7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$353
2 126
1 632
2 126
1 632
All reviews lighthouse restaurant infinity pool diamond member kids club needham's point ocean view private beach carlisle bay tapas south coast fort beaches island barbados waves caribbean sand
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 4 832 reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2021

The resort is not fully operational the dinning services at the hotel are limited to one resturant and one pool bar with same menu every day!!

The quality of food is awful. I asked if they can make a vegetarian pasta for me.... I was sent raw vegetables in a tasteless pasta sauce.

Room service stops at 8:30pm and is the same menu as the restaurant. Which is pretty poor.

Spent two nights with no air con. The only people staying here are airline staff and people for one night.

It was so bad that we checked out early and booked into another hotel.

Hilton do not inform guest of the limited amenities at the resort until you check in.

This is not a resort but more of a standard hotel!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allison Greene, Sales at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Hilton Barbados Resort sits on the island’s peninsula with ocean views all around which makes the hotel an ideal place for a relaxing stay and I am so sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your time with us. A couple weekends ago due to circumstances beyond our control, we experienced an air-conditioning outage. Our team worked tirelessly around the clock to ensure this was rectified within a very short time frame, and I am so sorry you were unhappy with our efforts. We do take great pride in the services, dining options, our facilities and amenities we offer, and feedback of this nature presents the ideal opportunity to evaluate our standards with the hope of improving the quality of product we offer. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2021

We stayed for 3 nights in the middle of 18 days on the island. The resort is lovely, with a brilliant beach area and lovely pools. The restaurant is nice and the staff service is really good. There's not much around though and it is a taxi into the heart of Bridgetown. The cost of food, drinks and snacks is too high as well. But I'm glad we stayed there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank adame531
Allison Greene, Sales at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

Many thanks for your feedback. Our comfortable rooms with amazing ocean views all around coupled with the excellent service provided by our team members are just a few reasons why guests return to stay with us. For pool, beach, and excellent service you choose the right location which is just a 15-minute walk to restaurants and shops within the area and our capital, Bridgetown. Thank you for choosing to stay at our wonderful resort and for your support of the Hilton Brand.

Reviewed 23 September 2021

Air conditioner did not work for 2 days! I was miserable and hot. I think I should have been compensated. Misinformation provided upon arrival regarding COVID testing requirements. Very expensive test - just to make more money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Allison Greene, Sales at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2021

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. It is clear from your comments that you did not thoroughly enjoy your time with us, and for this I would like to extend an apology. Over the weekend due to circumstances beyond our control, we experienced an air-conditioning outage. Our team worked tirelessly around the clock to ensure this was rectified within a very short time frame, and I am sorry you were unhappy with our efforts. Regarding our testing requirements, for the convenience of all our guests we have provided several options ranging from free to having the test done within the privacy of your guest room. Again, I am sorry you were unhappy with our efforts.

We take great pride in the service and facilities we offer, and your comments provide us with the ideal opportunity to evaluate our service standards and ultimately the quality of product we offer. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back despite this experience, and if I can assist in any way do get in touch. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2021

Professional, friendly and caring staff. Rooms were extremely clean and bed was most comfortable. I liked the view of the beach and listening to the waves from the balcony. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Allison Greene, Sales at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2021

Your feedback made my day, thank you! From the excellent service provided by our wonderful team, to our comfortable rooms with amazing ocean views, Hilton Barbados Resort is the perfect place for a relaxing vacation and I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2021

We booked a 16 night stay at this hotel in July 2021. I phoned the hotel twice before arriving as I wanted to confirm that all the amenities were open as I'd read that the island had restrictions re covid. On both occasions I was advised that everything was open. On arriving there we discovered that this was not the case. There was only one restaurant out of the three at the hotel open and this had a very limited menu. The indoor bar was permanently closed, there was a pool bar but this closed around 6 pm every day. This meant that we were forced to go out to eat each night and on returning back to the hotel we really struggled to get a drink from anywhere. The only place to order one was from the restaurant and they wouldn't serve after about 9.15 pm there was also nowhere to sit to have the drink. On complaining to the hotel staff we were informed that the early closure was due to the curfew in place on the island. Everyone on the island needed to be home by 11 pm so staff really needed to leave the hotel by 10 pm. If that is the case why could they not serve drinks until that time and why could the pool bar not stay open later to accomodate the guests. After a couple of days we decided that we needed to change hotels and put a request in with our travel agents. We were finally moved to an all inclusive hotel on another part of the island after 5 nights at the hotel. There the bar stayed open until around 10.30 pm. The hotel was actually really nice with a great beach front location and lovely pool area but the situation there made it impossible for us to stay for our full holiday. The on site cafe was very poorly stocked as well. On speaking to various people it would appear that the hotel is catering mainly for cabin crew and people needing to quarantine. If that is the case they should not be taking long stay bookings !! This experience has put us off staying there again.

Room tip: Ask for a bay view room
Date of stay: July 2021
Allison Greene, Sales at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2021

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Hilton Barbados Resort is located on the island’s peninsula with ocean views all around which makes the hotel an ideal place for a relaxing stay, a business trip or indeed a business conference. I am truly sorry to learn that you did not thoroughly enjoy your experience.

The face of travel has changed tremendously, and as such we make every effort to ensure our guests are fully aware of what to expect prior to and on arrival at our wonderful resort. This is done by way of sharing the necessary details via email and our websites, and it is most unfortunate this was not effective this time around.

We do take great pride in the services and facilities we offer and your comments will be valuable in measuring our overall performance and will certainly go a long way in helping us to better deliver our brand promise. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back despite this experience, and ask that you contact me directly so that I may make your arrangements and ensure you have a memorable stay. Thank you again.