Kariega Game Reserve - Settlers Drift
US$79
US$77
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$92
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve(Kwandwe Private Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssettlers drifttented lodgeluxury safari experienceherd of elephantsour honeymoonwet towelsevery aspectinfinity poolthe main lodgebush walknice wineprivate dining experiencemid driveamazing driverright place at the right timeboat transferamazing place to stay
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely perfect!!! Very clean, nice interior. Stunning views. Very friendly staff. Great food & drinks!

The Safari was an exceptional and breath-taking experience (thank you Chris!).
We recommend to stay for at least 3 nights as there is so much to explore!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

If you are keen to experience safari in luxury, this is definitely the place for you. From beginning to end the service was excellent from the onsite staff. The accommodation was outstanding, plenty of room and a stunning view across the plains to watch the animals. The food offered a great range of South African specialities and was delicious. Our ranger for the trip was Louis, who was excellent, clearly enjoys his job and being with the animals. He offered fantastic insight for both animal, insects and flowers! He even catered for the party sundowner alcohol needs :)) Thank you Louis! This place is worth every penny of the costs, we thoroughly recommend to all those looking for a luxury safari experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Settlers Drift surpassed everything we hoped our safari experience would be. The accommodations, the staff, and, of course, the reserve and wildlife within combined to create an incredible experience. Every aspect of our stay felt meticulously planned and wonderfully executed.

The rooms are private cabins and are large and beautiful, overlooking the reserve with plenty of wildlife like giraffes and antelope in plain sight. The main Settlers Drift lodge had plenty of seating both indoors and out with views of the reserve throughout and a big fireplace in the middle for cooler mornings and nights.

We had the opportunity to go out on drives twice a day with a break in between to enjoy breakfast, lunch and spa/pool amenities. Each time we returned from a drive we were welcomed back by the staff with warm towels and drinks. breakfast, lunch and dinner were prepared by an on-site chef, all timed perfectly around our outdoor experiences.

We were so fortunate to have Victoria (Vicky) as our guide throughout our three night stay. I can't imagine having a more passionate and engaging person to lead us through the reserve, whether in a car, on a boat, or on foot. She did a great job of of making herself flexible enough to experience everything we wanted to experience while also keeping tabs on where the action was at to ensure that we got to see all of the unique and beautiful things happening throughout the reserve.

All in all, I can't recommend Settlers Drift enough, particularly as a destination for couples.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Settler's Drift and it was by far the best days of our 2 weeks spent in South Africa. I can't say enough how accommodating and genuinely nice the staff is here. They remind me of a big, helpful, and welcoming family that you came to visit. I have to say our game ranger, Louis, went out of his way to make sure we saw as many of the animals as possible. We saw lions cuddling next to each other, lionesses game planning for a hunting trip, lions eating a zebra, baby rhinos drinking and whining for milk from his mom, a beautiful herd of elephants, so many giraffes (we even went on a bush walk and got fairly close to the giraffes. We went on a fun boat ride and watched the amazing night sky filled with bright stars. Every step of the way Louis was educating us on what we were seeing and why which makes you appreciate everything even more. Thank you so much Louis! Your passion and love for Kariega and the animals is infectious. You are the best!

The food at Settler's Drift is top notch. The breakfast everyday was so delicious and I enjoyed high tea. Dinner had a great variety of choices. Their hot cocoa is the best I've ever tasted! I already miss it.

The private tent is truly exceptional and luxurious. It's a huge room, more than 1000 sqft with glorious views of the safari. The shower turns into an outdoor shower! They didn't miss a thing. I would definitely come back to Kariega, after seeing my pictures and videos all my family and friends are dieing to stay here too.

Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, the only thing I wish is that I didn't have to leave. ☺️ Till next time

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francesca M
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Settlers drift exceeded all of our expectations! I have stayed at many game lodges and this was by far the best. The staff were ALL outstanding, and truly made us feel at home. The atmosphere in the lodge was incredibly homey and comfortable, whilst maintaining a beautiful, 5 star environment. The rooms were lovely and spacious, with a breathtaking view. Every detail was impeccable. The staff stopped at nothing to make our stay very special, as we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary. A huge thanks to our guide Louis! our game drives were truly amazing with your passion for what you and knowledge. We were extremely fortunate to see all sorts of animals, from all the large impressive animals, to very rare smaller animals, we even saw a lion kill. The food was incredible - all dietary requirements were catered for above and beyond. I cannot recommend settlers drift enough. The only negative experience we had, was leaving. Thank you for the amazing memories! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple