“What a Great Place!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Arlington, Virginia
“What a Great Place!”
Reviewed 9 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

The view of the stars at night, the accommodations, the horses happy to eat carrots, the location convenient to the Grand Canyon National Park, Kainab National Forest, and City of Williams - this is a great place.

I was with my adult daughters, wish had a little kid or two in tow. Lots for them to do too.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The stars
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
ClMitchel...
Seattle, Washington
“Very cozy and well kept home”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We felt very welcome in this nice little ranch, half an hour south of Grand Canyon NP. We didn't meet our hosts during our stay, but their careful touch was felt everywhere. The ranch is extremely well supplied with all the ustensils that one would ever need. The isolated ranch was perfect for star gazing (amazing skies!).
We really enjoyed our stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
James L
“Great place to get away”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

This home definitely met expectations. We were scheduled for 2 nights but could only stay one due to my son not handling the altitude, but we would have loved to stay longer.

It's very comfortable and its like the owner had thought of everything we could want...a cooler for ice on the deck, a grill in front and in back, and tons of seating inside and out.

Looking forward to coming back again, with preparations for the altitude.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Theo S
“Perfect location on a perfect spot”
Reviewed 12 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a great time in this house. We travelled with 5 persons around the west of America in 23 days and had 13 different hotel, houses or apartment. Without exception everyone enjoyed this house the most. It was a combination of old style stuff with modern equipment. It was clean, cosy and had lots of nice things to do.
We would recommend everyone to go here and spend a few days in this house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
missmilly
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Didn't meet expectations”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

After reading so many positive reviews and seeing the photos I really looked forward to our stay here, whilst we really enjoyed our stay in the area and meeting the nearby neighbours the house and the host disappointed me. Whilst the house is full of eclectic, unusual and some very beautiful items, for us it was over the top and full to bursting, removing half of the items would have stopped the rooms feeling oppressive and closed in, especially the bedrooms which in the case of the two smaller were dark and spooky, I think a child could be frightened in such a place. The kitchen was extremely well equipped for catering and there are a lot of extras such as cleaning equipment, basic store cupboard and lots of tea and coffee, but again full of items scattered all over the place a lot of which were dusty and the plates/cups were dirty so we tried to avoid using them. The large American fridge and large TV clash with the décor and looked odd and out of place.
I also found that the rooms are very dark and you can see from the photos they are taken with full lights on, hence they look a lot nicer in the picture. During the day if you open the blinds you get the intense sun and heat and also see all the dust on the many items! The exterior pictures don't show the view which is of fencing, the field, water container, utility meters and sheds and a rusty tractor, I know this is used as a stable/grazing land but to me it was rough and cluttered.
What really spoilt it for us though was the accusation we had used in excess of 2500 gallons of water within our first 24 hours - which is equivalent to approx 80-90 full baths of water and we were then asked to be more careful with our usage!. It was actually impossible for us to have used this amount of water in the time we were in the property and when you see notices in the house telling you to be mindful of your consumption or you could lose your deposit I was quite annoyed and concerned that this was going to happen. We arrived at the property at 5pm and that night each had a shower (3 of us) and put a load of washing on (drinking water does not come from the taps) We obviously used the toilet a few times as well. Next day we got up and after a cup of coffee and wash (no showers) left for the day at 8am not returning until 6pm, after a very hot day in the Grand Canyon I was looking forward to a jacuzzi bath but we arrived to find no water at all, in any toilet or tap outlet. This is when I contacted the host and was advised we had used it all?? To run 80-90 baths full of water we would have had to stay in quite some time to achieve this, it was also mentioned we could have left a toilet running, again to use 2500 gallons the toilet would have been gushing! The owner sent her son to obtain water and he seemed to be struggling to understand the electrics and meter which are also outside in the yard and spent some time on the phone trying to resolve this which led me to believe there was a problem with the supply. After we finally got water back around 8.30pm I didn't really want to use it so we popped out for food and again we just got a shower each that night. Next day we spent all day out of the ranch and returned late at night, so that I didn't have to use any water. I felt as though we didn't dare use anything even the distilled water for coffee in case we used too much! We have stayed in lots of remote places around the world where water is precious and would never be wasteful, yet to be accused of using so much in what amounted to 24 hours was not a nice experience. We also stay in a lot of houses on holiday, we used Airbnb (Peaceful Pines, Clarkdale) and Homeaway (Peachtree Inn Sedona) on this trip for 8 nights and had no issues, in fact I leave the houses tidy as I respect other peoples property, I even tidy hotel rooms before I leave!
One other thing I didn't like was the key access, I expected a key box with a key in it, however, it is a number pad to access the door and not a physical key so anyone who knows the number can access the property at any time, considering I booked in Dec for a stay in Jul and had the code emailed to me upon booking, it is obviously not changed often so quite a lot of people know this code.
I did love however, being away from it all and the quiet at night as well as the proximity to GCNP and Flagstaff.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet
Liked least: Accusation of using water and the general clutter
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
30 Jul 2016
We we so sad to hear you were disappointed with your stay at our home. We were tempted to respond to the many negative remarks however, this critical review appears to stem from the water issue so we will address that and will not address the many imaginative criticisms found in this review. We were not sure how such a large amount of water was used in such a short time.  It wasn't a big deal.  We were not upset.  When it was brought to our attention,  it was corrected immediately as we were mainly concerned about our guest's comfort. This is the only incident of any kind in the three years of our vacation renting our little ranch home. We mentioned to the guests to use as much water as they needed but to please not be wasteful.  When we said this we were not judgemental or accusative.   We even returned their deposit promptly and in full. We are relatively new to flipkey but have twenty other reviews with them that reflect our very happy guest's heartfelt comments.  We are also found elsewhere with ninety stellar reviews found there.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing