“Bella Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Wife began with antipasti of crepes baked with mushrooms and truffles in a cheese sauce and I had a salad of thin sliced pear, walnuts, Roquefort cheese, oil and balsamic. Then we had tortellini stuffed with pumpkin smothered in cheese and butter and gnocchi in pesto sauce.
We finished with desserts of panna cotta and hot zambaione and Cantucci cookies.
The food is superb. The tastes are unlike any we have experienced back home. The food is served hot and the portions are fine. The service is smooth and attentive. Prices are reasonable. The restaurant is pleasant and open.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Wow! I knew as soon as I saw the menu. Forget the diet! I HAD to have the pasta and the meat (and the sautéed porcini mushrooms with paper thin slices of potato) and I was right. The pasta (tordelli al burro e salvia) was homemade, fresh, light, like little pillows of heaven. So good, no sauce necessary. My husband had the sliced steak with Gorgonzola, delicious. I followed with a veal scallopini with lemon sauce that was out of this world! Desserts were not the very best but the meal was so, so good that who cares!
Do not miss and make sure to reserve in advance. We were the only tourists there and it was packed! All locals who obviously know where to find the best meal around!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 17 February 2015

We ate at this restaurant twice during our recent trip to Rivergaro and both meals were excellent and reasonably priced. The service was excellent and although the waitress didn't speak English and our Italian is limited, we were not made to feel intimidated and we understood each other perfectly! Try the local specialities as you won't get them out of the region; the pisarei a faso is the best we've ever had!
Well worth a visit to this very clean, friendly restaurant with lovely views and atmosphere. We look forward to eating here again.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The last time that my wife and I visited Bellaria was in 2005 at a family gathering. Bellaria was originally built and operated by my Italian family and remained so until 1980 when it changed ownership. The current owners continue to operate Bellaria with the same care and quality as in the past. In fact, they have done an excellent job redesigning and redecorating the trattoria so that today it is unquestionably one of the best, most attractive in the Rivergaro, Italy area.

On this occasion my wife and I stopped at Bellaria for a light pranzo. We both chose the anolini piacentini, a spinach and ricotta stuffed pasta served in a butter sauce and covered with Parmesan cheese (formaggio grattugiata). This very tasty dish was preceded by a house salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. Naturally, this was accompanied by a house white wine. Delicious!

As a bonus, we were seated by the windows that overlooked the Trebbia River (Fiume Trebbia) and the hills beyond the river with the scenic Castello di Stato and the Chiesa di Stato that made the panoramic view even more pleasing.

Bellaria is frequented mostly by locals (they know the best places). But, if you are a tourist passing through or visiting Rivergaro be sure to stop at Bellaria for an excellent pranzo or la cena.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Have been visiting this restaurant for many years and have never had cause to leave a morsel of food.
The staff are attentive without being overbearing.
If you want serious Italian family atmosphere go on a Sunday, but book far in advance and expect service to be a little slower.
Superb