Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$158
Official HotelUS$196
TravelocityUS$158
PricelineUS$158
eDreamsUS$158
Orbitz.comUS$158
All reviews restaurant ginger within walking distance mid night beautiful colonial daily cleaning service cooking facilities loft room small pool night life main building restaurants and bars location is great ocean front beach towels capsules curacao island
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

I chose this place for the closeness to the main area of Willemstad. I was travelling solo so I had a basic room. It was clean safe and within walking distance to pretty much anywhere I wanted to go. Great restaurants and pubs close by. It did get a bit noisier on the weekends but that is the tradeoff for being near the action.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Helen M, General Manager at Pietermaai Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Hi Rob, thanks for this review! We are more than happy that you had a wonderful experience. Glad to see that even the neighbourhood matched your preferences. Hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

To decide whether this hotel is for you or not it is a must to read the reviews on this page, as some of the flaws might change your mind if you would have read it before the stay, and would prevent you from being dissapointed upon your arrival.

As mentioned in other reviews the lack of windows (and presence of multiple broken shutters) do create the problem of outside noise, early morning light and a lot of bugs. Not something the hotel can change as it appears. Perhaps putting full windows on the inside would be an option?
Even when using sprays mosquitos are a very relevant problem. The airconditioning is good, but needs to be blasted throughout the day as all the heat coming in from the uncovered shutters downstairs fills the appartment.

Kitchen is fine however some of the equipment is broken and housekeeping have no desire whatsoever to pay attention to the kitchens cleanliness.

On multiple occasions we experienced rude and uninterested behaviour from the housekeepers. Besides this some days they would come at 10:30 other days they would come at 2:30. However when one days i asked them at 12:00 if they could come back a little bit later so we could leave (30 minutes) they stated this was absolutely not possible and left.

Besides this the housekeeping was very inconsistent, offering full towel & sheet service one day (2 large 2 small 1 floortowel & 2 sheets with pillowcases) and other days this would be incomplete such as no new pillowcases, no small towels, etc.

My big frustration was that I had specifically requested the room to be made special for my arrival as it was an anniversary. I was informed it would be made up specially with flowers and folded towels however this never happened.

Front office staff was polite and the location is good.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrisHCAMW
Helen M, General Manager at Pietermaai Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Hi Chris,
Thank you for providing us with feedback and taking the time to review your stay. I would like to elaborate on some of your comments.
First of all, just like you mention, the lack of windows is indeed a common complaint which can cause noise. At the moment, we are checking to see whether we can indeed place windows inside the rooms, besides the shutters. Some of our apartments have that already, some do not, but it would definitely be a good solution.
Besides that, we have addressed the problem about the kitchen equipment and will look into all the inventories of the apartments.
Finally, we will immediately inform the housekeeping about this complaint. We are very sorry to hear that your experience with them was so negative.

We hope that you were still able to enjoy your time on the island and had a wonderful time.
We were happy to host you!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Me and my husband stayed for 11 days at this cute place. We were very surprised as soon as we arrived. We stayed at the roof top apartment with sea view. It is very cozy, cute decor and very clean (w/ AC). The bed was very comfy, good shower and kitchen with all utensils, coffee maker and fridge!!! We could take towers to take to beach everyday, I think there´s no better location to be. It’s a short walking distance to Punda, Queen Emma Bridge and Otrobanda.

The Pietermaai district is very upcoming and there are lots of nice cosy bars and restaurants in the neighbourhood.

We highly recommend the Pietermaai Boutique Hotel!. We would definetely go back!
Just LOVE IT !!

Room tip: Roof top is amazing!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tathianacorrea
Helen M, General Manager at Pietermaai Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi Tathiana,
What a beautiful review! We are so happy to see that you have enjoyed your accommodation and the neighbourhood.
We are proud to run a hotel in this lively neighbourhood!

Did you know? Returning guests will get a 10% discount! So please contact us when you will return. We will make sure your future stays will be just as pleasant as the previous one.

Thank you so much for your recommendation, Tathiana!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were excited to be staying there...OMG the pictures online are very beautiful and walking distance to Willemstad and right there where we were going to attend to a wedding celebration; what more did we want?
I requested weeks before arrival double beds so was hoping all would go smooth. Two weeks before getting to Curacao they already hit my CC for the full amount. Most places just hold 1 night but not them. Anyways, it is all about preference I guess. I would have liked to have paid cash. My sis and I got there and had to sleep the first night in 1 bed. No double beds request was granted. The second bedroom upstairs isn't doable because it is open like a loft and very hot and there is no airco. Steep stairs with no hand railing. Very beautiful coffee maker - not working. The TV had special instructions how to use? Anyways, we had to wait for Housekeeping to split the beds downstairs till late the next day. Large living/dining room with no airco. Bathroom large with no airco and not very clean. You cannot go quietly to the bathroom because the door sticks. This particular apartment has 3 water stains and this day it rained very hard for a few hours. My clothes in the build in closet got all wet. When we brought to their attention that certain "details" were not up to par at check-out, I had the feeling that it went one ear in and the other ear out swiftly. Let's put it this way; Housekeeping was lacking but also the service or empathy of a Dutch lady at the Front-desk.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and provide us with feedback!
How unfortunate that your stay was not what you had expected. I would like to elaborate on some of your comments to clarify.
First of all, all the payments of reservations are charged from your credit card 14 days prior to your arrival, this is clearly mentioned while you book as well. Besides that, it is not possible to pay in cash at our hotel. We only accept debit or credit cards.
Furthermore, did you mention the double bed situation straight away? Our staff and housekeeping would have fixed the problem at the moment. Not only housekeeping, but our front office staff could have split the beds as well.
The problem regarding the airconditiong in the apartment is something we are working on. All our apartments only have airconditioning in the bedrooms and if everything is closed it can cool down the whole apartment. For the apartment you were staying in, the problem is known. We are about to invest in extra airconditioning for each of those apartments to make sure both bedrooms have airconditioning.
I am sorry to read that you have felt unheared, but I hope I have calrified the issues now. I will address this to the team as well, to ensure nothing like this will happen in the future.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We spend a short holiday at the Pietermaai apartements and stayed in a large studio (t16). The good part is that it’s a very big, modern, nicely decorated and reasonable clean appartement. It is also located in a very charming and lively neighbourhood. The main Willemstad tourist attractions are in a walking distance and there are lots of restaurants/bars nearby. What was also Nice is that we could take a quick shower in one of the empty appartements after check out. We had about 10 hours between check out and our flight so we spend the day at the beach.

The downside is however that if you like to sleep beyond 5:30 am you should pick a different spot. As stated in earlier reviews there are indeed no curtains, so you wake up with bright sunshine on your face as the window is in the roof above you’re bed. And if the sun wont wake you up, the dogs or other noise definetly will. So we’ll need a couple of days to catch up on sleeping.

We had a broken safe in our studio so we hopped by reception a couple of times to see if we could fix it. The girl at reception wrote it down and told us someone would have a look but I guess that message never got through.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 76lisettew

Hi Lisette,
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay! I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback. First of all, I get the comment you mention about the noise. Some of our apartments are located in such a way that it can cause trouble. We are trying our best to improve the noise complaints, unfortunately we depend on local people in the neighbourhood as well. We will see if we can do something about the isolation of the apartments. Besides that, the extra aspects such as curtains is an easy fixable problem. Thank you for mentioning!

We hope to welcome you again some time. Thank you for staying with us.