“Fabulous bubbles”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Ome
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited with quite a large party as part of a pre booked excursion -friendly welcome with a tour of the cellar. We were shown how the wines are produced by a very knowledgable young lady who was the 4th generation of the family running the vineyard. She explained the techniques used by her grandparents and how these had changed over time with advances in mechanisation. We had a wine tasting with generous appetisers and fabulous Franciacorta bubbles. This was followed by a lovely evening meal, again very generous portions with more of their wines. Everyone was very friendly and we all found the ambience, meal and wine made the visit well worth the cost. Wines were good value and available for purchase. We brought some bubbles home to England and will purchase from them again as the shipping costs with the wine still make it good value. Really enjoyed the evening here.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We visited with a large group as part of a Travelsphere tour. The lady who hosted us was the 4th generation of the family in the business. We were shown the wine cellar and given an explanation about the methodology required to create the Franciocorta wine. Then the best part - tasting and a meal, followed of course by an opportunity to buy the product. Lovely afternoon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stayed here for a wine tasting tour and lunch. It was a relaxing day filled with good wine and fine food. The staff were accommodating and friendly. We were impressed seeing the younger generation helping out in the property.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Right off the bat I was disappointed with the accomodations old and tired would be an apt description. Having said that it was quaint and they had other rooms which I assume were better and cost more. We also discovered that their restaurant was not open for the 3 nights we stayed there. This was our fault not theirs but we had read about the restaurant and it has high recommendations.

The vineyard is close to a very noisy road which annoyed me but the others in the group were fine about it and having said that at night I did not hear it.

Breakfast was basic cheese meat boiled eggs rolls with filter coffee. Last morning I discovered I could get an expresso coffee again my fault for not asking.

Ok moans over......people great very friendly happy. Location great for the lakes very nice looking swimming pool , as it was September did not try and the best thing the wine.

We took the tour of their cellars half an hour max and very informative Francesca, I believe the 4 generation of owners, took us through their wine making facility which was very nice.

Then the tastings their predominate wine is Franciacorta, (Champagne), but they are not allowed to call it that. Made the same way and very very nice and half the price.

They make other wines too, merlot, cabinet Sauvignon. I bought 2 of the cabinets and my friends 4 of the bubbles all excellent and very good value.

Despite my moans re the accomodations, which at the end of the day were 90 Euros a night including breakfast for 2, I loved this place with the restaurant open I am sure it would have been 5 stars we will be back.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

A recommendation from a fellow Motor-homer led us to this rather special venue.
Three days among the vines, swimming pool to unwind but a special host and Family member Franchesca wearing the biggest smile of our holiday imparted an incredible knowledge of this Family run vineyard and intermittent Restaurant.
Romantic Dinner on the terrace, but Donkey stew was "Off" as was as was Horse Tagliatella
However the meal was fantastic as was the wine selection and the atmosphere "moody" to say the least. My way of expressing what a really great evening my Wife and I shared in this remarkable venue.
Dont miss out on the wine tasting or meal if you are in this beautiful area.