“Bexleyheath Meze”
Review of The Meze

The Meze
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Bexleyheath
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Description: The Meze is a modern Turkish grill serving you the best flavoured food in a friendly atmosphere. We pride ourselves on level of service, attention to detail and making sure you have the best dinning experience.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Not really impressed, meal for four was full of greasy donor kebab, wud have preferred less meat but better quality, few drumsticks and two extremely small lamb chops hidden underneath, staff pleasant though?........................

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I feel the need to complain about the service my daughter and her friends received at your restaurant Saturday evening . They were a group of 6 girls about 5 pm booked under the name of Farrell Sitting on a middle table at the back . When ordering their meals the 6 girls wanted to share a platter for 4 . These girls are quite petite with a small appetite do that platter would of been ample between 6 of them .( this I know as I often frequent your restaurant in Bromley and share the same with my friends as I also have a small appetite) they were told by your waitress ( brown hair , glasses , larger than average nose) is the description the girls gave ! That they had to order a full meal each as this is the rules in your restaurant !
Being young girls they didn’t know any different and ordered another two meals they did not want and really did not need, leaving a lot of uneaten food in the table and also costing the girls money they did not need to spend !
They also ordered starters so knew they would not be able to eat 6 main courses as most of the girls are petite as I stated previously.
As I said previously I visit the Bromley Meze often and have never had any trouble sharing a platter between six and have never been to a restaurant where every adult has to have a main meal !
I feel the girls were treated very badly and the waitress was very rude to them when they questioned this decision so felt the need to order more food than they could eat !
They may be young but that does not give your waitress the right to force them to order more food than they wanted to and make them feel intimidated to do so . They paid £32 each including their drinks if you want to check the bill.
I look forward to your comments and confirmation that it is Meze policy that all dinners have to order a main meal whether they want to or not as well as the starters they had already ordered and the alcohol !

8  Thank janescriv
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I visited this restaurant for the first time. For the hot meze I ordered the lamb liver and grilled halloumi and mains lamb chops. The lamb liver came with red onions and it was very tasty but they should've added more lamb liver on the plate as it was 2 of us and the grilled halloumi was exactly how I like it less salty. The lamb chops came with 3 pieces as I normally expect 4 pieces but it was very nice and tasty a long with cold red and white cabbage in the same plate, a bit pricey. I assume the waitress is Turkish or Turkish Cypriot because after my cousin said thank you to her in Turkish she claimed that she's not Turkish or Turkish Cypriot it was a bit of a laugh lol. The service was good, the meals came in good time and I enjoyed the Sunday meal, I will return again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This place was awful freezing cold we sat an ate our meal with all our coats on my grandson asked for a hat as it was so cold Our meal was cold before we could even eat it.
All a real big waste of money
And the STAFF were not interested

1  Thank wantadeal
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch with work pals. After we sat down and ordered we were then told that there was no hot drinks available, okay we got over it. Then told there was no Pinot, okay we ordered other drinks. Then after ordering a chicken kofe out came a chicken shish. We were literally the only table in there at lunch time! Waitress was lovely and very apologetic about the whole thing and nothing was her fault. We had a lovely lunch but just a bit chaotic.