“Excellent!!!”

Price range: US$27 - US$49
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We always eat here while in Aruba. Excellent, excellent meat. Best I’ve ever had! Great service. The flan is outstanding. The sangria is awesome. Don’t miss it! The decor is dark wood & a bit dark overall but it’s a nice break from the tropical sun.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 481)

18 - 22 of 3 481 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant had it all. The ambiance, the food, the drinks, the service, the quality.
You'll truly enjoy your night here. My daughter had the steak, I had the fish. Delicious, tasty.
You definitely will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first trip to Aruba and looked up some reviews for restaurants but not a ton before going, we often like to ask the locals for recommendations when traveling. Our taxi driver from the airport told us of a few flood places , but steak is by far our favorite so we made a note to remember when he said El Gaucho was the best steakhouse on the island. We tired another Argentinian steak house for dinner right near our hotel, and it was really good, but then we went to El Gaucho for an early dinner a few nights later and OMG it was most certainly the best, perfectly cooked and most flavorful meals we have ever had (and we like trying Ruths Chris, capital grille, Morton’s, we love Brazilian restaurants). The prices were fine, especially compared to many of those high end type places, and also compared with prices in general in Aruba. My husband got he largest steak and it was this huge piece of meat, yet so perfectly cooked, still pink inside with a nice char outside and the taste was just amazing. I got the mixed grill to try a few things, and they were ALL so good. I also appreciated that the vegetable sides we ordered were also the best we had the entire trip.
I would absolutely return to this restaurant, and I’d be torn to order something different because I just loved the things we got, but I’m sure everything on the menu would be good.
El Gaucho was a highlight of our trip (we’ll just one of the highlights, I mean it’s Aruba, so it was all great). But we would definitely return, and would absolutely recommend El Gaucho.

1  Thank kristen902
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the filet and lobster combo. Excellent, well prepared. They made sure I was not exposed to garlic ( a food intolerance for me). We enjoyed the meal, setting and service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited many countries, and perhaps there is a restaurant serving steak as well prepared, but we have never experienced a better meal. I urge everyone to visit this exceptional restaurant during their vacation!