Reviews (5 377)
5 377 results
4 681
4 681
All reviewssand barelements restaurantour honeymoonred flagcarte blancheair purifiermary annhigh rise areabathroom mirrorjuan carloshappy hourromantic dinnerglass of champagnethe penthouseconcierge teamevery morningsunset sail
208 - 213 of 5 377 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The wife and I have been planning our 10 year anniversary (for what seemed like 12 years!). After last year's hurricanes we canceled our plans to go to SXM or DR. Next we chose Playa Del Carmen in Mexico, but canceled due to safety concerns.

We decided on Aruba, hoping we weren't bringing any bad luck. Since we were sans kids, it was a no-brainer to choose Bucuti & Tara, and they didn't disappoint! My wife surprised me with upgrading to the penthouse suite (5th floor of the Tara building). It was unbelievable. The views from the top floor were breathtaking. We've never done anything like this before, but it was totally worth it.

We had our own palapa, but there were enough umbrellas/lounge chairs for all the guests and some. Service is was impeccable and the staff were always welcoming and overall just nice folks!

The beach at Bucuti is HUGE. The water is beautiful (and colder than expected- but quickly got used to it). It was so relaxing- not KIDS!!!

We rented a car for a day through Bucuti which was so easy... no need to deal with a 3rd party rental car company- just contact concierge.

The only negative with this trip was they won't let you stay indefinitely ;-) It was hard leaving and next time we're staying for 10 days!

Thank you to all the Bucuti & Tara staff, servers, concierge, and bartenders! We are truly grateful to be your guests!

Room Tip: Best room in the resort: 341. Corner penthouse.
4  Thank appstate98
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Appstate98,
We are so happy that we were able to convert you into a Aruba lover. It is unfortunate that our sister Island Saint Maarten suffered so much devastation last year. We know from good sources that they are almost back one hundred percent and we applaud their resilience.
Aruba is so fortunate to be located so much further south and below the famous hurricane belt.
We are of course ecstatic about your accolades on our PH suite and our services and look forward to serve you again. Please do not wait to long as we only have 4 of these outstanding PH units and they are sold out most of the time and most customers book them 2-3 years in advance.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Martin and Juan at breakfast - so wonderful in every way; friendly and very attentive :) Nancy was so sweet and a fabulous omelet maker. John was the friendliest best bartender ever! Ignacio, Stefano, Frank, Mary-Ann, Mayra all above and beyond friendly and helpful. This is the most beautiful, relaxing and friendly resort we've ever been to. Perfect in every way :)

1  Thank Kathy E

Hello Kathy E,

We are so proud - we seem to have bested everything you have done in terms of vacations, and we thank you profusely for this write up.
All those named and more including me, await your return.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Beautiful Adults only location. Very quiet and beautiful with the best beach in Aruba. We even had a lot of locals tell us that the Bucuti beach is the best beach on the island, and we believe it. The food was exceptional and the drinks top notch. Rooms were nice (we stayed in a superior garden view) and the pool was always clean and beautiful. Never a lack of chairs and never had to ask twice for anything. However what stood out the most was the excellent service. Although I can't list all the wonderful people who went out of our way to make it the perfect vacation, I have to say that that staff at the bars and restaurants really stood out. In particular, Karen, John, Juan, Orville, Greg, and Aldrich went out of their way to be accommodating. Mario at the front door was always a pleasure and we certainly can't forget Shyron who I am not even sure what department he was in, because he helped with anything you needed :) If you are looking for a party location or a lot of entertainment on site, this is not the location for you ( go to the high rise section on Palm Beach for more activity). However, if you want a nice, quiet beach vacation with top notch food, service and accommodations, then the Bucuti is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, the garden view rooms only lack a view of water...nothing else.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sherylholton

You have picked the Best ! Best Beaches in the World #1, 2. 3 depending on the year. Whether on Tripadvisor, CondeNast, Islands Magazine or books like DreamBeaches of the world among others.
You also picked one of the Top Resorts - World, Best Caribbean Resort and Romantic Hotel of the World and the Caribbean voted on by millions of reviews worldwide. We are very proud of these accolades!
We are also very proud for having had you stay with us and endorsing us with Five Bubbles for top notch food, service and accommodations.
We hope to see and serve you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This resort was amazing. The staff, food, views, beverages, spa, etc. were fantastic. The staff took great care of my wife and I. It was out first trip w/out children and they made it memorable for us. You'll see one of the best sunsets on the island. I was impressed by how environmental conscious the hotel was. My wife and I had dinner at Elements the first night we were there and it was okay. Nothing bad by any means, but for the price I thought it could be a bit better.

The beach staff and the pool/ beach bar staff treated us like royalty. They really went above and beyond to make sure we could relax and have fun. The check-in process was something I had never experienced before. With a nice champagne welcome to walking us to a room to go over all the features, were extremely nice touches. I decided to do one of the Ocean Front Suites and pay a bit more; which was worth it in my mind. There was a bit of construction on the front of the building, but nothing that disrupted our stay by any means.

It was our first stay on the island and won't be our last. Obviously we won't be able to stay there with out children, but I hope to go back with my wife again in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Greetings Blake K

Thank you for your kind words about our resort and services. We are so glad we were able to cater to your wishes.
As to you comment on prices at Elements, please note that Elements Restaurant when compared with others offers similar prices - one difference would be that others add anywhere from 15 to 20 % as a service charge while we do not do so. So in fact we are at the end less costly when compared to other similar oceanfront restaurants.
We thank you for your review and hope to serve you again.
Masha Danki

Reviewed 25 June 2018

You will feel like a VIP from the moment you arrive at the resort! My wife and I took a cab from the airport ($22+tip) and were met by the doorman at the drop-off point outside the hotel. He warmly welcomed us and escorted us into the hotel where we were greeted with smiles and a glass of champagne right out of the 1970's Fantasy Island show (I was half expecting Ricardo Montalbán) before we were handed off to a concierge. The concierges at this hotel handle check-in, check-out, and all activities. Our concierge sat down with us, checked us in, gave us keys, and explained everything we needed to know about the hotel. Once we were all set, she escorted us to our room to describe the room features and options. We were given 100% of someone's attention from the minute we exited the cab until we were left alone in our room. We got settled in our room at the Bucuti on the third floor and decided to check-out the beach bar. The open-air bar is circular and located right on the beach. When we arrived, it was 82F and breezy. We kicked back at the bar, ordered a couple drinks, listened to the live music, and anxiously anticipated our weeklong adventure. The entire week was fantastic, I can tell you the amount of activity you want to invest is entirely up to you. Once at the resort everything is a short walk. If you kick back at the beach, the chairs, umbrellas, chair covers, and towels are provided at no charge, and the seating area is resort guests only. Kick back in your chair at the beach, raise the built-in flag and one of the attentive attendants will get you whatever you need. My wife asked me to point out we loved the Wednesday movie on the beach! We typically try new vacation locations, I will look for any excuse to revisit the Bucuti and Tara Resort.
Points to consider: Aruba is very windy; the winds make the temperatures very comfortable. However, be prepared that anything outdoors will be breezy (15mph+). For lack of a better term, Aruba is very Americanized. We were told 70% of tourism is from the United States. Power cords from the U.S. work in Aruba as they use the NEMA standard. The Resort is gorgeous, but the lobby and front of the hotel are under construction (June 2018). We almost rented a car, it would not have been worth it. Cabs are very inexpensive, and the roads are narrow and very busy. Cab prices from the low-rise area (Bucuti and Tara) to downtown or the high rise area are ($9 and $12). Unfortunately, I do not remember which was which. Yoga on the beach starts early! My wife and another guest had reserved two spots of the eight available and showed up at 7am, and they had already begun. They did not want to interrupt, but I can not help but wonder why they would start early considering we confirmed the session the night before. This was my only frustration with the Resort.
Our week consisted of visits to the high-rise area (restaurants, shopping, clubs, and casinos), downtown (mostly shopping, but there are some restaurants), Senses Fine Dining (located at the resort), Elements Romantic Dinner on the beach, Elements breakfast and lunch, Spanish Lagoon VIP Cruise, Sweetheart Sunset Sail, VIP Tour of the island, Couples massage at the Purun Spa (located in the Tara building on the resort), Gianni's Ristorante Italiano (high-rise area), Sea Salt Restaurant (downtown), TOF (Taste of Flavors, located across the street from the resort), and Pizza Bob's (located across the street from the resort). Feel free to message me about any of these items.

7  Thank David K
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Greetings David K,

You were a VIP, we consider everyone of our guests VIP's and that is one of the reasons we did away with our Front desk and reception. Personal attention is what creates repeat visitors and from the many reviews here one can notice that almost everyone is a repeat visitor - even our first time visitors who usually are honeymooners, come back for their anniversaries.
Consider yourself a VIP every time your return - we are awaiting to serve you again.