The Parkway Hotel & Spa
  • Bar/Lounge
Glenroy Hotel(Newport)
Reviews (1 224)
1 224 results
All reviewscakesafternoon tealog fireleisure facilitiesbar areawedding partylovely hotelevening mealbirthday treattom joneswaiting staffmember of stafffunction roomfood was lovelystaff were very helpfulduty managerovernight stay
FilterAll languages
8 - 13 of 1 224 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Currently still here till Sunday 1st April but what a lovely hotel
Great food
lovely friendly staff
Rooms are great and really clean
Breakfast was great this morning
Free WiFi and parking
Everything you need in your room
Iron
ironing board
Towels
Toiletries
Tea / coffee
Budweiser behind the bar an absolute winner for me
Highly recommend hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had relatives down to visit from Birmingham last Sunday and decided to dine at the Parkway for Sunday lunch, well they were very impressed with the quality of food served, the staff and service. Table booked for 2.30 all went very smoothly and managed impeccably by the restaurant manageress, unfortunately i didn't get her name, but one member of the bar staff who deserves a special mention was Bea, who looked after our party with great service at the bar and with a smile. Highly recommend Sunday lunch at the Parkway.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I recently stayed during the snow where we booked a few nights as it was closer to where I work. We had an absolutely fabulous stay where all staff were helpful and friendly, we were made to feel special and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was good and plentiful with a full English and continental option where you could help yourself, they also had a great selection at lunch with various cold meats and pies with a help yourself salad selection along with other choices. We had a bar meal in the evening which again was of good quality and reasonably priced for a 4* hotel. All in all a fabulous stay, thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a garden view, very relaxing
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms, lounge and restaurant were all spotless and maintained to a good standard. The food was good although my partner was slightly disappointed by the steak, my fish was lovely. The rates were good value with breakfast included and staff friendly. Decor and overall feel of the hotel is a bit dated but I quite enjoyed the somewhat retro feel.
Didn't use the spa but looked in from viewing area and it looked nice. Busy on a Saturday with live music and plenty of people, so very comfortable place to relax. Would come again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived just before the time the table was booked. We were shown to our table and given menus. We then sat waiting for about 15 minutes for our order to be taken but we were happy to wait. A couple came in after us and were served before us but we were in no rush. However we were not offered anything to drink and although other tables were offered bread rolls we were not. They brought our first course which was delicious and I pointed out to the waiter we had not been offered a drink or a bread roll roll to which he apologised but still did not bring a bread roll or drink. The main course was a carvery which again was delicious as was the dessert. It is the service which lets this place down. The staff are all very nice but every time we go the service lets it down. Food is scrummy though which is why we keep going back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Cheryl M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with regards to your recent lunch.

Please accept my sincere apologies that service was below standard and be assured that I will address this our restaurant team immediately.

I appreciate all types of feedback and thank you very much for highlighting this. I do hope you dine with us again and see first hand that we not only listen to our guests but we act promptly to rectify any issues.

Kind regards