Reviews (7 804)
5 472
1 340
5 472
1 340
All reviewsroyal gourmetking kongswim up roomle chanterelleroyal suites guestspalladium complexroyal lobbyroom servicebutler servicecheese fonduelas torresel bohionew sectiontravel clubromance suitelobstersports bar
245 - 250 of 7 804 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband and I visited with my best friend and her husband for my best friends birthday. I cannot say enough good things about this place. We stayed in a swim up suite and it was amazing. When we arrived, check in was quick and easy, they immediately took us for dinner since our flight arrived late and there was only one restaurant still open (Caprico - the steak was perfect). The staff was very pleasant and always willing to help. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. We must have chosen a really good week to visit, because it was peaceful and quiet, not a lot of people and little to no noise. Our butler Jose Manuel Perez (or JP as he preferred to be called) was amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure my friend had the best birthday ever, cake, champagne, balloons, the works, she couldn't stop talking about his attention to detail. We took an all day tour to Santo Domingo, when we returned to our room, there were rose petals all over the room, a hot bubble bath awaited us with drinks on ice (although we don't drink). Simply amazing.

As a guest at the TRS we had full access to the Spa, it was amazing, with hot, cold and warm water jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and ice room, you could stay a long as you wanted. Another notable mention was our Bell Hop Andy, he drove us around the resort quite often and was a wonderful and fun addition to our trip.

There were only a couple of not so good experiences; the mattress was not comfortable - too firm and we had a bad experience at the Mexican Restaurant, I found a piece of glass in my food. Luckily I didn't swallow it - the manager was very responsive, he was very apologetic and immediately went to the kitchen to dump the dish and ensure no one else would find glass in their food which was my main concern.

Overall this was a wonderful trip and I will definitely return for another vacation in the future.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms in building 5600 closer to the TRS lobby were pretty quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tee07241963
Gelson Z, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Tee07241963,

Thank you very much for sharing such a lovely review of our TRS Turquesa Hotel, it pleased us greatly that it has been a memorable one. We'll keep doing our best efforts in order to get your full satisfaction.

On behalf of the entire food and beverage team, I apologize for the situation experienced in our a la carte restaurant called "La Adelita". Consequently, our quality department has intervened in the kitchen to ensure that this atypical situation is not repeated, thank you for helping us improve.

I am also excited that you found the staff to be accommodating and helpful and that you felt this made of your stay a really pleasant experience. I have passed your kind words to the whole team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again very soon.

Best regards,

Gelson
Hospitality Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My family just returned from our trip to Punta Cana where we stayed at the TRS Turquesa at the Palladium Resort Complex. We traveled as a group of nine, arriving different days. We were set up pretty close to each other with three rooms on the 3rd floor and two rooms on the 1st floor of building 51. We had several butlers help us during the week, and they provided awesome service, always willing to help. Thank you Laura, Jose Antonio, Javier and Andreina.
The food was really good, especially at La Paisana and La Boheme. We had two awesome servers at La Paisana as we were there twice, Nestor and Raymundo. The 2nd time we were late for our reservation due to our excursion running too long, but a phone call from the front desk at TRS helped us save it for a half hour later. We ate breakfast at Helios daily and had lunch by the pool at the BBQ. Dolores, Ramonalita and Lionel took awesome care of us at the pool with drinks flowing constantly. Dolores would greet us every day by name and knew exactly what we liked. She was the best pool server we have had and we travel alot.
Our little golf cart driver Santos got us to dinner the night we were running late in record time, you can tell these guys like what they do.
We really had no issues with communication, we usually got our wants and needs across without any language problems. The only problem really with our room was there were no dressers. We like to put clothes away and hang the rest, but the only place to put them was on a couple of shelves in the closet.
The beach was not good this week. Nothing the resort could control, but it wasn't the beautiful blue you see in all the pictures. You had to walk thru tons of seaweed to get to the water and there was more in the water. Not how I remember Bavaro Beach several years ago. Toward the end of the week they were piling it up so you could have a clear path to the water. All in all, it was a good trip, lots of fun with family and friends. We met alot of others from all over the US, even close to home. Until next time, thank you TRS!!!

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Kelly J
Sachenca N, Guest Relations Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Kelly J,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting TRS Turquesa Hotel as your vacation destination to spend your holiday’s experience. We realize our guests are busy and knowing that they took the time to voice their opinion and give us such high accolades validates every effort we make to go the extra mile.

Reading your review was of great encouragement to us, reminding us why we do what we do.

We invite you to join us again. You can count on us to pour our hearts out and try our best to make your experience one worth bragging about.

Until next time,

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I’ll start by mentioning a few positives. The food is very good - pretty much everywhere. Our room (Cabana swim up suite) was very nice, roomy and sufficiently air conditioned. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained. The tappanaki restaurant is a lot of fun. Those are the positives.

