“Spectacular sea view and night life buzz”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Aleksandr...
Bangor, Wales
“Spectacular sea view and night life buzz”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We have stayed in room 206 in the Yellow Bird hotel for 2 weeks in March/April 2014 and very much enjoyed our holiday. The view was the main reason for booking that particular place and I think it is worth all the money. Oh, the joy of having breakfast still in my pyjama on the balcony with looking at the Caribbean sea!.. The view from the room and balcony is breathtaking! The sea is just across the road, so we were waking up to the sound of the sea and had the view of the unbelievable turquoise of the water, while still lying in the bed. The apartment is really clean and spacious, very comfortable, with the kitchenette really well equipped. You really have everything you need to cook a meal. It doesn't seem renovated recently, but is extremely pleasant and homey, and we loved it!
The location of the hotel is also very convenient. There are several lovely beaches nearby and two supermarkets within 15 minute walk, not to mention numerous restaurants. It is also easy to get to Bridgetown and to Oistins from St Lawrence Gap, and to explore the south and east coast. I definitely recommend renting a car for a few days and visiting all the lovely beaches and bays, like Bottom Bay or the Crane resort (for ice-creams and views). I think this is by far a better way to see the island than group excursions. People in Barbados are generally exceptionally friendly, more than in any other place I have visited so far. We enjoyed our trip to Harrison's cave and really liked Bathsheba, but the highlight of our stay was swimming in the Animal Flower Cave and snorkelling with the turtles, magical!
There is a lovely Mexican restaurant (Cafe Sol) just 10 metres from the room's balcony, and the hotel's restaurant is just below, with live music (actually really beautiful) once or twice a week. You have a better view and sound from the room's balcony than the restaurant. You can sit on your balcony, relax and enjoy the buzz of the night life drinking beer from your fridge rather than from the bar :) It's like having a private lounge in a beach front restaurant. I think this is fantastic, but feel obliged to accentuate that it. is. noisy. Very noisy. The Yellow Bird hotel is surrounded by restaurant and night clubs. This is brilliant if you love partying and plan to be up until 2 am, enjoying the crowd of St Lawrence Gap, dancing, drinking and generally having fun. Coming from Europe (cue 4 hour time difference) I was knackered at 9 pm (1 am in Britain), while this is when the party outside only begins. Until at least midnight you hear loud buzz from the restaurants in the front, and thumping bass beat from the nightclub at the back of the hotel. However, even though I am extremely sensitive to such noise, with the windows closed and white noise of the air conditioning it was fine to sleep even without the earplugs, and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay :)
We were extremely fortunate to be taken care of by two lovely persons that regularly stay at the Yellow Bird hotel. They showed us some excellent places to eat and visit, and their company truly made our holiday! I wouldn't expect too much from the food, as it is generally expensive and almost everything imported, but there are some good places to eat out. Just check the reviews :) Two places I really liked were Naru and Cafe Sol. But if you want to try something really spectacular, find Uncle George's in Oistins and have mahi-mahi fish (called also dolphin fish), or thermidore sauce. It’s definitely not a fine dinning, but it’s delicious!
Overall, I can definitely say that Barbados is worth visiting, and room 206 in the Yellow Bird hotel a good place to stay. Please go and enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: sea view
Liked least: noise at night
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Apr 2014
Thanks for the great review! Next time you come to room 206 you will find new light fixtures in the bathroom, light over the table, moved vanity and mirror (put on the wall opposite from where they were), computer power outlet next to the vanity, a wall mounted desk lamp by the vanity, and a new light fixture on the wall next to the bathroom. Next year there will be a new light in the kitchen.

I'm very happy that you had a good time.

Next time you plan to go to Barbados, please remember me and room 206

Thanks Again
Rick
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing