8 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/10/08
Marriott HotelsUS$240
PricelineUS$240
TravelocityUS$240
All reviews salty iguana jay jay reef club spice restaurant family pool european type plenty of chairs and umbrellas open air hotel absolutely enjoyed our stay moderate waves remodeled property loved the open air limited menus omelet chef beautiful hotel great gym cpap machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

My husband and I just came back from the Marriott, in Curacao, Food wasn't that great, hardly any fresh fruits for breakfast, when we checked in we realized we were on the first floor, we requested a room change, we were told my the front desk she would speak to her manager and let us know, we left and did not hear from a manager, we didn't have a good view, only of the serenity pool. there was a lot of bushes with mosquitoes, room 139 to be exact, so we couldn't sit outside on our deck at all, I expected more from a top notch hotel as the Marriott, were there from July the 8th until the 14th.. room 139

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank ladypinks01
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Lovely resort with a nice beach and 2 different pools. Rooms have a balcony and are recently refurbished. They also have a big flat screen tv. Bathrooms well equipped.

Service is impeccable with a nice mix of local and foreign staff. Breakfast is recommended

Even as a local at the resort i felt being on vacation abroad.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 22 June 2021

The Curacao Marriot Beach Resort is well worth a visit. The hotel is immaculate and well situated on a gorgeous beach near the center of Willemstad. The rooms are spacious, clean and very well air conditioned. The staff is super-pleasant and eager to help. We ate several meals at the hotel and were never disappointed. We have a big family and lots of picky eaters yet no one was disappointed. I was also happy to find that the bill was within the realm of reason (given that we were eating beachfront in a resort). You could stay at the Marriot and never leave the property. The beach is gorgeous with soft sand and a spectacular coral reef less than 40 yards off the shore. There are two beautiful pools, one for families (with lots of shady spots) and one for adults (and infinity pool that peers out to the ocean). We had ocean facing rooms that allowed us to walk out of our room onto the beach. I highly recommend that. The resort staff is meticulous about handing out towels and making sure your beach time is comfortable. The resort is also close in to Willemstad and near the main east-west road on the island so it’s easy to get around. It is also a mile away from the Shamblin Mall which has a fully stocked grocery store – Carrefours – and an amazing food court with great pizza (when you want to give the wallet a bit of a rest). I strongly recommend staying a the Curacao Marriot Beach Resort. You won’t be disappointed.

Room tip: Get the Ground Floor Ocean Facing Room
Date of stay: June 2021
3  Thank 893RobertR
Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

We loved this resort! It’s beautiful and peaceful and quiet. We snorkeled right from the beach and saw tons of pretty fish! The salty iguana pool bar is really good, we had a great experience with Jayme while we were staying at this resort! He was very attentive, made our yummy cocktails, and told us some good recommendations that we tried for dinners as well! We were not as impressed with the service at the bar inside. It took a long time for him to fill out waters and was not very friendly. Food was pretty good but a little over priced there, same as cocktails! Mine was $15 and seemed like it could have been a little fuller in the martini glass ;) all in all, a good stay! I forget who checked us in… maybe Kianna??? But she was great!!!!! Super friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miyannou Winklaar, Verkoop at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear Kendralee,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving this lovely review.
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that you haven't experience the same service at our Zala Gastro Bar as at our Salty Iguana bar.
We will investigate this, and hopefully, next time, you will have the best experience at our Zala Gastro Bar.

We look forward to seeing you return soon.

Warm regards,

Flor van der Vaart
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2021

I travel the Caribbean for work, constantly staying in hotels all over for many years. I cannot say enough good things about this Marriott and Curacao in general. It was so good, I brought my wife along for the second visit.
The hotel is SPOTLESS. So clean I have to make two sentences about it! The open air design, fairly standard in many Caribbean resorts, perfectly frames the pool and beach beyond.
The rooms are equally clean and spacious. Plenty of water pressure in the different rooms I stayed in during various stays. Pro tip for ‘Muricans - Get a power adapter from the front desk as the outlets are all funky European Buddha stuff.
I haven’t even gotten to the best part: The food and the staff!
Ordinarily, I don’t opt for hotel food over local restaurants. After having been all over the island eating and drinking, I’d still say that food at the Marriott itself is hard to skip.
The Brussel Sprout appetizer: We eat A LOT of Brussels at home. These beat that. I never thought about a bit of Blue cheese and some Pomegranates added to some wonderful roasted baby cabbages to bring out the flavor but OH MEH GAWD Ya’ll! Amazing!
You really can’t go wrong in the menu. The steak, the salads, the fish, the chicken…I’ve had it all and it is all wonderful.
See pictures for a more Pavlovian response.

The drinks are equally great. The bartenders at the lobby bistro are all very good but one stood out both times for me and his name is Jenneau. From Espresso Martinis to an amazing smoked old fashioned, this dude puts the effort in! Not only that, he is always smiling and jovial.

Jenneau is the just the top of an amazing crop of people that work at this Marriott. Often in the Carribean, I find the staff, while usually helpful and competent, rarely over the top friendly and outgoing. Not so at the Marriott. Not so for a SINGLE employee that I encountered. Such wonderful smiles always and always attentive to every detail.

I can confidently say that I will return to this Marriott and Curacao, outside of a company 2 day stay in the future.

Please, Jenneau and everyone, keep this pace going because you are killing it!!

Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank Jeremy Y

Dear Mr. Jeremy,

First of all, thank you so much for staying with us, not once, but twice already.
And thank you for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review.

It was our pleasure hosting your wife and you for your last trip.
Thank you for being such a delight to our staff.

We are happy to see all the amazing compliments for our food and drinks.
Our chefs and bartenders try to make delicious and unique dishes and cocktails for our guests, and we are happy when receiving such fantastic feedback.

We hope to see you returning soon.
Our entire Marriott team looks forward to welcoming you!

Warm regards,