I’ll start the negatives by saying that it’s irritating to have to flag down shuttles to go anywhere on a resort property - but we knew the layout when we booked. The biggest problem is that you call for a lift and they say “No problem, couple minutes” then no one ever shows up. A theme throughout our week there.

The check in process is unremarkable. This is the first time we’ve been to a resort and were not welcomed with a glass of champagne. Butler service is never as promised at these places and this is no different. They show you to your room - make dinner reservations and they’re gone. We called and asked him for a few things. He might have made one of those things actually happen (minibar restock). The rest never happened.

Helios is nice and the food is good but the hostesses are the worst. Specifically Glennis. Her attitude was terrible. She even told me which chair I had to sit in at our table (what?). I told her - that was ridiculous and I sat in the chair I preferred. She then gave me dirty looks for the rest of our lunch. I also left my sunglasses on the table and went back for them 2 minutes later - the table had been cleared so I asked the hostess for help and she just smirked and went on with what she was doing. And this was the attitude we encountered through much of our stay. They love to lie and say “Yes, no problem” - then never do what they said they were going to do. And, they love to tell you No. One night we asked the desk clerk in the lobby bar if we could have a bottle of champagne for the room. A 15 minute deliberation between he and another worker ensued - then they finally told us No. We went back to the room and ordered two bottles from room service. They delivered them. So why were we told no in the lobby? We were also told that we would be charged for them. Why? Champagne is free/included at all bars and restaurants.. The wine in your room is another thing you will be charged for - Why? It’s free/included at all bars and restaurants..

The restaurants are very cool but if you’re looking for romance forget it - Unless you are at one of the two TRS restaurants - you will undoubtedly be sat next to kids playing loud games on their iPads.

Shows - we spent a week there and never saw one (and not for the lack of trying - we love shows). There didn’t seem to be any shows at all. The only entertainment we saw were many tiny DJ stations where there would be a DJ with a laptop and a small speaker playing mostly easy listening. I’m still trying to get “From this moment” by Shania Twain out of my head. Sometimes the DJ sings along. Weird.

Beach - totally polluted with seaweed. A problem that they could remedy with a seaweed barrier (like most resorts have). This is a bigger problem than just the fact that you get zero beach time on your trip to the beach. It means that the pools (and other facilities) will be way overcrowded. Also - there are no pools that face the ocean so when the beach unusable - you may as well be inland.

Spa - just forget about the spa. They attack you the minute you get nearby. They won’t let you look around or use the free stuff. A guy yelled at us for not letting him “help” us. We quickly left and never returned.

Mosquitos - they will eat you alive. Most resorts have trucks spraying along the perimeter. We never saw one and many people have commented on their mosquito problem.

Hemingway’s - Their website would have you believe that this is a very cool Cubana style place that serves high tea in the afternoon and has a cool vibe at night - No. It’s just a room with a bar. No high tea was served while we were there.

The blended ice drinks - they pour little to no alcohol in them. I watched the bartender at the main bar mix 4 daiquiris at once and he put roughly half an ounce of rum in the whole batch - for 4 drinks. This confirmed my experiment from the day before. I drank two daiquiris pool side and felt nothing - then I had a beer from the minibar and I could feel it. We remedied this problem by ordering daiquiris this way: “We’d like two Pina Colada’s WITH RUM.”

Check out - at every resort I’ve been to, they assist with check out by showing up and taking your bags for you then making sure you get to your shuttle on time. TRS helped with nothing. So, we lugged our bags through the heat to the lobby where our shuttle was waiting. We sat down to check out and they said “We have to check your room so it will be a while. Go have breakfast.” We said - we’ve already eaten breakfast and our ride is here - we need to leave. They didn’t care. They were working the walkie-talkies hard to try to get someone to check our room but finally gave up and let us go. Not exactly an invitation to return.

In summation - an all inclusive resort is the fulfillment of a promise. You’ve already committed yourself and paid - now it’s time for them to fulfill what their marketing promises. Your hope is that it’s something like what you’ve been promised. And your fear is that you will end up feeling like you’ve been taken advantage of. Now, they all suffer from a bit of dishonest marketing - but this place really gives you that “It was all a lie” feeling. At TRS - there are pools. There are drinks. There are restaurants. That’s about it. You could do much better or have the same for much less, trust me. I’ve been to 3 adults only resorts in Punta Cana and this was the worst one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Dionisio D, Asist. Adj. Dir. Adj. Habitaciones at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear niagaramom,

We really appreciate that you have taken your time to share your experience and the opinion of our facilities with other travelers. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food variety, in special the Japanese restaurant and Helios. Furthermore, we are glad to hear you appreciated our beautiful grounds and Suites.

On the other hand, we regret you did not enjoy your vacation due to some inconveniences with the transportation and the reception. Personally, I have held a meeting with the heads of both departments to avoid these circumstances in the future. Furthermore, our Food and Beverage Manager has read your comment and his team is working hard to improve the points you have mentioned.

