All reviews breakfast and lunch outdoor shower our honeymoon plunge pool every meal fish main building warm sea a la carte sun loungers catch of the day relaxing holiday rum punch total relaxation poster bed food and wine the cottages
Reviewed 8 October 2018

From the moment we arrived, we relaxed. Hassle free check in, with a rum punch in our hands. Clint greeted us like we were old friends, and at the end of the stay, we felt like we were, with him and most of the staff.
The view, the seating and the beach is spectacular and calming, which made us in no rush to get to our room. Even tho it was ready.
We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and the room was set up as if we here honeymooners. Lisa, is the best! She takes her job personally and made sure that our room was comfortable and well stocked. Any problems she’ll fix it.
The sit down service for all meals is something that you don’t get in most all inclusives. And after this trip, I could never go back to buffets. Meals are made to order, hot, fresh and served with a smile. The portions for breakfast and lunch may appear to be small but keep in mind that you can custom order. Yes, Doug,sausage and bacon with a meat lovers omelet is ok.. You will not leave hungry. Plan for a calm soul, tan lines and a few extra pounds.
Sandy will get to know you, and the next time you sit for breakfast or lunch, your coffee, tea or mimosas will be there. She is smiley, happy, friendly and attentive. Odeal is just the same. Miss you both. Jameel, your smile is infectious.

Florence, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything! You made our special day even more special. And all the others in between.

The dinners are served on the upper part of the deck. Candlelight, tablecloths, and a caring staff. Roan, knows his wines and will get to know you. He’s one great guy. Sorry other dinner staff, don’t remember all your names. But thank you.

Love that there is a dress code, coverups and shoes required for breakfast and lunch and for dinner it is so ok dress nice, dresses for women and button downs for men.

Music is not every night but I wouldn’t want it. When they did have it, I have to say some were good and others just ok. This is not the place to go if you want the club scene.

We would have loved to have tried some local dishes, ducana, Pepperpot, conch (in fairness, I’m not sure if it was in season), Saltfish and Fungi etc. I’m suggesting that perhaps a day of local flair. A local artist or two in the lobby during the day, Antiguan food and music.

If you don’t want to feel like your in the islands, if bugs bother you, and you want late party nights, and busy days, then this place is NOT for you. If you want to reconnect with your partner, vacation without tv, put phones down, walk slowly on the beach, recline in a Bali bed and get a touch of who Antiguans are, then by all means, make this your choice couples vacation.

For the very few downsides.
Rustic it is, but a few touches of color or Antiguan art would have been welcomed in the rooms.
They were renovating while we there, there were flower pots in a the middle of the cabin area, there were men working and it was not really very attractive. But, again, we did go in downtime. I’m sure it is going to be much improved.

The owner was on-site overseeing and actually sat behind us at lunch. It would have been nice if he talked to the guests.

The pool is hard to reach and not something to talk about.

The “gift shop” don’t count on it. Never was open and not well stocked. Keyonna should run it, not an outside party. So remember to bring bug spray (and use it before every meal) and suntan lotion.

Overall: We don’t vacation to a place that we’ve been before but Keyonna Beach will possibly be the exception.

(Hopefully this will be shared with the staff, they need to know what a difference they made.)

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Keyonna was exactly as advertised in that its a couples resort, focused on unwinding and helping couples focus on connecting with each other. The resort is small which may be ideal depending on what you are looking for. The size of the resort made it ideal for not waiting for tables at breakfast or dinner or fighting for beach cabanas. With that being said this resorts doesn't have a whole lot of entertainment but it does offer small entertainments on certain days.
The staff felt like they were your family always smiling and greeting you as you saw them each day. Sandy and Odeal always new our breakfast order of coffee and tea whenever we sat. Clint and Glida were attentive at the front desk offering every service and assisted in getting us our favorite cab driver Cordel. Dinner time Victoria and Rohan were very attentive and always kept the drinks flowing and food coming.
We did a decent amount of excursions, Shirley Heights party on Sundays is a MUST!!.. be advised that other sites prices this a lot higher and our hotel offered it for 1/2 the price we paid of $43. SO book at the hotel. We also did drinks at Sheer rocks for an awesome sunset and the historical island tour with Barry who knew EVERYTHINGG ABOUT THE ISLAND.
The hotel and rooms can definitely do with some updating. We stayed in room #11 and when you walked everything shook. There was a small rain storm one night so we had some minor flooding issues which was resolved with some towels, and after speaking with another guest found out she had a flooding issue as well. But we both didn't make a big deal about it since things happens.
Keyonna is definitely located on one of the better beaches in Antigua, no seaweeds and miles of sandy beach. Definitely ideal for a quiet romantic trip. Bring a book or your laptop( for movies)

