“Fantastic Tour!!!”

Tartan Tours
Ranked #7 of 12 things to do in Bo'ness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Day tours around Central Scotland to places of interest. Specialising in Outlander Film Location Tours. Pre planned tours and also Private Customised Tours on request.
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

in 2 reviews

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I used Gordon's Taxi service for a trip to Stirling Castle while in Scotland last week. Although it wasn't a tour per se (I didn't know the name of Gordon's tours at the time). We had used Gordon's taxi to pick us up in Edinburgh and take us to Linlithgow where we were staying, so when I needed a taxi to Stirling Castle, I contacted Gordon. He dropped us off at the castle and then picked us up in the afternoon at the Wallace Monument. He took us by the railway in Bo'ness which wasn't open at the time, so we didn't really stop, but it was something that we hadn't seen on our other tours. He also showed us other sites that we had not seen and was very informative. If I ever get back to that area, I will certainly call on Gordon. Loved seeing the picture of him in his costume for his part as an extra in Outlander.

Date of experience: September 2017
Gordon D, Owner at Tartan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hello Jean,

Thank you very much for saying such nice things. How did you find me on here :)
I'm glad you all had a great time here in Scotland. When you come back please look me up and we can do it all again.

Gordon

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I cannot express in words how wonderful this tour was. Gordon picked us up promptly from our hotel and we had the entire van to ourselves. He was full of so much information about Scotland, Scottish history, Scottish people, and the terrain too! We got so much more than we even bargained for.

My sister and I booked this tour our second day in Scotland. We have been obsessed with the TV series and wanted to see all of the sites, but we did not want to have to have the headache of trying to navigate all of them, figure out what order we should see them and worry about what side of the road we should be driving on. This tour was the perfect answer to our needs!

Gordon drove to all the places easily and quickly. He talked about sites on the way, had a photo guide to help us remember what scenes of the movie took place where. We were given the inside scoop to many of the attractions and we met so many wonderful people along the way. I can't recommend this tour enough!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank D'Arcy B
Gordon D, Owner at Tartan Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you very much for your lovely review. So glad you and your sister enjoyed the tour. Hope to see you back soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My friend and I traveled to Scotland a couple days early so that we could do the “Outlander Tour” before boarding a ship for a cruise along the coast and islands. Our cruise was wonderful but our day touring with Gordon was the highlight of our trip! It will always be one of my favorite memories. Gordon was so knowledgeable about everywhere we went and shared anecdotes of some of his experiences, including as an extra on the Outlander series. We were thoroughly entertained and by the end of the day it felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Elle_WY11

Lorelle you told me all about the fabulous trip you had planned so I doubt very much I was the highlight. But thank you for saying it :) I'm so glad you and your friend enjoyed the day out. I had a blast. Please come back anytime.