Reviews (3 956)
1 889
1 202
1 889
1 202
All reviews marina view level restaurant don ernesto latin restaurant a la carte restaurants marina bar european plan studio apartment pizza man washing machine level guests pool side fish the general manager snack bar all inclusive package pool restaurant
36 - 41 of 3 956 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed at this resort with my husband for 10 days, the place is beautiful but the food and Wifi sucked! The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The a la carte and the pool restaurants not always have the food they show on the menu. My biggest disappointment was when I left a bathing suit and cover up in the balcony of my room and they confirmed having it and after that gave me the run around to deliver it. A week after my daughter went to a nearby resort and went to pick it up for me and they acted as if they didn't know anything about it. I then spoke to the supervisor of housekeeping department and she confirmed having it. A week another person went and also called for them to have it ready at reception and same story. Another thing is that the beach is on the other side of the road and a golf cart has to transport you there over a bridge.
The travel agencies should inform you of this as it is very inconvenient, especially for elders. It is a shame because as I said the resort and beach are very beautiful.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angely C
Carlos M, Director General at Hotel Melia Marina Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Guest,

On behalf the entire team we would like to thank you for reporting your impressions and feelings regarding your last stay al Meliá Marina Varadero.

We will be glad to welcome you in a future and we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This was the first time we have stayed full inclusive for many years,and some of my thoughts may show a lack of understanding of what to expect from all inclusive hotels.
First things first,the staff were all friendly and helpful,the food was plentiful but bland,it was also warm to luke warm which I guess is a product of the mass catering.
The pool was clean and well cared for,but is still just a generic pool.
The room was clean and the AC extremely effective.
The bars were well stocked with drinks (although as with the snack bars there were often shortages of specific items such as straws!)
On the subject of the snack bars, as fries were a major component I'm surprised no-one seemed able to cook them? I wasn't aware that you could produce burnt fries that were soggy?
The Wi-Fi was free for the first couple of days due to the hotel hosting a conference,the repeaters fitted in the hallways made reception in our room a fiddle,which made the situation when the conference ended even more laughable! The repeaters were all removed and Wi-Fi was then only available in the lobby via prepaid cards ! I can't believe that it could be that difficult or expensive to leave the repeaters in place especially considering the cost of getting to the hotel!
Anyway,moaning aside (most short comings being passed off by us as "TIC" this is Cuba!)
The beach is the real jewel in the crown of this hotel,white sands and glorious warm blue seas! A decent beach bar and snack restaurant ensuring that you can spend your whole day on the beach.
In summary was the hotel perfect? No
Was the hotel adequate ? Yes
Would I go back again to the same hotel? Yes
Would I lounge about on that beach again? In a heartbeat!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ogjimbob

Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for taking your time to post a comment and in this way to share with other Trip Advisor´s users about your experience in Meliá Marina Varadero.

Thank you very much for your comment about our beach. Actually it is the real jewel in the crown of our hotel and the biggest differnce between our competitors.

Be sure that the rest of your comments will help us to keep improving our service and product.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Cuba at its finest, by far our 1st choice in Varadero. Upgrade to the level the staff are brilliant and remembered us from the first time we were there. Sadly we didn't look at the weather before booking and we had rain for all three days but the staff made up for it, Anie always greeted us with our favourite drink and great conversation and made us laugh with perfect ,witty and smart comebacks by the end of our trip she felt like a friend we were sad to leave but promised we would be back. All the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. Aermando is so professional and provided us with impeccable service Evelyne and Abraham ( always made me feel beautiful) complementing me on my dresses and shoes ( dinner attire) all these wonderful staff exceeded our expectations and made our holiday they were the sunshine of our trip.The students on training did an amazing job too and think its a wonderful way to get experience. The Level when you book the Level you do not stand in line to be booked in, tell bell boy you are in the Level your bags and you are brought up to your concierge ( who are Fabulous) who and will see you right away with what ever drink your heart desires . The food was fabulous you have your own restaurant a little less selection than last time but we in off season this time. Truly the cleanest washroom I have ever seen, shower has amazing power, Yude our maid left lovely notes and amazing towel art. The only thing we felt could of been improved on was a bit of entertainment a piano player or something, in the Level restaurant because of Alberto storm and bad weather the lobby was only place with activities,it was so crowded hard to get a seat or drink....But over all an Amazing holiday will be back..Thank you all once again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KimmyDominic

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for such a completely and inspirited review regarding your stay in our Hotel. We hugely appreciate your kind and sincere words.

