“The staff make this place amazing”
Review of El Del Frente

El Del Frente
Ranked #23 of 889 Restaurants in Havana
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I visited on a recommendation of my tour guide in Havana and it did not disappoint. Not only is there an extensive cocktail list but the food was great too. I found the staff so friendly and helpful. They were accommodating to my vegetarian needs and speak really good English which was a blessing as my Spanish is terrible. The vibe of the roof top is quite special in the middle of Havana

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Had a lovely meal here. They have some typically Cuban food with a modern twist and also a wider selection of not traditional food so something for everyone. Great cocktails too. There is a roof terrace as well as indoor seating.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

When we arrived, they could not do enough for us to find a seat, especially as there was a very large group in. Eventually we were seated at a small improvised table next to the bar. Even though we were out of sight, we were not forgotten - excellent service.

Drinks and food well priced.

I started with the Empandillas which unfortunately were not to my taste - pastry and sauce were great, but the meat (not sure what it was) left a bad after taste which sort of spoiled the dish.

I then had the breaded pork a la millanese which was very nice and was exactly as I had expected. It was also a good size to eat.

My wife had one of the pasta dishes which she did not like and it came with loads of unexpected chilis and peppers.

Place was extremely busy and was bouncin upstairs (where the toilets are BTW)

Nice place with excellent service.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor for 304 O’Reilly and not being able to get a reservation, we popped across the street, and weren’t disappointed. We started on the roof top however the rain came in and it was no problem to move downstairs. The jar of salsa on the table is wonderful, the first real spicy food we’d had in Cuba. The starters are big, we had the little pies and croquettes (with more salsa). We had the tuna and beef salad for mains, and they packed a punch with their flavours. Cocktails.....wow! If we hadn’t eaten as much we’d have done more! The Jimi Hendrix is worth a shot, as well as the Pina Colada. We were planning on going back again for lunch however ran out of time. Definitely one for the ‘must try’ list if you are in Havana!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This was our last dinner before we left Havana and it was ok. We shared a few items including the seafood pasta. Overall, it wasn't that tasty and we wouldn't necessarily recommend.