“Fantastic view & delicious cocktails!!”

The Cliff Beach Club
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went for lunch. It rained for a second and then sun came out and the view was breathtaking! We had the barracuda on rice and mahi mahi fish and chips, we’re mainly vegetarian but the vegetarian option was just pasta and risotto so we didn’t order that. The food was okay...but the cocktail was amazing and the view was fantastic! Will definitely go back for the view!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Cliff Beach Club is great for couples or groups. Being here with two young kids, I am glad we left them with the sitter. The ambiance, layout and setting are really more conducive for couples or a group setting, and not so much for parents with young ones. There were four levels overlooking the well lit water. During dinner, we were joined by sea turtles, rays and large tarpons roaming the water below. We enjoyed a nice breeze and in the background played perfect beats to create a very chic vibe for the restaurant. For that, I give the restaurant 5 bubbles. I'm struggling to give the service a rating. On one hand, we received our appetizers before we received our dinner drinks. But aside from that, the service was spot-on excellent. My wife had the Mr. Henderson and I enjoyed the minty lemonade. My wife raved about her drink and mine was incredible. Our appetizers were the tuna sashimi and goat salad. The tuna was absolutely delectable. The goat cheese was ok, but the goat cheese was not the flavor I am used to and expect from goat cheese. I ordered the Spicy Lamb Curry and my wife ordered the Creamy Pasta with Lobster. Her dish was quite good. Mine was average. The couscous was overcooked and the dish was, as my wife described it, heavy-handed with spices. For dessert, we ordered the tropical cheesecake and dark chocolate lava cake. Both were really good. The lava cake was a bit too rich for my wife's likings. I, on the other hand, devoured what was left. And I am not normally a big fan of dark chocolate. Also, the ice cream and chocolate bits that accompanied the lava cake did not last long, my wife and I were wrestling for every last morsel. One thing that did annoy me was paying for bread. It is the first time I have ever paid for bread at a restaurant. I would prefer they increase everything on the menu by a dollar (or two or three) and "give the bread away". Minus the mishap for the drinks, the service would have been excellent., but I give it a very good. The goat cheese salad and lamb were average, but everything else was really good. The value I give a poor because charging for the bread is super annoying. Aside from that it is great. Overall, the service and ambiance make the restaurant a great place to visit. We will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If the beautiful seaside dining isn't enough, the restaurant has so much to see as well. This is a beautiful restaurant with such a relaxing setting. The food is delicious and worth every penny as this is not a cheap meal. The drinks are fabulous as well. Very different drink menu with a modern take on many classics.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner here a few times before so decided to try for a Sunday lunch this time.

Service is always first class with lots of personality and good humour, if anything it’s probably better at lunch as staff are a little less rushed.

Food was was good but overall it lacked a little bit of the theatre you get in the evening, especially as there was no band or music on the day which is why I had booked for lunch on a Sunday in the first place, so felt a bit short changed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were due to eat at the Cliff fine dining restaurant and after a last minute menu check we were thankfully able to switch our reservation to the beach club. The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive. Yes, it is expensive, so it's a treat, but on a whole food in barbados is expensive. What you really pay for here is the stunning setting and at the beach club it is worth every penny. Be sure to book weeks in advance to secure a front row table.