“Home away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Living Room
Kitchen
Living Room
Bedroom
Parking Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jasmine F
Dominica
Reviewed 10 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

From the moment of Arrival to the moment I Departed I couldn't find not a Single complaint, though only in Barbados for a Day the Owner Made you feel like Family, with Secured grounds and Taxi services to any required Destination, I can honestly Recommend this to anyone traveling to Barbados !

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
18 Dec 2016
Thanks for your review Jasmine. We certainly pride ourselves in looking after our clients from arrival until their departure regardless of their period of stay. Indeed, we pleased that you had a great experience which you are prepared to repeat and share with others. We thank you for choosing Malfranza Apartments and wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year.
SergeBor
Ottawa, Canada
“Satisfactory on a budget”
Reviewed 28 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Barbados is a beautiful island and as such, needs to be explored all around. For this matter we prefer "all exclusive" travel: everything booked separately - airline, dwelling, car and local groceries. Obviously, we look for a villa or apartment with free parking, kitchen facilities, wi-fi and easy access to everywhere. Malfranza Apartments satisfied all of these criteria and was affordable, so we made reservation via booking.com. The next day I was contacted by the owners suggesting that I pay for one night via paypal to secure reservation, and I did. I have found out from customers' reviews on booking.com that the property takes cash payments on site but also, from the owners reply to reviews, I found that they would accept "credit card payment vie paypal". One week before our arrival I wrote an e-mail to the owners and offered to pay the balance through paypal but they refused, saying they don't want to incur extra commission charges. So our payment was all in US cash on arrival. We were given apt #2 facing ABC highway. It is a 1-bedroom apt with a shower in the bathroom, and fully equipped kitchen in the living room. A/C unit was in the bedroom only but we could stream some air with a powerful fan from the living room. The noise from the hwy was bearable, however, occasional blast from the motorbikes, day or night, made us wince. (Not at the property only but on the roads too). Beach towels supplied.

The water stream was good. The bed was firm but we like firm. Wi-fi was adequate. TV had plenty of channels, mostly American. The kitchen equipment was older and not up to par. 3 pots of different size, 2 of 3 rusted, and only one lid. One big frying pan, burned and without a lid. The kettle was not always switching off automatically and had scum inside. The toaster did not work and we complained to the owner, and he replaced it immediately with the one that worked 1 out of 3 attempts. The biggest problem was with the stove: not all burners were working but those that did, couldn't be put in any intermediate regime between "on" and "off" so they were either cold as a grave or sizzling hot. Every 30 sec we had to turn it on and off. We assumed that we don't want the hassle of replacing the stove during our stay and did not indicate the problem. Also, there was no phone in the dwelling. I had to place a local call to a rental company, and I had to go around the building and buzz the owners' entrance. They have thrown me the phone from the balcony (owners occupy the 2nd level) and than I had to go back and return them the phone. Same thing happened when the rental company was calling me back.

To finish with the flaws, I should note that there was no housekeeping during our stay. The linen was changed but there was no mopping or vacuuming whatsoever. There is no notice about no cleaning or otherwise, and I cannot blame it on owners, but be prepared to clean yourself.

I'm trying to give the most thorough description of the property, and have to say that the mentioned flaws are minor and could be easily overcame, however, I don't recommend Malfranza for families with small kids and visitors without a car. Otherwise, the property adequately served our purposes and we had great time in Barbados.

If you are new to the island, I recommend:
- in the morning, drive to Folkstone marine reserve for a swim and great snorkel.
- After that, drive around the island and explore one be one North point, Cove bay, Cherry tree hill, East coast and Bathsheba, Bottom bay, Crane beach.
- Wednesday or Sunday go to Atlantis Restaurant Buffet Lunch.
- Visit Hunte's Garden and Harrison cave, close to sunset go to Gun Hill signal station.
- Look at Concorde (hangar near Airport)
- After 3 pm go to Turtle beach (beach beds are free after 3 pm). Drive to Dover hotel and park in front of it, keep left following the sign "public access to the beach".
- Buy fresh fillet fish at Oistins or Paynes beach fish market, try flying fish, barracuda etc, fry them up.
- Be careful with local pepper sauce and appreciate local rum and Banks beer.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Value
Liked least: No housekeeping and older kitchen equipment
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gloria H
Arima, Trinidad
Reviewed 23 January 2015 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

A home away from home this is what Malfranza offers its customers.

I was met at the airport by the owner Gregory Carter who pointed out all the important landmarks en route to Malfranza. We stopped at the Sky Mall where I was able to purchase some much needed supplies.
As we arrived at Malfranza and drove through the gates I could see a lovely two storied building situated on well laid out and spacious grounds.
This property is beautifully landscaped with a variety of lovely shrubbery and flowering plants. There is even a kitchen garden from which I received some lovely lettuce with the compliments of Gregory. The building is situated on grounds that gently slope towards the end of the property and affords one a panoramic view of a network of roadways. There is a swing where you can sit and read a book or just relax. The coconut trees at the bottom of the slope add to the finishing touch of the grounds.The self contained apartment is spacious and well laid out. The kitchenette is equipped with a microwave, electric cooker and refrigerator. There are enough cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery to make for easy meal preparation. Cable and internet are also available.
The bedroom is furnished with a double bed where I slept quite comfortably. There is enough closet space for clothing. The bathroom was clean and hot water was always available for showering.
I was well taken care of and made to feel welcome by the Carter family including a lovely white kitten that visited me from time to time. At no time during my stay at Malfranza did I feel uncomfortable; I was treated like family especially by Patricia with whom I had some lovely talk times.
My telephone messages were always relayed to me in a timely manner. Gregory was always available to take me the malls, and to Bridgetown and back to the airport when it was time to leave.
If you are looking for a place to stay at an affordable rate and hosts that treat you like family, then I highly recommend Malfranza. I am sure that all your needs will be well taken care of.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Warmth of the Hosts and availability at all times
Liked least: Saying Good-bye
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing