“Got charged a different price to what was advertised”

1904 Bistro Americain
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Kloof
Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

I went there with my friend for the Wing special. When bill came I was charged R129 insteadof R99. Called the manager and he told us the price on their Facebook page has not been updated. I even showed him the Facebook post but he maintained that pricing had changed and the Facebook had not updated tge page sad 😢

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank Buhle M

Reviewed 25 March 2021

The first time I went there, I had an amazing experience. But tonight I had an appaling experience. The manager, Jolene, was racist and had degrading undertones! I practically couldn't believe it!

Date of visit: March 2021
4  Thank DubeSiya
Reviewed 31 January 2021

We were warmly welcomed and quickly served freshly sanitized menus and drinks;(there is a HUGE choice of alcoholic drinks BUT, lockdown restrictions eliminated that choice!). There is a wide ranging menu but steaks, burgers and mixed sea-food dishes are the best. Chairs were comfortable and the background music just right. Food came quickly and the steak was just right - the pulled pork was delicious. One member found the ribs a bit tougher than expected and the glaze on my delicious creme brulee was a bit thick, but it was an altogether nice dining experience. Prices are a little high for mid-range but not excessive.

Date of visit: January 2021
3  Thank Steffen K
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Our first experience here at 1904, and we'll definitely be back!
The decor, ambience, and service were absolutely amazing.
There is something for everyone here. Steaks, ribs, chicken, burgers, freak shakes, you name it. Quite possibly the nicest fillet I've ever eaten.
A special mention to our fabulous waiter Torres, for the outstanding service we received. Him and his sidekick were so knowledgeable and attentive. Look forward to a return visit there!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 25 November 2020

Shocking service, the management staff of the restaurant were rude and disrespectful after I complained about the food that wasn’t what was presented on the menu.
The food isn’t great either.
Definitely won’t be going back to this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2020