“Wanderful simple and cheap”

Locanda al Castello
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Fivizzano
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

A superb place inside the castle. Great decor. Everything is simple and tasety in the menu except the deserts which are not as good.

3  Thank RanL117
Francesca B, Proprietario at Locanda al Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thankyou so much

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Visited in 2015 for lunch. It's a true authentic place with so much charm. It felt like a working lunch as I was with my wedding planner, planning my wedding for 2016. Perfect place to start setting the scene. Will be back ❤ Food was simple, but equally gorgeous & the best value ever.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

22 minutes up the hill on SS63 from the Aulla exit of the autostrade you will find the most authentic, beautiful, friendly restaurant in all of northern Tuscany. The family that runs this facility in the dungeon of 11th century Verrucola Castle is charming and friendly. The workers lunch (now 12 Euro) includes large primi and secundi courses with wine, bread and coffee. EVERYTHING is home made. This IS where all the local workers eat. Can't make lunch, dinner is just as good, but 25 Euro. Take the side trip up to this incredibly charming faculty. You won't want to eat anywhere else.
You can always order off the incredible menu as well.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

An interesting typically Italian family run restaurant in a unique setting. The lunchtime menu is a little more adventurous than other local venues, we had a fish dish which can be difficult to find. The food quality was very good and excellent value, service was not very attentive, as on our visit there seemed to be some family friction. Parking is also a bit of a challenge. I would however reccomend a visit if you are staying in the Fivizzano area.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Three of us went to this rather pleasant rustic place for the set lunch. It was three courses for I think 10 Euro. I believe that establishments like this are obliged to offer low priced good quality food for local worker etc.

We didn’t know what we were going to get but we ended up having a Tomato Pasta dish to start, followed by pork chop, but I can’t remember what the dessert was. It was some time ago. What I do recall was that we were given a bottle of local white wine to share to accompany our meal. Surprisingly the food was very good. I am not the greatest lover of Pork but it was delicious. The pasta was not too shabby too.

I don’t know whether this place is open in the evening, but I definitely recommend it of lunch. It is a charming restaurant and with great value rustic Tuscan food.