Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Highlight of my holiday

I really enjoyed diving with GAB. Chris and her team made sure everything ran smoothly and I was... read more

Reviewed 16 October 2018
YevgeniyaM12
via mobile
Concierge diving with a smile

This dive operation is second to none. Two boat dives per day at convenient times. Unlimited shore... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2018
enzoed
Sanibel Island, Florida

All reviews harbour village concierge diving concierge service small wreck anne marie restoration project open water certification scuba certification dive operation special shout enjoyed diving fantastic tour top notch excellent diving dive sites the reefs fish
Reviewed 25 March 2018

What a great dive operation! Co-located with the Harbour Village Beach Club, I literally only walked 40 feet from my unit to the the dive boat, (20 feet to the dive shop). They have two large well equipped boats and a staff that is second to none. Also, they offer free concierge dive service, which includes bringing your stored equipment to and from the boat and a rinse after the dive. They run their boats at 9 am and 2 pm on single tank dives, so you're back in plenty of time to enjoy lunch or dinner with a non-diving spouse. They will coordinate a dive/snorkel trip if that spouse would like to come along on the boat... takes a little "heads up" to the shop and I think they need a minimum number of 3-4 snorkelers. Tanks, (air and Nitrox), are always available for shore dives and there is a small wreck just off the beach and excellent diving by doing a short passage below the harbor inlet.

Despite getting certified nearly 40 years ago, I have never pursued anything other than my current Open Water and EAN. I decided to do the Advanced Open Water, so I picked up the PADI book and read and completed the Knowledge Reviews in advance. I called ahead to Chris, the Dive Center owner, and on arrival she arranged for Warren to be my instructor. He's friendly, highly skilled and provided thorough briefs and debriefs of the completed dives. If you're thinking of adding another certification, this is definitely the place to do it.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I finished our open water certification there last month. We stayed at Harbor Village and arranged ahead of time to do this. Everything was so organized and easy. I can't say enough about Ken!! He was our instructor for the certification. He was the nicest, most patient teacher. He explained everything thoroughly and made me feel at ease. He is just awesome! We went on several boat dives. Dive Master Warren and Alfonso were amazing and knowledgeable. So much fun and we learned so much. The dive sites were breathtaking and the experience was just so easy and organized and everything was just perfect. We've fallen in love with Bonaire and Harbor Village and Great Adventures! We are coming back in July!!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We have been diving with Great Adventures Bonaire on two separate diving trips. One in November 2016 and one in April 2017.

Both trips were outstanding. The staff at the dive shop went out of their way to ensure that everyone on the dive boats were happily entertained and safe.

My husband completed his Advanced while on vacation and my girls took the Coral Restoration course with GAB. All three appreciated the personalized attention and felt that the y learned a lot during these courses.

They have recently instituted "concierge diving", meaning that your gear is already loaded on the the boat prior to departure and stowed for you afterwards. While this is a nice feature, I am not sure that it is essential.

Overall, fantastic quality of staff set this dive shop apart.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2017

In Bonaire for our third time, again in Harbour Village, we had the chance of enjoying once again the top services of Great Adventures Bonaire. GAB not only is at your doorstep if you are in this resort, but it is the best option, in my opinion, on the entire island.You'll find a really professional and dedicated staff, a dive shop with a lot of snorkeling and dive options, not to say of their perfectly maintained boats and equipment. They are really helping in advices and service (we enjoyed CONCIERGE SERVICE, it means they manage all your dive stuff, your own or rented, and you just have to wake up in the morning and find everything perfectly rinsed and ready to use on the boat). Thank you folk, and we'll be back very soon from Italy. And thank you Christina: you know why.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 24 December 2017

My family and I just enjoyed our first trip to Bonaire. We planned to spend a lot of time on, in, and under the water. We stayed at Harbour Village in part because of the excellent reputation of Great Adventures Bonaire, which is located on the property. We wanted to be able to walk from our room to the dive shop! The people of GAB more than lived up to that reputation. Chris (who manages the operation) was the definition of helpful. She worked with us on everything from equipment purchases to helping arrange a daysail with another company. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. They work to make your day free of complications, so you can enjoy the experience to the fullest.

The five of us all had very different interests and needs, and this makes a family "complicated." My wife was interested in snorkeling. My eldest son is already open water certified. My youngest son and I had done several introductory scuba dives in the Virgin Islands, but we had not gotten any certification. And my son's friend who came with us had never snorkeled on a reef. The three novices decided to take an initial day of scuba training with the possibility of extending our training to scuba certification. We worked with Andrea, who was a wonderful, patient, and dedicated instructor. We spent one day of diving off of Harbour Village, which has shallow and 40' areas to practice basic skills while seeing a myriad of fish species. After that we were hooked, and we committed to finish the basic scuba certification course. Andrea led us through the theory work and the contained water practice over the next two days, finishing with a dive off of Klein Bonaire. We now have our basic scuba certification, and if we return next year I imagine we'll finish off the open water portion. Thank you, Andrea, from me, Aidan, and Ashlynne!

Meanwhile, my snorkeler wife and eldest went off on their own with the dive boat to explore various sites. GAB worked for all of us. Hope to see you next year.

Date of experience: December 2017