All reviews italian guests italian resort italian family italian influence sales manager large pool mediterranean style third floor fridge freezer restaurant staff quiet hotel longer stay runaway beach min drive prickly pear island plenty of sunbeds cable tv
Reviewed 4 October 2018

A lovely small resort, everything revolves around the 'one and only' bar, nothing in reception. All the staff were friendly our room was very clean and served every day. The location is away from other attractions, so if you want quiet it's great, there was live entertainment on some evenings. I found the slowly colour change lighting added another dimension to evenings. The noise of crickets/frogs was really quite loud which put us off sitting around the pool after dark. From my 'very good' score you can tell that I enjoyed the stay but there were a couple of things that could have been better.
I reported a problem with a smoke detector in our room, twice before I took the battery out of the unit and reported it a 3rd time when I took the battery to reception.
Never did get fixed (I do realise that H&S rules may be different).
We were never told about the bottled water situation, I went to the bar, asked for a bottle of beer and a bottle of water, that will be $3 please for the water. They do refill your own bottles and supply small bottles in the rooms though.

Slippery when wet: Around the pool, corridors and even in the rooms once the surfaces were wet they were slippery, caution very much required.

Finally I asked reception if my tour company had left transfer instructions, they said no...they had.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Iamyan
Reviewed 30 September 2018

The hotel is great, has great amenities and the food is beyond amazing. A good variety of Italian cuisine. The only thing that bothered me is that they advertise it to be an all adult resort, but I've seen kids from time to time and people usually pay a little more for an all adult all inclusive resort. Overall, it's a great place to stay at. If ever anyone needs a friendly cab driver to go around and about, I highly suggest you contact Tready at +1 268 778-2980 on WhatsApp. He's always there on time, glad to show you around depending on what you would like to see and is very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
9  Thank _anastasiakalmykov
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Love the resort as it is a beautiful Property with fantastic staff and excursions to chose from. The beach is not great but amazing beaches are located 15 Minutes away by taxi at $15USD. It is advertised as adult only but kids are Sometimes on site.

For the best taxi driver check out the photos for his business card. As two females travelling solo he really made the difference for us. Tready was amazing everyday, always on time, great local suggestions and ensured we were safe every single day. I hope everyone that gets to the island meets Tready. He will change how you see your trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Taryn M
Reviewed 7 September 2018

It was a wonderful experience, food was great, free shuttle to a wonderful beach runaway bay was great, especially the coolers with ice, drinks and . Staff was wonderful especially Vincent, Marhew, Debbie, Rhonda and Guisy and of course other staff members. It is the only resort I experienced they will pack a healthy balanced meal if you are going out On a personal outing. We would have enjoyed more nightly entertainment. No activity, we understand but music will at least help to burn off some of the calories from the wonderful delicious food. Some volleyball opportunity or paddle boat, some fishing rods would be great. The excuse of low season was unacceptable.

Room Tip: We had an excellent affordable oceanview
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank zoridafyzul
Reviewed 5 September 2018

This small hotel is very quiet, just what we wanted. The pool is very large for such a small place, they should put more umbrellas in this area. The 2 small beaches are pleasant, unfortunately, this time of year, seaweeds are present, they cleaned the beaches everyday and no bad smell was present. Because of this situation, the hotel offers a free shuttle to Runaway Beach including chairs, umbrellas, they also bring a cooler with juices, beer, rhum, soft drinks. Also, they offer other shuttles to other beaches and charge 20$, but no inclusion, chairs and umbrellas go for about 20$ per couple. In a way, it's interesting, we saw very beautiful beaches. The rooms are a good size, basic, but comfortable and very clean. Our bed was great ! The restaurant is very pleasant, overlooking the ocean, ahhhh miss it already ! The employees at the hotel are great! Always smiling and helpful. A special thank you to Matthew and Kery Ann, those two are a big plus for the hotel. Vincent is all over the place, making sure that everything is good for you. The food is served as a buffet style for the all inclusive. Very well prepared, a good selection and tasty. Good chefs! We had a great time in Antigua. I travel quite a lot, and often have stomach issues, but none at this hotel. This place is very relaxing, loved it ! It is an adult only hotel. The owners are so nice, very available, I wish them all the best! Rossana is also very helpful and a real gem !

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple