Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
5 Day tour

Dave is a magician. If nothing else about this wonderful tour doesn’t impress you, Dave’s ability... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
walster75
Gypsum, Colorado
via mobile
Awesome and Fulfilling Everglades Tour

This was an amazing trip, highly recommend for avid outdoors people looking for a unique... read more

Reviewed 27 April 2021
ewg889

Recommended experiences in and around Everglades National Park
from US$84,00
from US$126,33
from US$152,83
from US$71,20
More Info
All reviews day tour sleeping bags highly recommend this trip plenty to eat fun guide his assistant great trip shore birds bird life bug spray fish dave paddle tents dolphins camping mangroves
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Four of us went ages 11 to 61 and we all had a great experience. Our guide Kevin was really good and he looked after the groups every need. The wildlife and kayaking was great, strenuous at times but never a problem for the group.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Last november (2017) Dave and Kevin planned and executed a perfect kayak experience in the Everglades. Campsites were very nice, material execellent, food Michelin worthy. But nothing beats the nature in which we kanoed. Unbeatable! The dolphins in front of our kanoes is a sight not easily forgotten.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I booked the five-day trip with a friend who’s an experienced camper. It was my first time camping in primitive conditions, made more so because of Hurricane Irma’s damage as the porta potties were all destroyed. I indicated on the application that I’m vegan and requested a single kayak. My friend and I read all the materials and expected to share a tent. What we didn’t expect was that all seven men on the trip would get a single tent but we were not afforded that consideration. I also didn’t get a single kayak and was assigned, along with my friend, a very large and heavy tandem. I protested and Dave told me the tandems are necessary to haul all the supplies. My request was ignored, clearly. I wrote to Dave more than once asking questions about the conditions of the trip and offering suggestions for feeding a vegan. He assured me everything would be fine. I suppose most people are fine with a couple of slices of melon for breakfast on the day of a 12-mile paddle, right? Or a bowl of greens and a pile of rice for dinner? Being left out of the happy hour snacking? Finding out that Dave considers vegans to be flexible and will eat anything if made hungry enough was infuriating. If not for the efforts of the other guide, Kevin, my meals would’ve been even skimpier. Kevin did his best to feed me a balanced vegan diet despite the scarcity of vegan food other than fruits and carrots. Kevin was also a fun guide, leading us through mangrove tunnels and sharing information about the areas we paddled through. He found bandages and tape for my blistered feet and took us back to the launch a day early when my toe became infected. Kevin was genuinely interested in getting to know his charges, too. I’m not sure Dave even knew my name. So the paddling was generally the high point of the day, the other men on the trip were delightful company, and the scenery was incredible. However I cannot recommend this tour operator to my fellow vegans. I will recommend Kevin whenever he gets his Beacon Adventures underway. He has all the qualities of a great guide.

Date of experience: December 2017
6  Thank nothoney
Dave K, Owner at Florida Outdoor Adventures - Guided Everglades Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

I’m sorry Sheryl did not get enough vegan options to eat. We bring as large a variety of food as possible for a backcountry camping trip, but we do not have enough space to provide for very strict dietary requirements. Anyone on a vegan diet is welcome to bring their own additional food to supplement as needed.
Absolutely, everyone can have either a single or double kayak, please make sure to specify your choice on the reservation form so there is no confusion. We were able to switch and Sheryl did have a single kayak after lunch on the first day.
The national park is working very hard to repair the damaged port-potties as soon as possible.
You're right, Kevin is a great guide and we’re lucky to have him working with us!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Dave is such an easy going guy. Made the trip a breeze. Beautiful beach to camp on and they cook you awesome meals! All you have to do is sit back and relax on the beach, morning and night. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Everything was perfect about our 3 Day Trip!

Dave planned the trip around the tides so it was easy to paddle out and then back in. Picnic Island was a beautiful place to camp. We watched perfect sunsets each night. We got to paddle with dolphins. We saw a HUGE flock of white pelicans. We paddled through mangrove tunnels. We explored Fakahatchee Key. The weather was perfect. Each night we built a small campfire and sat around it telling stories. Dave's assistant Kevin, and his friend, Dave, were very entertaining. They sang jazz for us. We learned about the Calusa Indians, the Gumbo Limbo trees and about all of the things that we saw.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this trip!!!