“Ripped right off! Staff need some intense customer service training l!!”
Review of Vue Cwmbran

Vue Cwmbran
Ranked #2 of 10 Fun & Games in Cwmbran
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My friends and I have come here twice now and both times the customer service has been awful! Popcorn was quite literally thrown over us on our first visit and it just got even worse the second time! We were told that it was an extra £1.50 for 3D which we assumed was the price for the glasses. The cashier could clearly see that we did not realise that it would be in 3D and yet failed to tell us that it would be an extra £1 for the glasses after we’d gone through the process of all 5 of us paying separately. She was more than willing to just let us walk in to the screen with no glasses to be able to see it after she’d repeatedly heard us say to each other ‘where do we get the glasses from?’ We really like Vue Cinemas but we will most definitely not be coming back to this one!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"counter"
"audience"

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Great film despite what the critics say. The venue is good with very comfortable reclining leather seats. Only reservation I have is if you don’t like sitting close to the screen, always select a back row seat.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

After a gap of some time, as a result of some awful previous existences, I returned to be very impressed with the amazing reclining seats.
Meanwhile, the angry gentleman stuck in a loo with no toilet paper was a portent of things to come.
YET again, a film is ruined by thing children, about 3-4 yrs old, walking around aimlessly, running up and down the isles and generally being a total nuisance...
Why oh why does Vue continue to allows very young going children in, to films of obviously more adult content (even if it is a parental advisory certificate)? Last year it was three films on consecutive visits and that's when I decided to stop going. Well now I've come to the same decision again.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This is a brilliant cinema every seat is electrically reclining and has lots of extra space, as you’d expect from a vue cinema the sound and picture is nothing less than amazing, and good value for money so why not a 5⭐️ rating? The cleaners simply need to pay more attention to detail between shows, sticky seats, popcorn on the floor ect a real shame.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Vue used to be very highly priced and for a family it could become a very expensive day out . Recently Vue has drooped their prices and it is now more affordable. They have also upgraded seats to comfy reclining leather ones with so much leg room. One con to this is that there isn't as much room as you need to be quick in buying your tickets if you go in a group to watch a popular film because chances of picking your seats or being all together in a big screening is slim. Make sure you carry ID. On one occasion my mother and I went to buy tickets to watch a age 15 film. getting in proved to be quite the challenge when I was asked to give ID , at the age of 15 not many teenagers have ID resulting in the only proof of age being a passport. The staff was not trusting of my mothers word when she confirmed my age so I had to get someone at home to take a photograph of my passport and send it to me, they accepted this and we were able to watch the film with no other problems. The film showing quality is brilliant and sound is excellent . It is a same however that need of ID isn't advertised/clearly shown on their website, if you do go watch a age restricted film make sure to photograph your passport with your picture and date of birth clear to see or bring ID.

Date of experience: April 2018