All reviewshot waterdover beachlawrence gaprestaurants and barskitchenettebalconyrelaxationprivacyislandlocalssea
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Although the accommodation is basic and by no means luxurious, it deserves four stars for the following reasons: i) There is always someone at reception, day and night, so if you cannot arrive at the expected time for any reason, it does not matter. ii) Everyone working at Carib Blue, whether at reception or cleaning rooms, is very friendly and helpful. iii) Room service is daily and efficient but by no means pushy. iv) Cleanliness in general is good, though the shower and sink were very old and not very shiny! v) Without actually being on the beach, which would be very expensive, the location is good with a walk to Dover beach taking about three minutes. The famous St. Lawrence Gap is also only minutes away giving an enormous variety of restaurants and bars from which to choose.

Our apartment (kitchen / diner with bathroom) was upstairs with a balcony, from which we could see the sea. The air conditioning was efficient and quiet. I would recommend asking for an upstairs apartment, as it gives more privacy and better views. We were made to feel very welcome and as long as you are not expecting luxury standards, it is comfortable enough and represents excellent value for money on an island where things are generally expensive.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Reviewing this it is hard not to sound negative, but I was happy with the place. Our room was booked as part of a post cruise stay at a different hotel which had problems so switched us to this one. I have no idea how much one night cost here as it was part of the package. The apartment was quite dated and looking a little tired also the layout and arrangement of furniture was a little strange. Having said that the place was clean and tidy. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The free wi-fi worked well and the Just Stop restaurant in the same building was excellent. Compared with other apartments in the area the location and outlook was good, a tidy area by a cricket field and a short walk to the beach and bars area which looked nicer than some I saw in this part of the island. Car parking at the apartments was also good. Worth considering for a short stay and if you are put here as part of a package not one to worry about as long as you don't expect a modern hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Well located near The Gap, and easy to jump on $2 bus to Bridgetown etc. Needed a 4am taxi ride & staff happily set it up for us!

After week or so on a smaller island without hot water & AC my kids really liked their room!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I asked for a king size they pushed together two bed. But you could see the join in the middle. Bed had no comforter, sheets are thin. Bathroom is very small two people cannot bathe the same time. Room was clean.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017

First of all, let me say that the staff is beyond friendly. The ladies who assisted me were extremely kind and I could notice their will to help, so I am grateful for their valuable tips. Some reviews mentioned the old aspect of furniture and etc but I am not a fussy person. Location is 5 minutes walk to Dover beach and to the Gap. Room cleaned everyday, good bed, very clear room since it had sunlight all day. That said, let's point out the problems. When I got there, on Wed 14th in the evening, I was told that the water was coming and going due to a repairing work done in that area, thus I assumed that it could affect other hotels, so I decided to stay. However, the water in the shower was still dripping until 1:00 am, when I finally got at least to clean myself a bit after an eight-hour flight.
Following three nights were a bit better concerning to water supply indeed, but in the end they found out that the water pressure in the shower was not good. Anywhere else (the taps) was OK except the shower and all they could say was "I'm sorry". No compensation for the annoyance, after all if it wasn't their fault, it was not mine either (and I showed them how badly it was working). In the end, I have payed USD 75 per night and was not 100% satisfied. Spent my remaining 3 nights in the island at another place which proved to be much better and USD 20 cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo