We have just returned from South Africa and definitely one of the highlights for us was our trip to Sibuya. From the moment we boarded the boat to the minute we left it was truly an excellent experience.
We have three young children - 12, 7 and 6 - and they were entertained for the two days we were there. The staff could not have been more facilitating and when it was time to go we felt we were saying goodbye to close friends. Our children have not stopped talking about their time in Sibuya!
Our guide, Daniel, was wonderful - truly passionate and knowledgeable about the animals and really ensured that everyone in the family enjoyed each excursion. It was wonderful to tap into his world for a short time. Our youngest child is 6 and has a fascination for lizards and frogs. Daniel gave him so much time....he will never forget it.
Our hosts were Norma Jean and Cherri....again two people who have such a passion for Sibuya and also wonderful local knowledge, The children loved them! They took them kayaking and fishing.....back to basics which was magical. Our children are not hugely into technology so this was just what they were after.
The food was excellent and the chat in the evenings around the fire was relaxed and fun. We got to meet so many of the people who make Sibuya what it is.....a little piece of paradise!
We would highly recommend a trip to this game reserve....we would definitely love to go there again! Continued success to all involved in Sibuya!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big 5 Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a 45 minute boat transfer from the village of Kenton-on-Sea to River or Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Luxurious Bush Lodge, situated just outside the main Reserve in a pristine indigenous forested valley, is accessed the same way and then guests are transferred by game drive vehicle to the Lodge. All buffet-stlye meals & beverages are included - as are canoeing, fishing, swimming, birding etc. Add-on activities at a nominal extra rate include massages, horse riding on the beach and golf. An abundance of wildlife from Elephants to Otters and prolific bird life await you. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced knowledgeable professionals who ensure a memorable personalised stay which will leave you saying 'Sibuya!' - 'We will return!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve: 4 -Star Luxury Tented Camps and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea