Lowest prices for your stay
Hilton
2 125
1 631
2 125
1 631
All reviews lighthouse restaurant infinity pool diamond member kids club needham's point ocean view private beach carlisle bay tapas south coast fort beaches island barbados waves caribbean sand
Selected filters
4 486 - 4 491 of 4 829 reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2006

After a lot of research on different hotels, I had wanted to book the Bougainvillea initially, but it was booked during the time we wanted to travel. Thankfully, we did not stay there because of construction next door. I ended-up taking the "safe" route and decided on an American experience -- the Hilton. My husband and I were greated with warmth and sincerity from the hotel staff at all times. I really felt that they were very sincere and the property was clean and the rooms were fine. I will, however, state that the food was overpriced and not that good. I, too, would recommend eating off site. We really enjoyed Champers (as recommended by the hotel staff). It is difficult to go to other restaurants without a car. Taxis are expensive, but if you don't mind driving, I'd recommend the car to see other parts of the island. All in all, it was a pleasant stay, but the VAT tax was a killer, plus the service charge on each restaurant bill. I did not anticipate having to spend over $100 per dinner, but it seems that's what it was at most places at the Gap in St. Lawrence. We did love Oistins fish fry, so I would highly recommend doing that and mixing with the locals. It was a very nice experience. My husband and I met some wonderful people.

16  Thank tbtravels
Reviewed 28 February 2006

My husband and I just spent the week of Feb 22 at the Hilton Barbados and we could not have been happier. When we arrived we were upgraded to a corner suite (rooms 301 and 303) The rooms were large, new, clean, beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were amazing! The hotel, while it is large, felt like home and we could not have been more comfortable. We did not meet a mean person the entire time at the hotel or island for that matter. We both agree that we would return to Barbados and the Hilton in a heartbeat. (Hint: make sure you have access to the executive lounge which includes free breakfast and free cocktails in the evening!)

11  Thank Footprints19775