Thank you for your comments about our VIP service at The Level. Our team, that you previusly mentioned, provide one of the best services in Varadero. We really feel very proud of them.

The entire team will be very glad to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Melia Marina! When we first got there we were disappointed to learn we had been put on the first floor however upon reaching front desk Elliote happily moved us to the fourth floor with a view of the pool. We found the hotel easy to get around and the beach was only a short walk away or there was transportation to make it even shorter. Drinks were good and strong, most of the time we hung out at the lobby bar it got slightly busy at times but we still got relatively fast service. The resort was beautiful included a marina, for conveniance there was a doctor and a bank on the resort grounds. Nightly entertainment was always different and fun to watch while having a few drinks, especially enjoyed the aquatic show.Yamilka from the entertainment staff was one of our favorite people we met on the trip!! This was our first time in Cuba so we went with low expectations of food, as a vegan I was expecting to live off of alcohol and fruit for a week but I did manage to find items which I could eat at the buffets and the snack bar. We did 2/3 a la cartes, we went to the mediterrean and the oriental and it was pretty good. The bread and fruits are fresh and delicious.
We were fortunate enough to get free complimentary wifi everywhere in the hotel and even the pool for a majority of our stay we definitely weren't expecting that. Most of the staff we dealt with were amazing and I was sad leaving and can't wait to be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Your positive comments will help us with our continuing effort to improve the service quality. As you know it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our customers, that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service thet we strive for.

Once again we thank you for your recent visit and we hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel one more time.
In our opinion it is the people which make the place.
Although the weather was not good for the first 3 days. It was amazing, how the water was clear on the next morning.

So the beach is perfect. Can't be better than this.

The check in was ok, one person in front of us had 50 questions to ask, that is why the check is was slow. Before we were referred to Level check in.

The room was beautiful. Clean and everything was in an excellent order. The lady who was fixing our room, unfortunately we don't remember her name. She was so sweet and nice. Smile on her face all the time. Special thanks to everyone who works at the house keeping.

The Buffet, was good. With more varieties, it will get perfect. The staff were working hard, Everything was clean and good. Our grand children enjoyed the food as much as we did.

The pools, we used them only twice. Whenever we have access to the ocean, we don't use the pools. The pools are clean and in perfect condition.

We did not use the pool bars at all. We are not heavy drinkers.

The lobby, is clean, the bartenders and staff and very nice. Unfortunately we remember only one name, Jenelis. There are a number of friendly people who are serving the guests at the bar.

The spa, is very good, love the infinity pool. I hope they will fix the steam room, before September.
Very friendly staff.

A la carte restaurants, we did not use any of them this time. Food was good enough at the buffet or Level.

Customer Service at this hotel, is second to none.
Beautiful people makes the vacation memorable.
I should thank a number of people, for making our stay fantastic.

With no particular order:
Our very dear friend Joanna, my family and I love you.
Francisco (pleasure meeting you) , Carlos (it was great meeting your family),
All the staff who are working at the level, reception and restaurant. I am sorry I do not remember all the names, but you know that we appreciate you. Oscar and Michael you guys are amazing.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Uoshi

Dear Mr. Uoshi,

Thank you for reporting us your experience after your last stay at Meliá Marina varadero! It is a real honor to know that you enjoyed it.

I will make sure that these comments are know at the Hotel as to personally congratulated our employees that you had previosly mentioned.

I would like to thank you for your comments about our Customer Service, they really make the diference!

We sicerely hope to have the oportunity to welcome you back again in order to provide the best of our service to make your stay more confortable.