Room Tip: Choose stand alone cottages or cottages on top floor
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasha M
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I'm writing this review a year and a half after my visit to Keyonna, but better late than never! For me, Keyonna will always hold a special place in my heart as it is where my now husband proposed. Besides the proposal, there is something about this quiet, small little resort that makes it so special. Upon arrival we were greeting with the most delicious rum drink I have ever tasted and had our check in on the beautiful deck overlooking the water.
We stayed in one of the beach house rooms #11, first floor not facing the ocean. The room was nice, cabin-like feel. The shower was an outdoor shower, which could be cool, but in march I found it to be very chilly showering at night with the cool breeze. I also think the hot water seemed to go pretty fast when showering at night as I imagine everyone was getting ready at the same time in the main building.
My husband and I are beach people...love to tan, relax, drink, chill on the beach all day long. We ALWAYS had a great spot, two chairs and the same cabana everyday. Never had to fight for space or get up early to reserve spots like you would at a Sandals or other large AI resorts. Should also add our room was a one minute walk to our spot on the beach, so super easy to run to the bathroom, or grab something from the room. Every spot or cabana is pretty spaced out on the beach so you are not right on top of another couple.
Breakfast and dinner were at the one and only restaurant everyday. Breakfasts were great, dinners were OK, but I must add the wine sommelier was amazing. I can't remember his name, but always greeting us with a big smile, super knowledgeable about wines, and made sure on the evening we had gotten engaged set up our dinner table at the best spot in the restaurant with a bottle of champagne.
The manager of the resort was there every morning at breakfast to greet guests and make sure all was ok and we were enjoying our trip.
All in all for me it was a beautiful, memorable trip. All the staff was kind, helpful, and made sure we had a great trip. If you are looking for a VERY quiet, romantic, relaxation vacation in a small boutique hotel with a limited amount of guests this is your spot.
Thank you Keyonna for the memories!

Room Tip: I suggest either the beachfront pool cottage or the beach house rooms on the top floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Long review but please read - improvements to be made. We stayed here in June for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon. On arrival we were told that someone else was in our room so they downgraded us and we wouldn’t get our room until the next day. I was shocked as we had booked our honeymoon through Kuoni over a year in advance and we had paid for the beachfront cottage with pool. When I asked the receptionist why and said we were disappointed as this was our honeymoon and we were only there for a short time she simply shrugged her shoulders?! She did not offer anything up to smooth things over just basically tough luck. We emailed Kuoni back in the UK who were fantastic and got in contact with the hotel straight away. They lied to Kuoni telling them it was an electrical fault that caused our room not to be ready but they told us again that day and the following day we had to wait for people to check out before we could get in. As Kuoni got involved they refunded us for the first night so we thought ok let’s put it behind us and enjoy our time.

Day two - we finally get into our room and it was great. Loved the plunge pool, room was bright and airy, outdoor showers were em interesting but something different. So we were pretty happy with the room except no champagne on arrival as our brochure said but no big deal. Then we go to the bar later that day where a barman we had never spoken to said “are you happy now you got your room”. I felt very uncomfortable. This is the attitude we had from the staff the rest of our stay, they clearly didn’t like us because we had asked to get our room (what we paid for). The staff would ask couples in front of us and behind us for more drinks but completely ignore us. At dinner we would sit down and couples that came after us were served and had left before we got our main course. The food we got on several occasions was cold, my husband tried to ask to get another plate and the waitress completely ignored us. I had to get up to get the sommelier to ask for new plate, he got a waiter who came over and asked what the problem was. My husband said the food is cold and it’s seafood so can I please have a new plate? He huffed and puffed, rolled his eyes and stormed off without saying a word. They have no idea about customer service, they don’t seem to want to be there. The sommelier was nice and two of the ladies were nice at meal times but that was it.

We felt so awkward and uncomfortable during our stay due to the staff being so rude or ignoring us. There were no smiles, no chat and we felt like an inconvenince. We had just come from St Lucia where we had the most amazing time so this really put a downer on our honeymoon and by the end of the five days I couldn’t wait to get home.

Don’t get me wrong this place has a beautiful beach, the food is decent when hot and cocktails are good. But this is not a place for romance as advertised, not even close. It was mainly full of groups of Italians and Americans getting drunk. Only entertainment 3 times a week and there’s nowhere to go so evenings were pretty boring, even a little music would be good. I didn’t like the two big stray dogs that would hang about the restaurant or come up to your room while sunbathing on the beach.

In summary, wouldn’t recommend to anyone. This place needs to teach their staff some manners or get some new staff entirely. We were so excited to come here and it was the biggest let down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Slinky88
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Arrived at Keyonna Beach and was greeted and given a rum punch, almost immediately you felt welcomed and relaxed. We stayed in room 23 in the beach house, facing the ocean, the room was large and the balcony spacious with sofa and chairs, outdoor shower was unique and is so lovely to shower outside. The air conditioning was great and I didn’t feel at all warm during the night. The bed huge and very comfy. Housekeeping was good but a little hit and miss, some days I had a hair towel as well as a large towel and face towels other days no face towels or hair towels. Mini bar was stocked with water, sprite coke and beer, on one of the days we had bottled beer but no opener. Food was very very good with a wide range of choices and was lovely to sit and be waited on rather than buffets. The portions were not huge but you never felt hungry after your meal and you could order what you liked and more if needed. The staff were always polite and attentive but I did feel that sometimes they seemed fed up. The resort could be improved very slightly with little touches, although we had little issues this by no means made our stay any less than excellent. This boutique resort is everything you could wish for, the beach is amazing, bring a snorkel as you can see fish, crab and rays. Don’t expect shiny 5* but this resort is pure bliss, rustic, and feels very Caribbean, I will definitely return to this beautiful island

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple