Lowest prices for your stay
US$185
View deal
Hotels.com
US$241
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$185
eDreamsUS$241
PricelineUS$241
All reviews diving freedom dive staff dive operation rum runners restaurant shore dive locker area klein bonaire unlimited nitrox night dive nitrox tanks junior suite hilma hooker rental gear boat dock villa island
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2021

Finally ! After 3 or 4 reschedule/ cancellations ! In my past trips to Bonaire I would stay at the condos a few doors down from Captain Don's. I was looking for a new place on this trip and a local dive friend recommended Captain Don's. I'm very happy that I took her advice. Everyone at the resort was very nice. Everyone at the shop was very nice as well. The house reef is excellent. I normally only do shore dives, but this time I did a few boat dives. I had a great time and enjoyed the sites. The boat crew was excellent. As most people do , I rented a truck and did most of my dives around the island. The tanks were available in the morning and the lockers were convenient. It's a well run operation. Traveling these day is a bit stressful with taking test before arriving and before departing. Captain Don's arranged the return test at the resort which was helpful. I made a mistake with my contact information. The lady (I didn't get her name) working in the office late in the day was kind enough to help me correct my error with the testing service. I regret not getting her name, but I'm very appreciative of her help. I think next time, I will tryout one of the ocean front rooms. I look forward to many returns.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 21 October 2020

Great place to sit with friends have dinner, and a drink. The views of people night diving near the shore are great. The staff was friendly, and let us take our time to really enjoy the ocean breeze as we drank our wine.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 6 March 2020

This was my first dive trip and it will be hard to top. The staff here is friendly, professional and fun. The dive shop and gift shop are fantastic and the grounds are gorgeous. The cabin that we stayed in was perfect, 2 bedroom, 2 baths and a well stocked kitchen. It was quiet and had a great porch

Date of stay: February 2020
EduardoBordones, Online Support Team at Captain Don's Habitat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Dear suecL9055SY,

On behalf of our entire team of operations and management here at Captain Don's Habitat, we want to thank you very much for this wonderful review! Thank you for your compliments about our diving shop, room service, and the excellent overall Captain Don's Habitat experience.

Our entire operations team works very hard every day to ensure excellence, and it puts a smile on our face knowing you've had a great stay. Please do come back and visit us again very soon!

Sunny greetings from Bonaire :-)

Reviewed 6 March 2020

First time renting equipment there.. first set of regulators given to me did not have a depth guage or air pressure gauge. I returned them to the rental shop. The man there was about to hand a second set of regulators that had the depth guage broken. Finally I got a set of regulators that were ok. I went down to the tanks and continued to set up my equipment to find out my low pressure inflator hose was damaged on my BCD.. I had to return that as well. BEWARE OF RENTING THERE EQUIPMENT. I rented for me, my wif and son. My confidence in the equipment was really poor. When renting equipment that your life depends on, it xhould be top notch. They apparently do not check equipment when it is returned or prior to renting it out... Booo dive location is good. Just rent from home or bring your own equipment.

Room tip: Cottages are great

Dear Martybmc,

On behalf of our entire team of operations and management here at Captain Don's Habitat, we want to apologize for your experience. This definitely does not meet our standards of quality and it will be reported immediately.

Our entire operations team works very hard every day to ensure excellence. We hope that you can give us a second chance in the upcoming future and honor us with your visit again.

Sunny greetings from Bonaire! :)

Reviewed 25 February 2020

The habitat of captain Don is on the sea, the restaurant is on the edge of the sea on a prominence overlooking sunsets or the dive boats at mooring . The sun always shone, clean fresh drinking water flows out of the taps, the ocean water is crystal and filled with life. A buoyancy checkout dive becomes a full scale diving brochure just off the dock, tropicals in profusion.

Room tip: deluxe room all overlook the sea
Date of stay: February 2020
EduardoBordones, Online Support Team at Captain Don's Habitat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear BobhH7879AP,

On behalf of our entire team of operations and management here at Captain Don's Habitat, we want to thank you very much for this wonderful review! Thank you for your compliments about our central location, delicious dining, unforgettable sunsets, 24-hour front desk, and the excellent overall Captain Don's Habitat experience.

Sunny greetings from Bonaire :-)