Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tent cabins pizza desert porch signal store sunrise
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021

Everything as expected. Tent cabins, RV spots or cabins available in the campground. Motel still closed at this time but if you call I believe they’re can make accommodations. Very Peaceful. Nice restaurant bar across the street and small market with lots available including shakes and ice cream. Don’t listen to the whining reviews about the bathrooms. They’re campground bathrooms and they look no worse than many others I’ve been. Water is warm and the pressure albeit light, is sufficient to get the job done. Popular spot for motorcycles. I suspect this place was busy on weekends like this past Presidents’ Day, before the plague. Now they’re struggling but with things starting to open again it is hopeful they’re business will pick up. Read a lot of complaints about gas prices. What do you expect out in the middle of Death Valley.. 4 bucks which is cheaper then nearby Stove Pipe Wells or Furnace Creek near the Nevada border. This campground was everything I expected including the knowledgeable Esteban in the store and Aaron (I think) the friendly funny owner, Great place just to stop for a cold beer and a sandwich or even better grab a spot for a few nights. The place to be for days exploring Death Valley or even the Easter Sierra Mountains. You will not run out of things to do and places to explore. We will be back.

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank Desert-Explore
Reviewed 13 January 2021

In desperate need for some outdoor time, but wanting to maintain social distance safety, my husband and I headed to Death Valley. A visit here had been on my bucket list for a while, and although it's only a few hour drive for us, the limited visitation season had eluded us until now. We arrived at The Panamint Resort, with reservations for a small tent rental just after the New Year, the weather was perfect. Charlie checked us in, was super friendly, adjusted my reservation which had included breakfast ( a small upcharge when available) as I would not be around from 8-10 am. ( I'd be photographing sunrise somewhere). Charlie explained that most of the staff would be laid off as of today, restaurant was closed, campground would be dry (no hookups) but the small store and gas station would remain open. He was friendly and optimistic, hoping to be re-employed soon.
The tent was adequate. Two cots, on a raised, insulated floor. Plenty of room for personal items. A Picnic table and fire pit are provided in the small site. There are maybe 8 tents, +/- , some bigger, for four cots. An area for RV's and a campsite for bring your own tent camping.
The fire rings do not have grates so bring your own if you need to cook over the firepit. The bathrooms were clean, but in quite disrepair. The floor was consistently wet as the toilets leaked from the base and wall. The Showers, which I did not use, were adequate, and seemed to be kept clean. Bring shower shoes if you intend on using them. Toilet seat covers are not provided.
This resort is on the western side of the park. Many of the attractions are east, over the mountain range. Plan on long days, lots of driving and hiking and amazing geology, views, history and more. Be sure to spend some time at Father Crowley's overlook, ( a few miles west of Panamint resort) to watch for fighter jets.
Overall, my suggestions is to GO! There is so much to do in Death Valley but with a planned itinerary, you should be able to do most in a 3 or 4 day weekend. Panamint Resort is a great choice for an easy place to stay!

Room tip: It is very quiet everywhere.
Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank alisaj_12
Reviewed 25 April 2020 via mobile

Wasn’t expecting much from this place but was impressed by the facilities and hospitality. The rooms were basic but clean. The staff were super friendly as were the owners who we met at an evening bonfire get together. The restaurant/bar area was rustic and cosy and the food was good. A simple buffet breakfast was provided in the morning. The check in was in convenience store and had a good variety of items for sale. Would recommend this as a good place to stay to explore the area.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank familyminato
panamint_springs, Front Office Manager at Panamint Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2020

Thank you for your kind feedback! We are happy to have met you and had you here as our guest. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 April 2020

After several weeks quarantined at home with COLD, RAIN, & SNOW, I needed to get away to some place warm and dry so I headed to Death Valley to do "Social Distancing" my way. Over 5,000 sq. miles to choose from (probably under 100 people in the valley). Well I ended up at Panamint Springs Resort. Although rustic, I can not say enough good things about it. From the family that owns and run it, to the guests that were camping and staying there, I felt relaxed and at home (1 day turned into 3 and I booked another stay for next week). A HUGE thanks to Aaron (who even fixed my flat tire) and brother & sister Ben & Victoria and sister in- law Alexis and their Mom and Dad. They made me feel like family. They had a wealth of info on the area & told me things to do. Panamint Springs is not for everyone, but if you are looking for some place special, this place is rich in good old friendly hospitality.

Room tip: Incredible Views
Date of stay: April 2020
3  Thank robertaL7923CE

We are so glad you ended up here with us at Panamint Springs Resort! We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2020

The people working there were very nice. That being said, they mistakenly gave away our private cabin which we had booked six months in advance. Instead of our booked place, they offered a motel room. We refused and they eventually gave us a different cabin, attached to another with a screaming baby next door.

Date of stay: March 2020

It is certainly a disappointment to hear that your reservation was not honored as it should have been. We work toward ensuring that our guests' reservations are consistent with what has been booked. Thank you for leaving your feedback!