Reviews (6 065)
2 726
2 110
2 726
2 110
All reviews ocean grill octopus quiet pool catalina building vintage club beata building royal package a la carte restaurants carlos santana main pool swim up bar ocean world dominican republic paradise island sea urchins entertainment team buffet restaurant
124 - 129 of 6 065 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a week at this resort and the highlight was the excellent service from Yohaira in the dinning room. 5 Stars for this star!

As for the hotel itself we were a very disappointed. After booking a king room, we were moved twice due to no AC in our room. After the third room (10:45 PM) we were so exhausted from traveling we had to settle for a pool front room (very noisy) with twin beds. I can’t understand why the front desk would give us the key to a room with no AC. Not once but twice!
WiFi is a waste of money. Your better off using the free WiFi in the lobby.

2  Thank Compass316990
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Since it is the same review, please read below.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of meeting Yohaira Reyes Estevez as our waitress. She was absolutely wonderful. Yohaira brought me drink refills without me having to ask her. She was attentive to my needs too. Yohaira always had a beautiful smile as she took care of me. I gave her 100% on guest satisfaction. Yohaira gets 5 plus stars.

On the other hand, the guest service did not do as well. They changed our room 2 times because of no AC. Unfortunately the rooms were not inspected prior to assigning them which is what I do not understand. Shame on them! Hotel gets 2 stars.

2  Thank EstherSalazar1957

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay and for your kind words about Yohaira's service. We will certainly pass your compliments onto her. Please note that our rooms have an AC ignition system that is activated when the entry key is placed in a device right behind the main door.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was part of a mission trip this week and even though most of our day was spent outside of the resort, they did a wonderful job accomadating our team with boxes to pack a lunch and providing a relaxed stay in the morning before we left and a funa and activity filled evening when we returned. I wanted to give a special thanks to our amazing waitress throughout the week Yohaira Reyes Estevez who had become very well known to our team by the end of our due to her kindness and energy!! Our team has stayed in other resorts in the Puerto Plata area and this one has been by far the best!!

2  Thank Corey L
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Certainly, Yohaira will receive your compliments. Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you back to Gran Ventana very soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I had an amazing time at this hotel. I came down as a part of a medical mission trip, so my days at the resort were limited to mornings and night events. Every night, I would have the same waitress at the dining hall - her name was Yohaira. She was always happy, smiling, and rushed to greet us. On the first day she asked me what I wanted to drink (a lemonade) and every day after she would walk right over with one in hand, just for me. One day, my friends got to the table before I did, and when I got there she had recognized that my friends were there, remembered what kind of drink I liked, and had one waiting for me by the time I sat down. She is wonderful, and next time I come down to the DR, I will be sure to revisit this hotel due to her outstanding service and kindness.

I found that the people of the DR are much more friendly than the majority of the people I know. The staff reflects this hospitality. Everyone is happy to meet you, and always want to help. I found the food selection very extensive, and the beach and pool were both relaxing. This hotel is also unique because it has fun night activities every night, from learning traditional dances such as bachata and merengue to kareoke. I had a great time, and staff members such as Yohaira (waitress), Alexandro (dancer), Shorty (dancer), and Edwin (beach vendor) made the experience unforgetable. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Marie R

We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Gran Ventana and that you enjoyed our restaurants and beach as well as the resort. We will certainly pass your compliments onto the staff and very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Gran Ventana with a group of over 30 people. In general the Hotel was very accommodating, the staff was very friendly. We had Yohaira Reyes Estevez as our server every evening, she went above and beyond to ensure our experience was great at the dining room. I also went to Ocean Grill and the food was delicious! Salomón greeted us there each time with a smile and ready to assist us. At the front bar, Yesenia, Olson and José Fermín were ready to serve and i didn’t even need to ask for my order, they knew what I wanted and were eager to serve. I will be going back to Gran Ventana and will recommend it to others. It was a great week and in part it was thanks to the friendly staff from the hotel and their eagerness to provide excellent service! Gracias a todos!!
I am giving it a 4 stars rating because the beds were a little too firm for my taste, but other thatn that it was clean and perfect!