Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 017)
1 017 results
All reviews the main hotel afternoon tea drawing room extensive grounds banks of the river dining room course dinner riverside building first class the general manager every member of staff public areas high standard lamb lovely room bed and breakfast short break
Selected filters
31 - 36 of 1 017 reviews
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Staff at this hotel made our stay very special. They were attentive especially given the Covid requirements which as a result did not really impact upon our visit adversely.

The hotel is set in extensive grounds which makes for good walking around the property and the view down to the river enhances the whole experience.

The dining experience I suspect is quite a draw for this hotel as it is excellent and for us it was an integral part of the whole stay.

If I were to stay again I would book a higher spec room, as in spite of the lovely public spaces, our room didn’t quite match as it was very small.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmhLondon
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

We were treated here from my parents for our anniversary. It’s the first time I’ve been afternoon tea and it was delicious.
Jalal and Mike made our day feel special as nothing was too much bother to them. From the choice of tea to the selection of sandwiches, mini burger sliders to the desert/cake selections it was wonderful giving a mix of traditional and some modern variations.
If this is what their afternoon tea tastes like I am definitely going to return for a meal some evening.

1  Thank thethomsons2001
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in this beautiful hotel! The grounds are maintained to a very high standard and our room had a beautiful view of the River Tay. During these precarious times the hotel has a one way system in place, hand sanitiser stations throughout and all staff wear face coverings. Despite these measures the place ran smoothly and the staff kept the ambience of the hotel. My only (teeny) criticism was that the only hot food available at night was evening dinner which was delicious but I couldn’t eat a 5 course meal 3 nights in a row. We had to go out for dinner one night then had sandwiches in the bat another! Not sure if it’s because of the restrictions that there is no other food available or if this is the norm. All in all a very relaxing enjoyable break and we’ll definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

We had two extremely good nights at the Ballathie House Hotel. Comfortable rooms with all that you could expect in them, lovely staff, great breakfasts and a delicious dinner (pricy but worth it!). It all added up to an outstanding break.

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed en route to NW Scotland. Booked in for dinner with my family and what a surprise!!. The 3 course dinner was really out of this world - fresh, creative and well presented. We didn’t expect such great food. The hotel was good too - well located next to a beautiful river and very quiet with nice walks along the river bank.

Date of stay: August 2020