“MCNP very nice national park!”

Mammoth Cave National Park
More attraction details
Owner description: A mysterious limestone cave that has fascinated people for 4,000 years.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We just got back from Mammoth Cave National Park! I took my teens aged 18 and 13 and we really enjoyed our time there. We loved hiking the trails. We took the Domes and Dripstones tour and that was the best tour. The guide Eric was excellent!
We also took the Historic tour Wednesday 10 a.m. June 27th which we didn't like as well (hard to hear guide and screaming young children on tour). The visitors center was well laid out, organized with info desk, ticket desk, restrooms, gift shops, adjacent to lodge, dining. Bus pickup for tours behind the center.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 312)
All reviews
"tour options"
in 37 reviews

40 - 44 of 3 312 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a hard time deciding which tour to do, especially when they start talking about all the stairs. For us, the stairs were really not a problem. We did the Historical Tour which lasted 2 hours. We had Ranger Grace who did an excellent job of explaining what we were seeing and adding a bit of humor. You do move at a steady pace, but it is not difficult. Most of the stairs on this tour were at the very end. I believe it was 15 flights of stairs at one time. Fat Man’s Misery was not bad. I hit my knee, but I was trying to take a picture so it was my own fault. I am about 5’6” and I did have to duck down in some sections. If you have back problems you might be uncomfortable. On almost all the cave you are on a path, not going over rocky ground. Make sure you book your tour before arriving. I did notice our tour was sold out with the exception of the very last tour at 3:30. If you have children, they will enjoy doing the Junior Ranger program. They just need to pick up a book from the Rangers. On completion they can earn a badge. It is a pretty national park and worth your time to stop and check out!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This cave system is indeed mammoth. At 412 miles of mapped caves, and an expected 600+ more ml miles to discover it is huge.The size is it's main awesome feature. It 8s not like Carlsbad or Karchner (AZ) Caverns which have amazing "Big Rooms" of draperies,stalagmites and stalagtites. Only "Frozen Niagara" shows that type of awesomeness ar Mammoth Cave. Still well worth going, and good for kids!

1  Thank Jay W
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did the grand avenue tour in the morning and the star chamber tour in the evening. We had great guides for both. I think Luke and Jim for the star chamber and Dave and Jerry for the grand avenue. They do a nice job giving you historical facts and they make it a great experience. Definitely buy tickets in advance!!!! The nice thing is even if it storms you can still do the tours because it doesn’t rain in the cave. I do wish the tours had smaller groups because the grand avenue had like 75 people and it was kind of annoying but we had a great time anyway.