“Fun times”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$160,00*
and up
Cayo Arena Catamaran Cruise from Puerto Plata...
Ranked #5 of 51 Tours in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Over 22 years providing amazing cultural and outdoor excursions in the Dominican Republic. We create experiences with the best of alternative tourism. Helping tourists become travelers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

"an amazing guide"
"an adventure"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Our guide Carlos and his driver were WONDERFUL!! Very friendly, informative, personable, and professional. My wife and I visited Puerto Plata on our honeymoon, and booked both the Puerto Plata City Tour & Damajagua Cascades packages. The Runners Adventures folks picked us up exactly when scheduled and were very good at making us feel comfortable and informed.

There were a variety of cultures and languages represented in the group my wife and I rode with (english, french, german, spanish), which might have hampered communications a great deal, but our guide Carlos was fluent in all four languages, and did a great job of including everyone and switching from one language to another. He was the perfect combination of fun, informative, friendly, and professional - without being overbearing, intrusive, or in-your-face/unwelcome. He put everyone at ease, and was a wealth of knowledge regarding local history, customs, safety, and what to expect at each of the places we visited. GREAT JOB CARLOS!!

The meals provided were great, and the tours/ventures were wonderful. We had a great time, and would definitely recommend Runners Tours to anyone visiting Puerto Plata!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had a great day with Carlos visiting Puerta Plata in May. A fun time exploring the region. We learned ALOT and in a really fun way. Carlos and our driver were super!

1  Thank lsc5254
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I would recommend Runners Adventures to anyone visiting Puerto Plata.

At first, I was quite skeptical of this tour as we would be traveling by in a large four by four bus and the appearance of the tour seemed cheesy and over packaged for tourists.

However, there was nothing cheesy and over packaged about this tour.
I loved being able to get away from the resort. We visited a school, went horseback riding, and visited the country side (where we met a man rolling cigars and/or visited a country side house). Our tour guide was Carlos and he was great. He was very outgoing, helpful, and knowledgeable. My aunt and I had so much fun and this tour made our vacation better. Thank you Runners Adventures, also thank you to Carlos and our driver Maury.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2018

My cousin and I went back and forth about taking this tour and we were so happy we did because it far exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide Dan Marino was the best ever. He sang Happy Birthday to my cousin and I was pleasantly surprised to hear him speaking in English, French, Spanish and Dutch. Our driver Demetrio was safe and attentive to the roads as well. The tour itself was a strenuous hike at first, but the waterfall and the swimming caves made it for it. Dan actually walked the tour with us. The authentic Dominican lunch was tasty and the rum Dan served made everything better. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves nature and is a bit of a dare devil because the 25 ft cliff jump is exhilarating(pack water shoes and sunscreen)....Worth the money and time totally!!!