We stayed at River Lodge 4 nights, and could have stayed longer! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by absolutely warm staff with towel and drinks on hand. The main lodge is a beautiful log and thatch construction, and is overlooking the beautiful river. The suites are individual constructions with the same characteristics; tall thatch roof, mud walls and concrete floors. Very spacious main room and bath. Ours was open the the rear plains, where antelopes, giraffes, zebras and a plethora of birds would often stop by.
Our game drives with JC were fun, very entertaining and informative. JC is passionate for his work and it shows. The food was always awesome and plentiful and the staff, whether immediate supporting staff or ground staff were all happy to give you their best smile or give you a hand with everything. Overall, it was a fantastic stay and we would return in a heartbeat. Thank you Kariega!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve