Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Awesome and Fulfilling Everglades Tour

This was an amazing trip, highly recommend for avid outdoors people looking for a unique... read more

Reviewed 27 April 2021
ewg889
Kayaking the Everglades

Just got off a five day kayak camping trip with Dave at Florida Outdoor Adventures. If you love the... read more

Reviewed 24 April 2021

from US$126,33
from US$152,83
from US$80,10
More Info
All reviews day tour sleeping bags highly recommend this trip plenty to eat camping equipment enjoyable adventure fun guide his assistant beautiful beach great trip shore birds airboat ride bird life fish dave paddle tents
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Did the three-day trip with my 16-year-old nephew in December 2017. David and Kevin were outstanding guides. They provided great meals each day and kept us busy the entire trip. The daily kayaking effort was perfect for us. We saw great sunsets, dolphins, and even a manatee. We plan on doing the 5-day trip in the future.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Four of us went ages 11 to 61 and we all had a great experience. Our guide Kevin was really good and he looked after the groups every need. The wildlife and kayaking was great, strenuous at times but never a problem for the group.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Last november (2017) Dave and Kevin planned and executed a perfect kayak experience in the Everglades. Campsites were very nice, material execellent, food Michelin worthy. But nothing beats the nature in which we kanoed. Unbeatable! The dolphins in front of our kanoes is a sight not easily forgotten.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I booked the five-day trip with a friend who’s an experienced camper. It was my first time camping in primitive conditions, made more so because of Hurricane Irma’s damage as the porta potties were all destroyed. I indicated on the application that I’m vegan and requested a single kayak. My friend and I read all the materials and expected to share a tent. What we didn’t expect was that all seven men on the trip would get a single tent but we were not afforded that consideration. I also didn’t get a single kayak and was assigned, along with my friend, a very large and heavy tandem. I protested and Dave told me the tandems are necessary to haul all the supplies. My request was ignored, clearly. I wrote to Dave more than once asking questions about the conditions of the trip and offering suggestions for feeding a vegan. He assured me everything would be fine. I suppose most people are fine with a couple of slices of melon for breakfast on the day of a 12-mile paddle, right? Or a bowl of greens and a pile of rice for dinner? Being left out of the happy hour snacking? Finding out that Dave considers vegans to be flexible and will eat anything if made hungry enough was infuriating. If not for the efforts of the other guide, Kevin, my meals would’ve been even skimpier. Kevin did his best to feed me a balanced vegan diet despite the scarcity of vegan food other than fruits and carrots. Kevin was also a fun guide, leading us through mangrove tunnels and sharing information about the areas we paddled through. He found bandages and tape for my blistered feet and took us back to the launch a day early when my toe became infected. Kevin was genuinely interested in getting to know his charges, too. I’m not sure Dave even knew my name. So the paddling was generally the high point of the day, the other men on the trip were delightful company, and the scenery was incredible. However I cannot recommend this tour operator to my fellow vegans. I will recommend Kevin whenever he gets his Beacon Adventures underway. He has all the qualities of a great guide.

Date of experience: December 2017
6  Thank nothoney
Dave K, Owner at Florida Outdoor Adventures - Guided Everglades Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

I’m sorry Sheryl did not get enough vegan options to eat. We bring as large a variety of food as possible for a backcountry camping trip, but we do not have enough space to provide for very strict dietary requirements. Anyone on a vegan diet is welcome to bring their own additional food to supplement as needed.
Absolutely, everyone can have either a single or double kayak, please make sure to specify your choice on the reservation form so there is no confusion. We were able to switch and Sheryl did have a single kayak after lunch on the first day.
The national park is working very hard to repair the damaged port-potties as soon as possible.
You're right, Kevin is a great guide and we’re lucky to have him working with us!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Dave is such an easy going guy. Made the trip a breeze. Beautiful beach to camp on and they cook you awesome meals! All you have to do is sit back and relax on the beach, morning and night. Definitely going back.

Date of experience: November 2017