Reviews (3 502)
3 502 results
2 524
2 524
All reviews preferred pool preferred club bluewater grill lil wayne julia roberts breathless resort entertainment team the blue water grill private pool preferred room french restaurant adult pool preferred area e team swim up room beautiful resort scooby doo
540 - 545 of 3 502 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The Now Onyx Punta Cana Resort & Spa has its own specific vibe. Set on a sandy remote palm filled beach. Suitable for couples, honeymoons, friends and families alike. The location is gorgeous! The five pools are clean and refreshing. The food is farm fresh and non stop from breakfast to dinner. The resort has a nice nightlife atmosphere with a club called Breathless. Easy access with plenty flowing drinks. You’ll find it hard to stand in place with all of the dancing and music surrounding you!

The employees were extremely helpful. If you go... go all out and upgrade to the Preferred Club Service. You’ll thank me later. The Preferred Club comes with exclusive pool access (adults only) with concierge and bar service. Ask for Angel. This guy was amazing. Angel answered ever question I had, translated for me, made dinner arrangements for our large (34 people) group. Checked in on me at all times, made his self available to me around the clock. Remember to tip well, and often!

I’m already thinking about my next trip back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Bil S
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Bil S,

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely review. It is good to know that you liked our facilities, the exclusive services and amenities offered at our Preferred Club, and the friendly service from our Team, especially Angel. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was our first time traveling to Punta Cana. My family and I stayed at Now Onyx from 6/19/18-6/26/18. We had a wonderful time at this resort, they made us feel very special. We were greeted immediately when we arrived; and asked if we were preferred members, we said yes and they took us to the preferred lounge where we meet Alex who checked us in; he was very nice and offered us refreshments since our room was not ready. We were then introduced to our butler Mr. “G” who gave us a tour of the resort. The staff were exceptionally friendly always saying “Hola” and asking us if there was anything that could make our stay better. They made our stay wonderful. The resort is immaculately clean. Thank you very must to our housekeeper Lizbeth for doing an amazing job cleaning our room.

We stayed on the 3rd floor room 5371 preferred club. We had a wonderful view of the pool and the ocean. The Wi-Fi service worked about 50% of the time. We got better signal while relaxing in the Preferred Member lounge.

I must say, I did not see much of a difference between the preferred club and the standard membership. No one wears bracelets so I do not understand how the staff could differentiate between the members. The preferred members have the same menu and cocktails as any other guest.

The first time we went to Faire a preferred club restaurant, they asked us our room number, we could not remember it and they said “ok, no problem go ahead”. There should be a better way to check because if anyone can be let in, then that is not fair to those who paid extra for the service.

We ate dinner at all the restaurants and the food was excellent. There was an incident at the Bluewater Grill Steak House when a very large party (about 20 people) walked in and started moving tables around and popping balloons. This group of people were very loud and disruptive to the other guest. My family including some other guest decided to leave before finishing our meals because we notice that the staff would not or could not intervene to ask that party to be quiet.

Overall, thank you very much for a wonderful vacation at your amazing resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Peter M,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. Regarding the Wi-Fi, we are working to improve the signal in areas such as the beach and main pool; hopefully, this will not be an issue next time you visit us. Bigger suites located closer to the beach, private pool and beach area, dedicated Concierge service and Vip Hosts are some of the privileges of the upgrade. We regret any misinformation on our behalf. Please allow to comment that Preferred guests are required to provide their room numbers and show their room keys (those are different than regular rooms) on the beach, pool, restaurant and in the club house, to guarantee they are actually Preferred guests. However, if a Host or a Concierge remembers the guest from check-in, they are not requested to show the card. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I booked the square deal through Apple vacations so we had no idea where we were staying until 5 pm the night before we left. We travel a lot and stay at all-inclusive resorts, but we had never heard of the Now Resorts. So we were a little worried when we found out this is where we were staying. We were honestly totally surprised by how nice this resort was. We will definitely go back and add this hotel group to our list of places to stay.
The resort was clean, food was good, drinks were good, pools were nice and the staff was wonderful. They offer an opportunity to upgrade to the Preferred section that has its own pool, bar and restaurant which we did not do. I did not feel that we missed out on anything at all. It was just the two if us so we really would not have taken advantage of the extras. If we had a large group, that might be something to consider.
We took some excursions and they were great, felt totally safe.

Room tip: Macao beach is a public beach that is close and amazing. Worth the trip.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear SherriSTL,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. We love to know you had an 'Excelente' time, and that you enjoyed our food offer and cleanness. Please be sure we will recognize all those you have mentioned on your behalf. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Everything about this resort was wonderful. Beautiful rooms, beautiful amenities, and an incredibly friendly staff that couldn't do enough to make my trip special. We were in the preferred club which granted us access to a different pool with lovely pool islands with beds on them and a swim up bar. Gabriel or Mr G as I called him was fantastic! Mr G made sure our vacation was perfect from beginning to end. He did special things for us each and every single day and night including surprise deliveries of chocolates (which was our favorite), special reservations for dinner, and a birthday banner across the door for me. His customer service was the best I have ever seen!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Michael R,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. It is good to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our rooms and our friendly service. Mr G will be happy to get your kind comments. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Housekeeping/hotel staff stole my diamond ring out of my purse. I took my ring off to go ziplining and put it at the bottom of my purse and made sure it was covered where you couldn’t see it. When we came back to the room someone had gone through my purse and the ring was gone. No one had access to my room other than the hotel staff. I made a report and was told they would investigate and I would receive a response within 24-48 hours. I am now going on 4 days and all I got is an email saying that it was reported to their insurance company. I left my trip early because I did not feel safe. They never offered to reimburse me for the flight cost to leave early or anything. On top of this, the staff was not friendly at all and the food was not good. I have traveled all over the world and I have never had such a poor experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank sabrina20062018
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear sabrina20062018,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. We would like to comment that the safety of our guests is our priority; and we take every possible precaution to guarantee a safe environment. Our Security Team indeed searched for your lost and made the corresponding investigation, not finding it, unfortunately. It is important to us to highlight that neither could we find evidence that could relate our staff to your report. Our staff not only did not access to your room during the time reported, they are also supervised at the accesses to the hotel, and not authorized items are easily detected. We also would like to remark that it is procedure of the local authorities that the person willing to make a claim must go to the local station, and this procedure is beyond our reaching. We understand how you feel; and we regret your perception after we did everything we could to assist you. Although our published policy states that we do not hold responsibility for items left outside the safety box, which is a complimentary service, we have sent your report to our insurance company for consideration. We are sorry you have not got a fast response; we will contact you directly once again, and review the status of the claim for you.

aholgado@breathlessresorts.com