“My Time”
Little Cottage at Sunset Cottages
Cottage has its own picnic table and Webber gas grill Living room with flat-screen TV, DVD player, and WIFI
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Little Cottage at Sunset Cottages
Cottage has its own picnic table and Webber gas grill
Living room with flat-screen TV, DVD player, and WIFI
Bedroom has queen bed. All linens provided.
Fully equipped kitchen with stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, dishes, utensils...
Bathroom with walk-in shower. Hairdryer and all linens provided.
Enjoy your morning coffee or a glass of wine at sunset overlooking the bay.
We have seen harbor seals, porpoises, eagles, and osprey just off our ledges.
Enjoy a picnic overlooking the bay.
Photo taken from our ledges at sunset!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Farmers Branch, Texas
“My Time”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I can't believe I forgot to write this until now. This is one of the most spectacular locations for beauty and serenity. The owners are fantastic; willing to help with what you need, yet leave you to yourself unless needed. Although it is isolated, I found it easy to get around and go hiking everyday, eat out if I chose, yet the cabin was fully equipped for me to cook as I pleased. I will definitely come back here.

Travelling group: Solo
Jonathan...
“The Best”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

This is one of our favorite places. Little Cottage is a perfectly warm and cozy small vacation house, with water views, ideal for a couple. Located on a naturally beautiful property, there is a sloping lawn leading down from the cottage to the water’s edge, where among the trees are a few perfectly placed Adirondack chairs. Here, in privacy, are fantastic sunset views, with islands in the distance, and swimming loons, ducks and the occasional bald eagle swooping in.

Robin and family are always hospitable and helpful with anything you might need, from an extra lobster pot, to directions to little known local spots, to a place to get your bike out of the rain.

Speaking of bikes, Sunset Cottages are located within striking distance of Acadia National Park and all of the Mount Desert Island attractions. But, and I can’t emphasize this enough, they are in what is known as the Quietside of MDI. You will be staying in a quiet natural setting, near the quaint town of Southeast Harbor, away from the cruise ship bustle of Bar Harbor, yet Bar Harbor is an easy, and pretty, car ride away.

This is a fabulous place to stay, whether you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway, or for a beautiful spot to relax and recharge between biking, hiking and kayaking amid great natural beauty.

TripAdvisor has specified that I should include in my review my least favorite thing. I’m coming up empty. I suppose my least favorite thing is leaving.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, surrounding property, owners
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ZebulonLe...
Montreal, Canada
“Perfect cottage!”
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This rental is perfect to discover the quiet side of the National Park of Acadia.
The cottage is small but very functional, bright and the view is beautiful!
Robyn is alsso a very sympathic host.

Travelling group: Avec mon époux(se) / partenaire
Cailin P
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Perfect spot for a relaxing, fun, beautiful honeymoon”
Reviewed 8 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent a week at Little Cottage for our honeymoon and it couldn't have been more perfect. The cottage was just big enough for us to feel close and cozy, it was comfortable (and heated for those cold nights!) and the we loved the location. Being able to wake up and see--in our opinion--one of the most beautiful spots on the island was fantastic. Being on the "quiet side" of the island for us was a real treat--we were able to easily drive to any of the bigger areas for day activities, but when we came back at night to the quiet and the sky full of stars (we could even see the Milky Way!) it was absolutely breathtaking and perfectly peaceful. The Everbeck family was nothing but welcoming and more than willing to help us find things to do, places to eat, but also let us explore the island and find things that we would like to do on our own.

We had an absolutely wonderful trip and couldn't have asked for anything more. Little Cottage was perfect for the two of us and we would love to visit again in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
WI
Reviewed 1 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing