“Easter dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on Easter Monday with a group of 13 mixed adults and children. The waiting staff were brilliant especially Max, Zoe and Vicky! They made everything so easy and the food was fab. We had a big space so we didn’t feel cramped. There were a few elements of our dishes that weren’t present or swapped for something else which was a shame but that of course didn’t have anything to do with the front of house staff! They served with a smile and went above and beyond so we could have a lovely easter dinner with the whole family including the dog!

1  Thank Phoebe S
Morgan R, General Manager at Waterwitch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi phoebe,

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your visit and I will pass on your thanks to Vicki, max and Zoe for their great service!

We can’t wait to see you in the near future,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My second visit here in last 6 months. Service was really good as before. Since my previous visit the portion sizes have reduced but prices not changed. I had fish pie which was yummers but didn't have as much fish content as the first one I had. Bit disappointing. My Brother-in-Law at a fish dish which had also reduced in portion size. Will think twice about going back. But certainly cant fault taste of food or the Customer Service.

Hi Maggi,

Thankyou for your feedback and compliments on how our service has improved, I will certainly pass on your feedback to our head office about the portion sizes,

Hope to see you in the near future,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arrived for a late lunch and had booked a table. We all ate from the set menu which included sea bass, gammon and sausage and mash after a whitebait starter. All good but though only a few people in, the service thereafter fell away and the apple pie was average. So they can serve decent food if they try. Price reasonable place but could be so much better. Chef and Brewer usually better.

Hi Paul,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us some feedback, I’m sorry that you felt the service wasn’t up to it’s usual standard. I wil certainly pass this information to the management team to help train our staff. I will also pass on your food comments to the head chef to help improve dis quality,

Again thank you for your feedback,

Morgan rabet

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not worth the money, missing bits of the butchers block , had no fishing man platers either . Won’t be eating there again but lovely for a drink

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi Kerri,

Many thanks for contacting us for your feedback, I believe Vicki has invited you back for a complementary meal, I hope that we can restore your faith in us and can’t wait to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We used to go to this pub/restaurant years ago and loved sitting in the beautiful garden which goes down to the Odiham canal, watching the ducks and swans whilst eating a bar meal. Visited recently with my grown up son and although service was excellent the quality of the food was disappointing, and the tables were not cleaned.

2  Thank wiseowl022018

Hi Wiseowl022018,

I’m sorry that the food on your recent visit was not up to our usual standard, we have since had a new head chef take over and he is currently training a new team to improve food quality, thank you for complementing the service I will pass your feedback onto our servers, and will certainly discuss the dirty table in our next team meeting,

We hope to see you in the near future,

Mprgan Rabet