“ByWays Tours”
Review of Byways Tours

Byways Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: How did I get here? My claim to fame on this little Island . I am the granddaughter of a Lighthouse Keeper. I come from a long line of Lighthouse Keepers (Gibbs Hill Lighthouse) and am a 6th generation Bermudian. My grandfather was the last of the last lighthouse keepers before Gibbs Hill went electronic, and I grew up in the house that is attached to lighthouse. My passion in my tours stems from the passion for the Island that I call home. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Bermuda and sharing our Island Magic.- Heidi
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Heidi gave the best tour that I was ever on. She is passionate about all things relating to Bermuda and it comes through with every place she took us to. She knew exactly when the large tour busses would be coming and worked her schedule around them, so our tour was completely quiet and private. She took us to all the little hidden jewels around the island. She knew the history of the island and its forts, all about the gardens and wildlife. We also had a delightful lunch purchased from a local store and then had a picnic at an inlet. We will be doing a repeat tour on our next visit to Bermuda.

BermudaOnion2013, Owner at Byways Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful review !

So so appreciated.

Bermuda is waiting for your return !

All reviews
"raisin bread"
in 12 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"back roads"
"bermuda's history"
"hour tour"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have taken many tours, but have never written a review. However, for Byways Tours, done by Heidi, I must comment on her tour. I found her on the Cruise Critic thread while looking for a tour of Bermuda, and did not want to pay the overpriced excursion of the cruise line. I came across Byways Tours - read all the positive reviews, and book with her. It was everything I read about, and more. Heidi meet us on time at the pier. Among the many sightseeing views, we went to the lighthouse , where she used to live when she was growing up , we drove over to St. George's and explored that area, stopped for lunch (which was included) we went with her suggestion -a fish sandwich on raisin bread w/ a side of cole slaw- it was soooo good. We stopped at the worlds smallest draw bridge to watch unusual fish, and Heidi brought along the bread for us to throw in. We stopped at Warwick Beach, and Heidi assisted us with taking pictures. We had such a fabulous time. You need to book with her early as she only takes 10 per tour. will use her again when we go to Bermuda.

BermudaOnion2013, Owner at Byways Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Charles, you have made my day !

I write this often, but I'll certainly write it again. It's the great folks that get on the bus, and their shared enthusiasm that encourages me to show all that I can.

You both were two fun and wonderful people to travel with.

With only one day in port and for you to choose me to spend that short time with is truly an honour.

Thank you !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read all the other reviews about Heidi and her wonderful informative tour. I was just on her tour a week ago. Heidi goes above and beyond the tour from beautiful beaches, famous land marks, delish food and homemade ice-cream. I will be going back to Bermuda in the near future and will call on Heidi and her side kick Buddy for another tour tour of the Island..I highly recommend people to take her tour.
Thank you to Heidi for such beautiful memories to cherish forever.
Laura and Debbie

1  Thank Laura L

Laura and Debbie !

You two made my day ! I can't wait for you to come back !

Love your fun and enthusiasm. It will be another wonderful day if it's spent with you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have taken many tours, many of them done very well, but have yet to ever write a review. However, for Byways Tours, done by Heidi, I must respond to her tour. I found her on the Internet looking for a tour of Bermuda, and did not want to pay the overpriced excursion fees of the cruise line. I came across Byways Tours - read all the positive reviews, and booked the tour two months in advance for my wife, my son, and myself. All I can say is...Wow!!! It is everything I read about, and more. Among many sightseeing views, we went to the lighthouse with entrance fees, we stopped for ice cream, we stopped for lunch - Heidi paid all the bills. We stopped to watch unusual fish, and Heidi brought along the bread for us to throw in. We stropped at Warwick Beach, and Heidi assisted us with taking pictures.We saw a great deal of the entire island as she is very knowledgeable and personable, All I can say is "Book Early" as I now know why her tours (only ten per tour) fills up quickly.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow, what can I say. This was the most amazing tour I have ever been on. Heidi and her little pup Buddy were absolutely the best. I don’t think we could have learned more about the island if we had stayed there a month. Heidi’s knowledge and passion for her homeland is very evident and Buddy was a superstar at every stop. From the inside knowledge of the light house to the most amazing fish sandwiches on the planet our whole day was very fun and filled with sights and history. Heidi took us around the whole island from Dockyard to St. George and anything we saw she knew something about it’s history. Everywhere we went we always felt safe and in good hands. I am sure I will be talking about and remembering this tour for years to come. If you ever find yourself in Bermuda and want to do a full island tour or even just want to go somewhere specific you would do yourself a favor to let Heidi and Byways Tours be your guide.

1  Thank Bobby S
BermudaOnion2013, Manager at Byways Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow !

I am humbled with this review !

It's true. 6 hours + really does this Island no justice for the stories, the history and secrets. A month might start to scratch the surface.

I want to thank you for sharing this most kind review and can only hope that you will return and our paths will cross again.

Take care of yourselves !