Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Great 8 Day Trip

Went on the 8 Day trip and was a great experience. Very well organized and managed, food was good... read more

Reviewed yesterday
griis45
Miami, Florida
Family Friendly Outdoor Fun

Dave and Adam were awesome guides. They provided us (2 adults & 2 teen boys) with plenty to eat... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$126,33
from US$152,83
from US$46,00
More Info
All reviews day tour sleeping bags camping equipment enjoyable adventure beautiful beach great trip highly recommend this trip shore birds airboat ride bird life fish dave tents dolphins bugs scenery gear
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful leisurely visit to Everglades Holiday Park this afternoon. We purchased our ticket/meal online prior to going. There is plenty of parking right near the handicap wood ramp that you walk up to enter. There are registers inside where you purchase your tickets, or redeem them from your online purchase. You are then given a number to be called for your airboat ride. While you wait, there are plenty of shaded areas, picnic tables, and Adirondack chairs to sit in. Once your number is called so that you can join your tour group in line, there is no shade, so I recommend a hat, cap, or even a small umbrella. They do have large fans blowing air/mist while you stand in line, so that was a nice little treat! As soon as your captain is ready to bring you on board, they take a "complimentary" photo (and I want to emphasize this because at other places, they seem to want to push the photo opportunity on you just to make the extra buck!) that they develop and hand to you (at no extra cost) upon disembarking your airboat. We were SO privileged to have been placed on the SunDance with Capt. Dylan! He was so much FUN, and had great command of his airboat. We felt like at times we were flying through the water, or on a ride at a theme park! If that in and of itself wasn't enough, Capt. Dylan came into the boat and gave us an interactive teaching on the sawgrass, the cat tail, the bonnet lilly pad and the worm that lives in it, as well as, a plethora of information on Florida wildlife and the Everglades. We were able to see several gators up close, a purple bird, a big iguana perched on a branch and several different species of fish. We were also introduced to pond apple trees, that as the captain described, when the fruit is green, it is highly toxic (full of arsenic) and therefore only edible once a year in its ripest, red form! After our tour was over, we stood in line for approximately twenty minutes in the hot sun waiting to enter the Gator Boys show. This was the only downer to the whole experience and the reason I cannot give this review five stars!!! Once we were in, the short but pleasant show starring, the beautiful redhead of the "Gator Boys" Ashley, was entertaining, amusing and well done. Upon exiting the gator show, there was one more stop for us...the Gator Bites Cafe. We enjoyed an all-American meal of a burger, hotdog, fries and two drinks for a more than moderate price! I can't wait to share this experience with my family members and friends!

Date of experience: July 2015
Dave K, Owner at Florida Outdoor Adventures - Guided Everglades Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Glad to read that you enjoyed your airboat ride and gator wrestling show, but this is not the Everglades Holiday Park. We only do guided kayak eco-tours inside Everglades National Park.

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

OMG had the best time ever and I've lived in Florida 10 years and 1st time on airboat ride! It enclosed and OK even in rain. Did this for my birthday and had the best birthday ever! Will definitely do again.

Date of experience: April 2015
2  Thank doughit
Dave K, Owner at Florida Outdoor Adventures - Guided Everglades Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2015

Glad to hear that you had a great Everglades experience, but you did not take your airboat ride with us. Florida Outdoor Adventures operates only guided Everglades kayak tours, and no airboat rides.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

I had a great five day Everglades paddle trip with Dave K. He knows the waters like his backyard. Dave is entertaining, low-key, informative and highly organized. His meal preparation was a marvel. The food, as claimed, was delicious. He gave me a short, but highly effective paddle lesson that increased the quality of my trip dramatically. Just a couple of caveats, especially for the older traveler. At 67, and a non-kayaker, I did a fair amount of practice just before the trip, and it paid off. The sleeping pads provided were too thin for me to sleep comfortably; you might consider bringing a thicker one. Technically, the tents provided on the trip are large enough for two people, but with two people, I don't know what you would do with your gear. Sleeping on this trip is difficult enough; two in a tent would have been an enormous challenge. Otherwise, go and enjoy.

Date of experience: March 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Dave took my son (17) and I on a 3 hour trip into the mangroves. He provided so much information on the Everglades along the way. The sights were beautiful, the pace was just right, the discussion was a pleasure, the atmosphere peaceful - a perfect introduction to the park. We would love to return and do a longer trip.

Date of experience: March 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank KAnthony2008
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This is my second trip with Dave and my 4th trip of this kind in the Everglades National Park. I can honestly say that trips with Dave are the way to go. He is so good at evaluating everyone's abilities and interests, and fine tuning the trip to accommodate the group. I have done these trips as a solo traveler every time, so I have joined a very diverse group of people each time. It amazes me how everyone in the group has a wonderful experience even with all the different abilities and expectations. Dave's camp cooking ability is outstanding! You will never be hungry, and it's amazing what he can cook with a pan, a pot, and a cook stove! We actually had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and biscuits, and strawberry shortcake one night! He clearly loves what he does, and shares that enthusiasm with everyone. You leave the trip with a greater respect for the beauty and diversity of this amazing place. The paddling can be challenging sometimes, depending on the wind, but Dave had us paddle through the mangroves to avoid as much wind as possible, and I felt very accomplished for having physically challenged myself this way.

Date of experience: February 2015