4 people are viewing this hotel
US$149
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$149
PricelineUS$149
TravelocityUS$149
Reviews (1 038)
1 038 results
All reviews infinity pool satay blue building dive center bbq night city beach within walking distance standard room boutique hotel dive trip ceiling fan bedroom apartment the security guard yogurt center of willemstad full kitchen visit curacao
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 038 reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2021

It was such a nice experience, we had a great room with an exquisite view! It was like sleeping on the beach. The service is great and whatever you need you can ask. The employees are very flexible, lovely and friendly. It is like they have known you for years. The rooms are roomy and clean, equipped with whatever is needed. It has been a pleasure from making the booking up until the departure. The hotel has 2 pools and a restaurant, but the city is also close by, so there are enough choices.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021

In all my travels, personal and business, I have not met a more lovely and personal team than the team at Scuba Lodge, a very special shout out to Kirsten, who I almost hugged on arrival (not something one can do during these times...)

Before even booking, I mostly communicated with Kirsten over Whatsapp and she was so patient and emphatic. With everything going on at the moment, this was also the first time we travelled with our baby, so it was quite stressful. Kirsten patiently answered the many, MANY questions I threw at her. We were very concerned about noise with a baby and I heard later that she even went to the apartment that we would stay in, and stayed there for a bit to listen to the level of noise. The night before we flew, which was quite stressful for us, she actually sent me a Whatsapp to wish me a safe trip and don't worry, it will all be ok and they will see us tomorrow. I had not even been to the place yet, but just for that I would have given them 5 stars.

Thanks for a very memorable stay!

PS: Location is amazing by the way, walking distance to all the good restaurants.

Room tip: Definitely go for sea view
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 16 June 2021

We stayed at Scuba Lodge for 5 night in total for a business trip, and we couldn't have wished for a better stay. From the moment we booked the place they helped us with several bookings for taxi, car rental, et cetera. Would definitely recommend for either a holiday stay or business stay. Spacious rooms, nice restaurant, lovely staff and a great ocean view ;)

Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa22222222222021
Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

What a great lodge! From the moment I got out of the plane, got into an arranged transfer, checked in, and of course did multiple dives, all was above and beyond! Thank you Daan for showing me your beautiful reef! Thank you to your staff for top of the line meals, and of course, thank you, Dalies for making me feel at home. I highly recommend Scuba Lodge, a place where time just stops. Olga

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Olga U
Scuba Lodge Info, Owner at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay (and your dives!) with us. It makes us happy to know that you would highly recommend us to other travelers; that's a great compliment!

We'll make sure to share your kind words with Daan and Dalies.

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

I was attracted by the photos of the colorful buildings and as i am a diver I went for it.
Actually you can go scubadiving with them without staying at overpriced rooms.
First night my standard room was not ready so I got a superior one which was horrid. With a balcony over the street, broken shutters and drawers, unequipped kitchen (coffee machine but no coffee) etc. Avoid suite 27!!!
The girl at the reception didn’t speak any english so it was a lot if gesturing and trying to guess what she wants to say.
Luckilly in the next day i got my standard room which was much more quiet and had coffee. The shower was broken though.
The restaurant is really nice but you have to book because they take reservations from anyone and often there are no free tables. There was also another lady at the reception who was speaking english.
However i would recommend you to stay at some if the boutique hotels on the same street which look more cosy and offer much better prices

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Ema_Stefanova
Scuba Lodge Info, Owner at Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Hi Ema,

We are sorry to read that your stay with us didn't live up to your expectations. Our hotel ranks in the top 3 of best-rated hotels on Curaçao for at least five consecutive years now and has many reviews that confirm this.

Most of our staff are multilingual and speak English, Spanish, Dutch, and/or Papiamento (the local language on our island.) The reception staff who you mention in your review felt overwhelmed and couldn't find the words to express herself adequately. We will be working with her to avoid similar situations in the future because check-in should be a pleasant and smooth experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Since our hotel was experiencing low occupancy due to the lockdown, we offered you a complimentary upgrade from the standard room that you booked to one of our superior rooms. Our superior rooms are more spacious, are equipped with a kitchenette, and have a private porch or balcony. Since you weren't satisfied with this free upgrade, we moved you to a standard room instead. After reading your review, our staff did a thorough check-up in room #27 and all drawers seem to be working fine. The shutters in all of our rooms can be closed, and we wish our team could have helped you with this during your stay.

It is correct that non-hotel guests can go scuba diving with our dive center. Our dive center welcomes everyone who wishes to (learn how to) scuba dive, but as a guest of our hotel, you receive a discount on diving packages and dive courses that non-guests can not make use of!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restaurants on the island need to follow certain rules that may limit the number of guests that can be seated. Our restaurant serves both in-house guests and visitors from outside, and under normal circumstances, we usually have seats available for walk-ins. However, due to the current situation, we recommend making reservations, both at our oceanfront restaurant, as well as other restaurants on the island.

We're disappointed that you find us overpriced but as one of the best hotels on the island, we feel that our rooms are priced accordingly to the value and amenities that our guests receive. We are located in the popular Pietermaai District, within walking distance to downtown Willemstad and touristic highlight, and we are right at the ocean. We offer two swimming pools exclusively for guests, a cozy city beach with a beach bar, an oceanfront restaurant & bar, a PADI certified dive center, daily housekeeping services, free use of beach towels, and coffee- and tea-making facilities in each room.

We always try to do our best to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable from the moment that they check in with us, but it sounds like we missed the mark during your stay. If you ever return to the island, it would be our pleasure to welcome you again and show you better!