Regarding our beach, I should point out that it depends on the season. This time we had more seaweeds than years before but we have a special planning and we are working hard to remove them in the first hour. Thanks to that, the vacation of our guests will not be affected. Fortunately, this is a natural effect and we are looking for better control options every day.

In addition, we apologize because this is not our TRS standard. We should point out that we are offering daily customer care courses to all the staff to offer our guests a high-quality service. We hope you can visit us again to live a real TRS experience.

Dionisio De la Rosa
Asist. Adj. Dir. Adj. Habitaciones
TRS Turquesa Hotels

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed a week at this hotel part of the Palladium chain at Punta Cana. Looking forward to celebrating our anniversary and a much needed vacation, we were so excited until we endured a less than " welcoming" check in process that took a couple of hours. It seemed that the receptionist at the TRS couldn't find our reservation then tells us that we had to take the trolley to another section of the complex to where we would be "checked in" by the Traveled club.
Hot, tired we were hauled back to the other complex where we were approached and welcomed by yet another representative whose obvious interest was to pitch a sell for Palladium time shares. An hour later we were taken back to the TRS lobby only to be told to go have something to eat because our room was not ready.
Finally we were taken to our room,
on the 3rd floor walk up. I was horrified. It was spacious but the mattress was sunken in, the wood
around the bed had pieces of it taken off, the shades were broken, the sofa had old stains, foul odor and cigarette burns. The chairs as well. I immediately called management and complained. We threatened to leave but it took a kind and sympathetic butler who went above and beyond to find us a new room and moved us. Joel Perez made sure we had what we needed. The restaurants service was good. Anito at Helios was wonderful as was Yorlynis at Kusko. Dolores at the pool made sure she kept us well hydrated. As a seasoned traveler can I recommend this hotel? No. It lacks that wow factor. The structure needs repair but the service received from the dedicated staff would make me say yes. Extremely hard workers, good people.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank neldy m
Sachenca N, Guest Relations Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Neldy M,

Thank you very much for sharing your review regarding our TRS Turquesa Hotel.

We carefully reviewed all your observations and we would like to express our most sincere apologies by the accommodation inconveniences you have experienced during your most recent visit. Our purpose is not just to fulfill all our guests’ dreams but to surpass your expectations.

We regret very much that we could not far exceed your expectations with our accommodations; this is not definitely the image that we want to project. Please receive our most sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have endured. I can assure you that we continuously work to guarantee the best service to all our dear guests. In fact, our TRS Turquesa Hotel is in a very important phase of a new concept in services and facilities with improvements, changes and innovations, this process is with a view to the improvement of our total product and that we can stay in the forefront to keep in tune with the times.

We are also excited that you found the staff to be accommodating and helpful and that you felt this made of your stay a pleasant experience.

We hope you can visit us again in order to see how we improve and revert the bad impression of your last stay.

Our best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Our first impression upon arriving at our room 5831 was one of shock, disbelief and dismay. This was clearly one of the older sections of the resort and is in great need of renovation, upgrade and better maintenance. The room was large by most resort standard but that is were the positives end.

The sofa was dilapidated with huge stains, cigarette burns and terrible odor. The same can be said of the two side chairs. This furniture should have retired over a decade ago.
Now keep in mind that TRS Turquesa is the crown jewel of the Palladium hotel group
and is one of four hotels in the immediate complex.

After intense confrontation and negotiations with Management complete with threat of leaving, we were finally moved to room 5216 which is more modern and on the first level facing the beach and next to the main pool. The first room was in the rear of the resort far from everything. How can management justify selling such damaged properties in the first place. Thankfully, the rest of our stay was pleasant thanks to the excellent service of the pool, bar and restaurant staff.

We booked through Interval International because we are time share owners with the Hyatt Vacation Club. We will be complaining to them has well. They should have known the terrible conditions that existed there. Needless to say we don’t recommend this resort since you will not know what to expect.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer section
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank abogado2015

Dear Abogado2015,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our TRS Turquesa Hotel for your vacation, as well as by letting us know about your recent experience. The opinions of our guests are of the greatest assistance to us since we consider them as opportunities to keep on improving our services and facilities.

We are so disturbed to learn about your dissatisfaction with some of our services. Please allow me to extend our most sincere apologies since apparently, we were not capable of reaching all your expectations.

We would like to take this opportunity to emphasize because our Hotel is aware of the importance of investing in keeping the place up to date, for this reason our TRS Turquesa Hotel is in a very important phase of a new concept in services and facilities with improvements, changes and innovations, this process is with a view to the improvement of our total product and that we can stay in the forefront to keep in tune with the times.

Your comments always are taken into account, we hope you can visit us again in order to live a real Turquesa experience.

Kind regards,