Natty Tropical Valley(Roseau)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hotels.com
US$132
Sutton Place(Roseau)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsocean frontbuddy divetour deskthe activities deskdive shopcruise shipan ocean view roomenjoyed my staymain restaurantcaribbean seascotts headrestaurant staffbeautiful islandvisit dominicaferry terminalrum punchdive sites
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Fort Young is a beautiful hotel. Recently renovated with modern touches to the public areas, including pool, bar, and restaurant. Stunning view of the ocean. Friendly staff. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The only reason I stayed at Fort Young was that I had tried other accommodations already, so it was their turn. Having eaten there many times, I was disappointed in my actual stay. Room 309 was nice King, with a great balcony and a huge bathroom, but half the hotel is under repair (still) following Hurricane Maria 8 months ago and they seem to have increased their rates since they are currently the only half-decent hotel in town.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

After the devastation, everyone involved with Fort Young should be congratulated on a great comeback.
Having visited before on business, we were aware that Maria had hit the hotel hard but much of the rebuilding has been completed or is ongoing and the results look great.
The rooms are as spacious as ever and the service across all hotel departments is generally excellent. Our favourite has to be Albert in the restaurant as he is such a genuinely nice gentleman and very attentive.
The food is really good and the buffets offer good value.
When completed, the Fort Young will be the resplendent jewel in the Roseau crown!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The best service in many hotel in the region and the best hotel in Dominica. Great food. Great ambience at the bar, nice pool area. Personnel makes you feel at home. With a smile and great attitude! Great experience!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I'm a tour leader who just spent three nights in Dominica staying at the Fort Young Hotel. I wanted to post our review since the Island could really use a boost to its hard-hit tourism industry.

The hotel has been able to open a bunch of their rooms but work is still underway to repair the damage done by the powerful Hurricane Maria. That means that you hear some hammering and saws here and there, sure. But you also hear the waves of the Caribbean ocean lapping the shores from your patio and you hear the laughter of the resilient and hard working staff, happy to be back at work after a devastating period for Dominicans.

We ate quite a few meals at the hotel as there weren't a lot of options around us. Believe me, we didn't suffer. Lunch and dinner buffets were nicely varied, the genial staff were quick to fulfill requests and live music in the restaurant here and there was a nice touch.

The pool is lovely allowing you to gaze out over the rolling sea. I can only speak for my room but my patio was lovely, everything was clean in my well-appointed room and I could almost do the backstroke in my bathtub.

The only issue we encountered was a gentleman's laundry that took an abnormally long time to get done but as soon as we spoke to the front desk, things were set straight. Everyone can have a bad day.

Don't fear the damage that was done to that beautiful island. Instead, embrace the opportunity to see the true power of nature at its fiercest and lend your support to the folks just trying to battle back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends