See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very nice. Rooms more than adequate. Our hosts made it, so helpful. The food provided was all wholesome, local cuisine. A nice place to decamp after a long days travel and exploration. So friendly and kind.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The rooms are spacious and air conditioned.

We had a great stay at Belle Ombre. Rooms are private and the layout of the guesthouse is very practical.
Rooms have separate entrances, with n small kitchenette and bathroom.

The guesthouse has a wonderful pool area, that creates a very comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere.

Food was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: All the rooms are nice, with own entrances
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Bella Ombre Guesthouse in vredendal on the evening of the 6th of September. I have stayed there previously a few years ago and am happy I went back.The hosts are all stunning .Very friendly and make you feel at home. Nothing is to much for them to make your stay a relaxed and happy one. The atmosphere , rooms , breakfast are all top draw. I would recommend the Bella Ombre first and foremost when staying over in Vredendal.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DavidR14690
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Our Hosts, Piet & Sarah, as well as Karen, were magnificent. It was home away from home as we felt that we were among family. Accommodation was comfortable & remarkably clean.
Their dinner was amazing, with lots of love & personal attention.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We came to Vredendal on the first weekend in July 2017 to participate in the ORAK Ultra Marathon. Belle Ombre Guesthouse was very flexible during the booking process and offered us one self-catering unit instead of two - I initially thought my daughter will accompany us but only our son came with, since our daughter could not join us. The only glitch was that my understanding was that the room will have a double bed and a single bed. However when we came there it was only a double bed and a mattress on the floor for my son to sleep on. Since he is 15 years old and a big boy it was a bit uncomfortable and cold for him. Other than that he enjoyed the DSTV selection while my husband and I ran the marathon on the Saturday. Belle Ombre is situated in a quiet part of Vredendal but not too far from the main business area therefore we had a nice rest.

Room tip: If you are 3 people book a unit with a double bed and single bed unless you are fine with 1 person sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
Date of stay: July 2017