We stayed here for 3 nights and had 5 drives as well as joining the boat trip to Kenton on sea. We were hoping for a guided bush walk on our last day but heavy rain meant we couldn't go.
The drives were fantastic, you felt safe at all times. The drivers had set distances they would stop away from the animals but if the animals were comfortable and calm they would allow them to get incredibly close to the jeep. The rangers also managed traffic very well never avoiding having multiple jeeps all crowding the same animal.
The lodge itself was lovely, the rooms are relatively basic but you aren't expected to spend much time in them. It was great to try a variety of game meat at dinner which was all very flavoursome. The inclusive wine selection was incredibly extensive
The lodge also has an onsite spa. The prices of which were incredibly reasonable for such a fantastic treatment in a very picturesque treatment room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve