on the bus that went to the family resorts (Bavaro and Terquesa) but they were put on the bus that went to Ambar Blue and Green (the adult only resorts).  It started raining really hard (obviously the weather can’t be controlled) but everyone had to come out of the wrong bus, take out their luggage from the wrong bus in order to get to the right bus while we were all drenched.

Only 2 people out of our group of 50 were staying at the Ambar Green and that is where the bus went first and this is where the disorganization of the staff really started to show itself.  When we arrived at Ambar Green, they couldn’t figure out a way to get the rest of the group to get to the Ambar Blue.  We were being bounced from one luggage cart to another and even the staff members carrying our luggage didn’t know what they were supposed to do.  It took an hour for our group to get from the Ambar Green to the Ambar Blue, and these two resorts are literally within walking distance from each other.

When we arrived at the Ambar Blue, distribution of our rooms was completely unprofessional and disorganized and it took me and my now wife another hour before we actually got into our rooms.  It was the same for almost everyone else as well.

My wife and I got the worst room as we were expecting something special as we were the ones getting married.  Some of our guests who came solo got rooms with two beds and a separate living room where as we and other couples got a regular room.

The wifi and the room cards are next on this list of terrible things we experienced on this trip.  The day we arrived, after we got our key cards and wifi passwords, my wife and I went to our room and our cards didn’t work.  We weren’t the only ones either because when I walked to the front desk, I saw some of our guests there trying to get new room cards.  I stayed with one of our guests for almost 20 minutes at the front desk trying to help her with the wifi because the staff was absolutely useless.  I gave up because I was tired and it was almost 1 am at that point.  They were all very unapproachable almost to the point where they were fed up and didn’t want to help us anymore.

The amount of time it took to get a new room card was unacceptable and I feel the resort lacks an efficient method to provide this to their guests.  Me my wife and our guests had a terrible time with our key cards.  Almost every single guest had to get a replacement card and I personally had to get about 10 to 15 replacement cards, sometimes twice or three times in one day.  My wife and I were locked out of our room on our wedding day as well and I was so fed up, I had left our balcony door open a crack because I knew I didn’t want to deal with the staff to get a new card and so I just kept on jumping over the balcony and opening the screen door.

Another issue, which might actually be the worst part of the trip, was the treatment of our guests at the disco after the reception was done.  The wedding party took off their wristbands for the sake of taking photos so when our bridal party went to the disco, along with other guests, they were vehemently denied entry because they didn’t have the wristbands.  They were wearing their wedding attire and the bouncer and staff at the disco were adamant that they couldn’t get inside even when they were shown pictures of the ceremony on the beach from earlier in the day. This was absolutely unacceptable.  And this wristband fiasco continues.  The next day, it took me and one of my groomsmen almost 20 minutes each to get new wristbands at the front desk.  Again, the logistics of this resort are horrendous that it takes this long to get a new wristband.

For the most part, the ceremony and reception went smoothly but there were still some major hiccups.  We had advised our wedding planner that three of the members of our wedding party were allergic to seafood and yet they ended up getting the shrimp skewer plate which was the main course.  This was a huge gaffe and clearly displays the lack of communication between the resort and the wedding planner.

In regards to the reception, we had a major issue with the personalized shot glasses that we were to give out to everyone who came to our wedding.  Our entire wedding party didn’t get their shot glasses.  We had taken celebratory shots and put the shot glasses to the side and at the end of the night, they were nowhere to be found and we were under the impression that the staff and the wedding planner would be responsible for keeping an eye out for them.  Our wedding planner had taken all of the shot glasses when we met her prior to the wedding day so we thought there would be more care in making sure that they didn’t disappear.  The next day, she came back with three shot glasses that she found but 7 were missing.

The difference in service between our resort the Ambar Blue and the Ambar Green was like night and day.  Our guests who stayed in Ambar Green were ranting and raving about the service there and quite a few of us, my wife and I included, went to check it out and it was just as advertised.  The staff were very friendly at the buffet and at the pools.  It was the complete opposite at the Ambar Blue.

Our room was almost never cleaned and our mini fridge was rarely filled.  Let’s not forget that we were the ones getting married so we weren’t even getting the kind of service you’d expect for a normal destination vacation.  We felt extremely neglected because we thought, as the bride and groom, they would take an above and beyond approach to making us feel like it was our special week with our closest family and friends.

If you’re planning to have a destination wedding, I would definitely not recommend this resort.  It might have something to do with the sheer size of the resort but the logistics was highly inefficient and a smaller, more intimate resort would be a much better option.  The staff were the worst we’ve experienced at any all-inclusive we’ve been, especially at the front desk.

Note:  As a part of our wedding package (the Emerald), we were supposed to receive a special gift voucher from the Bahia Principe for 3 free nights.  We didn’t get this voucher.  Also in the package was special in-room decorations and amenities for us but that didn’t happen once.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Rina F

Dear Reina,

Our main goal strives in achieving our guests' complete satisfaction, now that they are the axis that governs all of our activity and it is towards them that we head our constant effort every day. We are really sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our services in your wedding and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We really hope to cater you once again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts and be able to change any negative perception you may have about us.

Bahia Principr Bavaro Resort

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Oh my god! Let me just start off by saying our trip was an INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE. I would recommend this resort to everyone. The workers are so nice and helpful. They make sure you’re taken care of, they check up on you, provide you with things you need plus more, the rooms are always clean, drinks are always rolling, and food is always bomb! I absolutely loved my stay here and I’m more than likely gonna do it again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chinkyy32ch

Dear Chinky,

It is a pleasure to read that you were glad and delighted on choosing our Bahia Principe Punta Cana for your vacations. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience, and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed an amazing time with us.

We would like to cater you once again at Dominican Republic and continue providing you very good vacations!

For a future assistance please contact info.ambargreen@bahia-principe.com