“Hmmm, nice food bad service.”

The Cricketers Kew Green
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated opposite the cricket pitch on Kew Green, we are purveyors of fine wines and good times. We're also are no strangers to lovely mouthwatering food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Working at the Kew herbarium my colleagues and I popped out for a bite of lunch. Lovely setting, clean pub, nice decor, good menu choice - all sounded promising.

However we waited an extremely long time for 2 burgers and a hot pork roll and the pub was virtually empty. After about 30 minutes my colleague enquired. They'd check. No one got back to us. Maybe 15 mins later 1 meal arrived and we were assured that the other 2 were on their way. 10 minutes later after watch my colleague eat a d trying desperately not to steal his chips I enquired at the bar - the food shouldn't have gone to us, it was the correct meal but not from our order. So we waited and eventually the other meals arrived, without the rosemary mayo but I was so hungry I didn't complain. Wasted a lot of precious work time at the herbarium. Staff didn't seem particularly worried by whatever mistake had been made. Disappointed. Will go to the Botanist next time.

1  Thank comet_moth

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

2 meals (pork belly) that are on the menu apparently don’t exist. We ordered them but they didn’t show up, the overworked staff apoligised but we had to wait for 2 mains to arrive about 20 mins after we had finished. It’s. It not even busy.....this pub needs new management. Falling apart at the seems. No amount of refurbishment, decent interior design and of course lovely view over the wicket, can make up for the inadequacy of the basic food service. I don’t want 10% off the bull, I want decent food well served. Stick to beers and crisps.

2  Thank DommieG
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this pub after visiting Kew Gardens as it looked nice and overlooked the cricket green. The bar service was very slow. However, we decided to order food so ordered 4 meals, one of which was a 3 pot meal for £10. After about 20 minutes the 3 pot meal arrived but no sign of the other three meals. My husband went to the bar to chase this and was told the 3 pot meal had been put through as a starter even though we didn’t ask for this. The other three meals arrived about 20 minutes later by which time I had finished my meal! We also waited 25 minutes at the bar for the next drink & were then given the wrong change. Having complained to the ‘manager’ we were eventually offered a voucher which we noticed as we were leaving was out of date. We were told there was nothing they could do! The attitude of two members of staff we spoke to was that they didn’t care. I visited the ladies toilet to find the seat broken and no soap available to was hands. This pub has a problem with standards and needs to improve their customer service. I commend the chef as the food was nice.

Kris C, General Manager at The Cricketers Kew Green, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking for ways to improve our service.

We are pleased you enjoyed the food and have passed on your kind words to the chef. As the weekend is our busiest time of the week, the wait time for food may be a little longer than usual. We apologise for the confusion with the 3 for 10 being served separately from the other mains and I have spoken to our team to ensure they clarify whether they are to be served together or separately before putting through an order in future.

I have filed an urgent maintenance request to fix the broken seat in the ladies and have restocked all the toiletries. On busy weekends, soap and other toiletries may deplete at a faster rate than usual and we do our best to keep on top of this but can only apologise for this instance.

I will be speaking to the members of staff on shift to address the way they tried resolving the situation to ensure we provide the best experience we can from here on out.

If you would like to visit us again in the near future, we can arrange replacement vouchers for you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've never seen or experienced such rudeness from behind the bar for a very long while. Unbelievably bad.

Hi Mark

We are glad you enjoyed your drink and deeply apologise for the way in which our team members performed. I will be speaking to each member individually on shift of the day of your visit to address this concern to ensure it is an isolated incident and not a recurrence.

I apologise again and hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to rectify your experience.

Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I asked for gluten free options, was handed a folder that would have taken a lunch hour to navigate. Settled on a chicken and bacon baked potato, It was microwaved and contained about 1cm3 of either chicken or bacon, it was in such miniscule pieces, it could have been anything. Such a shame for a lovely, English pub, in a very touristy location. My friends lunch was equally dismal. We were looking for a nice pub lunch, we had a second rate fast food offering.

Hi Geraldine

Thank you for giving us your feedback as we are always looking to improve. We apologise that your experience was not the best and we will take on board your comments and pass them onto the team.

Please be aware that under the legal guidelines for dietary requirements, we are unable to advise which dishes may be suitable but have to show you the list of ingredients in each dish to enable you to make an informed decision. I can only apologise that a member of the team didn't explain the layout of the book to help you understand the contents.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with the best customer experience.

Regards