All reviews ocean front buddy dive the activities desk dive shop enjoyed my stay main restaurant oceanfront room restaurant staff caribbean sea beautiful island ferry terminal local cuisine rum punch visiting dominica dive sites scott's head titou gorge
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The staff are clearly well-trained and this made a difference in my experience. They are efficient, customer-oritented, polite and are quickly able to resolve issues. The Restaurant overall was quite good. The room was comfortable and clean.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

If you are staying in Roseau, there simply isn’t anywhere else to go than Fort Young. Views from the rooms and restaurant are stunning. The infinity pool is great, and the staff are incredibly friendly.

The biggest weakness, however, is the restaurant. The staff are very friendly and inviting, but service is incredibly slow. Dinner was always at least 2.5hours. Requests for salt, pepper, another beer, the check, etc. often resulted in a ten to fifteen minute wait AFTER the request was made. As an example, my tuna was fine, but was under seasoned. A request for salt and pepper resulted in cold fish, given the requisite ten minute wait. We often had to track down a waiter to get our check.

Btw, I suggest sticking with the fish of the day. Other entrees (conch fritters) are mediocre at best. Others are missed opportunities. The grilled chicken was excellent, but the Creole sauce (which was the reason I ordered the chicken) had broken, so it was simply oily and had almost no taste.

Finally, a suggestion for the restaurant staff: have salt and pepper at the tables! In my week there, I honestly believe I only ever saw three salt and pepper shakers, and they were usually clogged up. They were also cheap plastic, which doesn’t fit with the presented level of service. Management needs to buy decent containers. Small thing to management, but a major annoyance for the guests.

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I ordered fish for Dinner on Monday night...very tough, so I spoke to the waiter and Manager.
I expected that they would remove from my bill!!

This did not happen, so I said I wouldn't order the fish again.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

All my three night I had dinner at Fort Young restaurant.
The quality of the food is exceptional.
Every night tried something different.
1st night nice tasty grilled Mahi Mahi.
2nd night barbecue buffet All was nice and appetizing, not big choices but nice food.
3rd night was feeling for Pene bolognaise. Truly delicious.
One mark on low side, services extremely slow and I mean it. But the Supervisior always made up for it so at the end is a very good dining experience.
Recommended

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The Fort Young has withstood the storm. I was astonished to see how quickly and efficiently things have been handled, and still kept the beauty of the facilities. They are to be commended for the handling of the situation. God Bless!

Date of stay: June 2018